Illinois – -(Ammoland.com)- Illinois Legislation that would require gun shops to get licenses issued by the state may come up for a vote this week in the Illinois House.
If passed, this legislation would make it nearly impossible for your favorite firearm retailer to stay in business.
Shops would be forced to deploy a long list of costly new business practices in order to maintain their licenses. It is estimated that these new requirements would add at least $100 to the cost of firearm purchased from a licensed retailer.
All the details of the bill, which is expected to be HB1016, have yet to be released.
However, this is a taste of what you should expect to see once it is released:
– You will be videotaped when you purchase a gun and that video tape will be provided to the police. Bottom line – you and your guns will be registered.
– Firearm retailers will be forced to install state of the art vaults and alarms at their shops. Very few retailers can afford $2 million security systems – so they’ll just have to go out of business.
– Firearm retailers would be required to fill out stacks of new forms and keep reams of paper records covering your firearm purchases. Minor recordkeeping mistakes will result in termination of licenses and shutting down of shops.
– The Chicago Police Department will have to right to inspect and audit any gun shop in the state at any time, without justification, for as long as they feel like staying. It’s hard to remain in business if you and your staff spend all day entertaining gun-grabbing Chicago Police Department hacks.
This is serious business, folks.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUNS
- 1. Beginning Monday, May 2nd, start calling Senator Don Harmon’s offices at (217) 782-8176 and (708) 848-2002 and politely tell the person that answers the phone that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you are steadfastly opposed to Sen. Harmon’s Firearm Dealer Licensing bill.
- 2. Beginning Monday, May 2nd, start calling Representative Kathleen Willis’ offices at (217) 782-3374 and (708) 562-6970 and politely tell the person that answers the phone that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you are steadfastly opposed to Rep. Willis’ Firearm Dealer Licensing bill.
- 3. On May 2nd, contact your own State Senator and your State Representative and politely tell them that you are a law abiding firearm owner how is opposed to state licensing of firearm retailers and that you would like your State Senator and State Representative to vote against any bills that would license firearm retailers.
- 4. Pass this alert on to all your gun owning friends and family and tell them to make calls as well.
- 5. Please post this alert to any and all Internet blogs, bulleting boars and social media sites to which you may belong.
REMEMBER – GUN CONTROL IS A DISEASE; YOU ARE THE CURE
About Illinois State Rifle Association:
The Illinois State Rifle Association is the state’s leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. Since 1903, the ISRA has represented the interests of over 1.5 million law-abiding Illinois firearm owners Visit: www.isra.org