Chatsworth, IL -(AmmoLand.com)- Last week I mentioned the Illinois General Assembly adjourned to “the call of the chair”, which is true not only for the Speaker of the House, but also for the President of the Senate. Last week I only mentioned the Speaker of the House. In any case, session is scheduled every Wednesday, although they cancelled yesterday.
Right now, we are preparing for the 14th Annual NRA Day at the ISRA Range, held on Saturday, June 18th at 10:00 a.m. It takes about 350 to 400 volunteers to put on this great event. If you haven't previously attended NRA Day at the ISRA Range, you should. While you're at it, don't forget to bring your friends and/or your family with you.
Summer is easing Spring into the history books, which means the summer shooting season is already in full swing. I urge you to join a shooting league at a range near you. There is no better way to have fun and improve your shooting skills.
Here is a run-down of the leagues at the ISRA Range:
- The first Sunday of the month there are two leagues at the ISRA Range, Black Powder League and the Combat League, both of which start at 8:00 a.m.
- The fourth Sunday of the month is the Bullseye League, starting at 8:00 a.m.
- The Glock League is the last Sunday of the month in June, July and August only, which starts at 9:00 a.m.
- Every Tuesday, the High Power League (Service Rifle) starts at noon, with more relays at 5 p.m.
- Every Wednesday, at noon, is the Bench Rest League.
- Also on every Wednesday, the F Class League is held, with both afternoon and 5 p.m. relays.
- The Small Bore League (.22 rim fire) starts every Thursday at 5 p.m.
If you live near the ISRA Range, please try to take advantage of these leagues.
One of the new areas the ISRA is exploring is the International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA). The IDPA is the most practical competition for those interested in self-defense applications. The great thing is it has to be shot with an “out of the box” pistol. The only thing you can do to the pistol is a trigger job and sights. In other words, you don't need a “race gun” to shoot it. In fact, they are prohibited. There are classes for six types of handguns, including revolvers. You only compete against those who have firearms like yours. You can find out more by going to idpa.com. We will get started later this fall.
The old news is it will be Trump versus Clinton this fall. Trump has 1536 Delegates, far more that the 1237 needed. The same is true for Clinton, with 2755 Delegates. The only question is will the Obama/Clinton team get the latest scandals swept under what is a very lumpy rug?
Thanks for being a member.
Check out ISRA’s website at www.isra.org! Tell us what you think!
About Illinois State Rifle Association:
The ISRA is the state’s leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. Since 1903, the ISRA has represented the interests of over 1.5 million law-abiding Illinois firearm owners.
For more information, visit: www.isra.org.