Virginia – -(Ammoland.com)- The following laws become effective on Friday, July 1 2016:
* Virginia will honor the permits from all other states. In turn we should get recognition from three new states: New Hampshire, Georgia, and Colorado.
As of this afternoon, none of those three states have updated their web sites to show recognition of Virginia. I expect it might be a week or two before we see Virginia added to the states they honor.
As the states add Virginia to their list of recognized permits, I will let you know here on VA-ALERT.
* Gun shows will have a booth where Virginia State Police can run VOLUNTARY background checks for private sales.
* A person who has a permanent protection order against them cannot possess firearms until that order is lifted or expires (2 years is maximum time for a permanent protection order). This tracks federal law.
* No second ID will be required when purchasing a firearm. For so-called “assault firearms,” the requirement for proof of citizenship is gone.
* Members of the Virginia National Guard with CHPs can carry concealed on National Guard facilities, with limited exceptions.
About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.