WITCHITA, Kan. -(Ammoland.com)- Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever members and upland supporters in Kansas will convene on March 11th at the Marriot in Wichita for the organization’s 2017 State Convention.
Open to the public, the event will feature informational presentations related to wildlife habitat conservation, land management, chapter partnerships, firearms, and pollinators.
“The 2017 Kansas State Convention is an important annual meeting to connect chapters, agency partners, and landowners to the organization’s overarching mission of wildlife habitat conservation,” stated Marc Glades, south region manager for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever. “We encourage the general public to attend seminars running throughout the day to learn more about ‘The Habitat Organization’ and our partners who are working in tandem to help wildlife thrive in the state of Kansas.”
2017 Kansas State Habitat Meeting Highlights
- 8:30 a.m. – Welcome to the 2017 Kansas Habitat Convention: Brett Reber, PF/QF National Board Member
- 9 a.m. – Partnership Importance: Kansas NRCS / KDWPT and Dave Nomsen, PF/QF Vice President of Governmental Affairs
- 9:30 a.m. – Putting it to Work in Kansas: Bob St. Pierre, PF/QF Vice President of Marketing
- 10:15 a.m. – Habitat, Pollinators, Agriculture, and Pheasants Forever: Pete Berthelsen, PF/QF Director of Habitat Partnerships
- 11 a.m. – R3: Recruitment, Retention, & Reactivation: John Linquist, PF/QF Hunting Heritage & Shooting Sports Manager
- 11:30 a.m. – Putting the Forever in Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever: Jordan Martincich, PF/QF Director of Development
Concurrent Breakout Sessions: The sessions will start at 1 p.m. and end at 4 p.m. The breakout sessions will cover Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever chapter education, pollinators, habitat management, and state partnerships.
Following the breakout sessions there will be an evening banquet from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. The banquet will include award ceremonies, live actions, raffle drawings, dinner, games, and prizes.
Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s 2017 Kansas State Convention is open to members, agency partners, and the general public.
For more information or to order tickets, please contact Chris Blackledge at (620) 767-2121 or visit their website
To attend, tickets are $30 for the Saturday seminar schedule which includes a hearty breakfast and lunch.
About Pheasants Forever:
Pheasants Forever, including its quail conservation division, Quail Forever, is the nation's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation. Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever have more than 149,000 members and 720 local chapters across the United States and Canada. Chapters are empowered to determine how 100 percent of their locally raised conservation funds are spent, the only national conservation organization that operates through this truly grassroots structure. Since creation in 1982, Pheasants Forever has spent $708 million on 517,000 habitat projects benefiting 15.8 million acres nationwide.