APPLETON, Wis. -(Ammoland.com)- Armament Systems and Procedures (ASP), a leading manufacturer of law enforcement products, is expanding its offering of high-performance tactical lighting solutions with the addition of the company’s first programmable flashlights.
The new Pro DF and Pro AA lights offer primary illumination of 500 and 305 lumens, respectively, with a secondary light level that’s user-programmable at 15, 60, or 150 lumens, or strobe. The AA model uses universally-available AA batteries, while the DF (“Dual Fuel”) model works with either an 18650 rechargeable battery or two CR123A primary (single use) cells.
In keeping with ASP’s emphasis on intuitive design and simplicity in its law enforcement tools and training, activation of the Pro light is via a single pressure switch on the tail cap—press once to activate the primary/max setting, twice to activate the user-programmed secondary mode. A 3-position twist selector on the tail cap allows choice of intermittent, constant-on, or locked. Programming or reprogramming the secondary mode is equally straightforward, and can be accomplished in a few seconds.
Pro Lights feature Cree XPG LEDs—among the brightest and whitest light sources available—driven by advanced electronics, and protected by a high-efficiency thermal management system.
Other features of the Pro light include a hardcoat-anodized body with spiral knurling, machined aluminum parabolic reflector, multi-position pocket clip, and more.
Like all ASP products, the new Pro lights are designed and tested in the US, to stringent ANSI performance standards, and covered by a lifetime warranty.
The Pro AA flashlight has an MSRP of $100.00 and includes two ASP high-performance batteries. The DF version ships with a rechargeable 18650 battery, charging adapters and other accessories, for $140. CR123A primary cells―which can be used in place of the rechargeable battery―are available separately.
For more information, or to find a distributor or dealer, visit their website.
About Armament Systems and Procedures:
“Protecting Those Who Protect”
ASP is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Batons, Restraints, LED Lighting, OC and Training products to the law enforcement industry. The company has stood for innovative designs, flawless function and an unmatched standard of service since Kevin Parsons, PhD, founded the company in 1976.
ASP holds more than 150 product patents and provides almost $2 million in free training each year to law enforcement professionals. ASP is ISO 9001:2008 Certified, ANSI FL1 compliant, and is a founding member of the Portable Lights American Trade Organization (PLATO). All products are designed in the United States.
ASP designs and manufactures products in several distinct, yet interrelated product categories:
- Expandable Batons: Our flagship product—so legendary and dominant in the field that a law enforcement officer is likely to refer to any baton simply with the word “asp”… though there is only one true, original ASP brand. And with over 60 different combinations of mechanism, size, materials and finish, there’s an ASP Baton for every officer, agency and mission.
- Restraints: With its entry into the handcuff business, ASP shook up a category of products that had gone generations without many innovations. Our handcuffs have raised the bar on street-smart features, speed, ease-of-use and safety, and set new benchmarks of quality and precision.
- Performance Lighting: From pocket-sized backup lights to full-featured tactical workhorses, each ASP flashlight is crafted to exacting standards, using the finest components money can buy. ASP lights are manufactured on our own assembly lines, not in mass-production “OEM” factories, ensuring that we consistently meet the high standards of precision and quality that our demanding customers expect from us.
- Power: We wanted batteries and charging accessories to match the performance of our lighting solutions… so we started making our own. ASP rechargeable and primary batteries are engineered for maximum run time, safety and reliability, yet at “everyday battery” prices.
- OC “Pepper Spray”: With their finely-finished, machined and knurled aluminum barrels, ASP’s OC Defenders look like high-end flashlights – not like typical, obvious pepper spray products.
- Training Tools: From our famous Red Guns, to purpose-designed handcuffs and batons and more, our gear reflects our heritage of world-class practical training, and our commitment to officer safety.
ASP also provides, at no cost, nearly $2MM a year in training to law enforcement officers. This training—sought after by agencies around the world—is the gold standard on the integrated use of batons, restraints and flashlights.
ASP spends a significant percentage of its revenues on research and development, design, prototyping, lab testing and field testing.
In order to make it to market and wear our brand, a product must reflect what we call “ASP DNA”:
- It must be an innovative solution to a real-world problem—meeting a clear need in a new way, or improving on an existing solution
- It must be demonstratively the best in its class.
- It must be unique, and whenever possible, patentable. In fact, ASP products are covered by some 150 patents.