U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) proudly announces it has signed three new members to its professional shooting team: Randi Rogers, Dave Olhasso and James McGinty. The addition of these talented shooters, led by Team Captain Doug Koenig, provides Team Ruger with an unstoppable foundation to compete at the highest levels within the shooting sports arena.
“We are thrilled to be signing Randi, Dave and James to Team Ruger,” said Chris Killoy, Ruger’s President and CEO. “Who better to show the world just how rugged and reliable our product lineup truly is than these proven competitors,” he concluded.
Team Ruger will make its national debut at the start of the 2018 shooting season, with shooters competing in various shooting events from IDPA, SASS, ICORE, NRA Bianchi Cup, Steel Challenge, USPSA and a number of other state and national competitions.
“I am excited to build the base of Team Ruger with a highly talented, diverse group of shooters like Randi, Dave and James,” said Doug Koenig, Team Ruger’s Captain. “These three will not only be successful, but will also demonstrate the quality and accuracy of Ruger firearms.”
The shooting sports are a part of all aspects of Randi’s life. She works as the Sales and Marketing Manager for holster manufacturer Comp-Tac Victory Gear. In her spare time, she can be found practicing at the range, writing for different outdoor publications and finding new ways to help men and women of all ages, backgrounds and experience levels enjoy the recreation and entertainment of target shooting. In the last 20 years, Randi has won over 63 World and National titles in action shooting competitions such as SASS, IDPA, IPSC, USPSA and 3-Gun. As an outdoor enthusiast, Randi also dabbles in hunting, fishing and spending time in the great outdoors.
“I have a deep family heritage in competitive shooting, and Ruger firearms have been a part of that from the start,” said Rogers. “I am proud and excited to be part of a brand that provides such a quality diverse product mix while competing in a variety of disciplines including SASS, IDPA, USPSA, 3-Gun and even PRS shooting.”
Randi’s most recent victories include:
- USPSA Space City Championship Carry Optics High Lady
- IDPA Gulf Coast Regional Championship High Lady
- Aiming for Zero Charity Match High Lady
- USPSA Double Tap Production Division High Lady
- USPSA Area 3 Championship High Lady Limited
- IPSC World Championship US Ladies Production Team Gold, Individual Bronze Lady Production
- IDPA Commonwealth Cup SSP Division Champion, High Lady
- IPSC US National Championship High Lady Production
- 8-Time IDPA Indoor Nationals High Lady
- Silver Dollar IDPA High Lady
- USPSA Area 6 Production Division High Lady
- TX State IDPA Championship High Lady
- IDPA Italian Cup High Lady
- USPSA Area 4 High Lady Limited
- IDPA MS State High Lady
- USPSA Area 8 High Lady Limited
- USPSA TX State High Lady Limited
2018 marks Dave’s 20th year as a competitive shooter. During the past two decades, he has racked up many titles in multiple shooting sports divisions including USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, ICORE and 3-Gun. Dave has proven himself as a capable winner across many disciplines using a wide variety of firearms platforms.
“I am very pleased to be part of a brand that is known for its reliability and extensive catalog of rugged firearms,” said Olhasso.
Dave’s National and World shooting titles include:
- 3-Time International Revolver Championship (IRC) Limited Division Champion
- 7-Time IDPA CDP National Champion
- 2015 USPSA Revolver Nationals Champion
- 3-Time World Speed Shooting Champion – Iron Sight Revolver
- World Speed Shooting Champion – Open Revolver
- 5-Time US National Speed Shooting Champion – Open Revolver
- 4-Time US National Speed Shooting Champion – Iron Sight Revolver
- US National Speed Shooting Champion – IDPA ESP
- IPSC World Shoot Production Team Gold Medal Winner
- IPSC World Shoot Revolver Team Gold Medal Winner
- 50+ State and Regional Match Titles
Other noteworthy accomplishments from Dave include being the first athlete to capture the IDPA CDP National Championship with a polymer gun and the first-ever USPSA Production Division Grand Master.
James began shooting local competitions with his father when he was just eight years old. At the age of 12 he started competing in IDPA matches and by age 15, he had become a master in the Enhanced Service Pistol (ESP) division. In 2008, James qualified for the IPSC World Shoot Junior Open Team where Team USA won gold. In 2009, he captured the IDPA World Championship title in the ESP division. Most recently, James has been competing in Steel Challenge, ICORE, 3-Gun, IDPA and USPSA, finishing in the top tier of his divisions.
“I am thrilled to represent such a great company that makes some of the most reliable firearms in the industry,” said McGinty.
McGinty’s most recent wins include:
- International Revolver Championship Limited 6 Division
- East Coast Regional Revolver Championship Limited 6 Division
- Steel Challenge 2nd Limited, 8th Open, 6th Open Rimfire Pistol
- USPSA Mid-Atlantic Sectional Limited Division
- NJ State Steel Challenge 1st Limited, 2nd Open
- USPSA Revolver Nationals 3rd Overall
- USPSA Single Stack Nationals 12th Overall, 3rd Master
To learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or
Facebook.com/Ruger. To find accessories for Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com or your local independent retailer of Ruger firearms.
About Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. As a full-line manufacturer of American-made firearms, Ruger offers consumers over 400 variations of more than 30 product lines. For more than 60 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, “Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens,” echoes the importance of these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.