Marion P. Hammer is Re-Elected to 2019 NRA Board of Directors

Marion P. Hammer is Re-Elected to 2019 NRA Board of Directors

Tallahassee, FL – -(AmmoLand.com)- Every year the National Rifle Association of America each year conducts elections to select our Board of Directors. As we approach the 148th NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits in Indianapolis, Indiana where one of this years NRA Board of Director meetings will be held we have received news that Florida’s Marion P. Hammer has been re-elected to another three years as an NRA-BOD.

“I am proud and humbled to have been re-elected to the NRA Board of Directors for another 3-year term. I can’t express enough thanks to those of you who have honored me with your votes. Your confidence in me is deeply appreciated and I look forward to continuing to work for you.” ~ Marion P. Hammer

Marion P. Hammer has been the National Rifle Association’s lobbyist in Tallahassee for more than 30 years.

She was the NRA’s president from 1995 to 1998, is a member of the NRA’s Executive Council and has been executive director of the Unified Sportsman of Florida, an affiliate of the NRA, since 1978.

Hammer was inducted into the Florida Women’s Hall of Fame in 2005. That same year, she successfully lobbied for passage of the “stand your ground” law, calling the proposal the NRA’s top priority of the year. Since then, 24 other states have joined Florida in permitting the use of deadly force when a person thinks their life is threatened.

Editors Note: AmmoLand News has provided extensive coverage of NRA-BOD elections and we can report that the current Boad of Directors read your comments and are influenced by them. Thank you to our readers for keeping the dialog on going.

Ben

Thomas J
Thomas J
Reply to  Wild Bill

Dissenter.com

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy

Much as the Fascist Taliban of the Left does,if they don’t like,agree or it fits their agenda with the speech,just ban it.

Robert
Robert

The NRA does not represent gun owners. It represents the seven-figure salaries of its top brass, and their political influence on the Hill.

Chuck
Chuck

Too bad, so sad … another loss for the good guys … the NRA board protects the NRA board, any benefits to the membership are coincidental … oh well, perhaps some good for the membership will accidentally dribble from the NRA … one can hope …

JPM
JPM

NRA; same old same old. The compromising “Old Guard” once again (still) maintains control and will continue to reap millions in personal profits and benefits while begging for more money and failing to defend the 2nd Amendment 100%.

Jim Burgess
Jim Burgess

Marion Hammer approves of the NFA restriction on machine guns and supports the Hughes Amendment. Also, She believes that bump stock = machine gun and fully supported making them go away. She’s not a friend of the Second Amendment and needs to step down.

Ton E
Ton E

So Adam Kraut didn’t make it again……call me shocked…..

John Allen
John Allen

It would be nice to see a complete list of who were elected. As the NRA usually doesnt post this info.

Keith Langer
Keith Langer
Reply to  John Allen

Agreed.

The NRA should post the results. It’s called “transparency” – what a concept.

Mack The Knife
Mack The Knife
Reply to  Keith Langer

You all are idiots. Try going to the NRA web site where all of your questions and ignorant rhetoric is answered.
Why are so many of you so uninformed. Are you stupid or just extremely lazy?

Eighty
Eighty

What a joke. A woman who is more interested in her cats than attending NRA meetings.
I thought it important to at least have my name on the NRA roster, adding to the power of membership numbers. They continue to fail us. I’m glad I have not had the financial ability to afford a lifetime membership, even though I have been an annual member since 1979. I will not renew my membership next year. It appears my vote truly means nothing. I will instead double my donations to GOA.

Anthony MiamiBeach
Anthony MiamiBeach

Happy to hear this good news. We need people like MH to fight for our rights. She is good for Florida and good for the NRA…

Dubi Loo
Dubi Loo

Its Past time for the NRA to WAKE UP and start serving its dues paying members, NOT the politicians they have cocktails with. So even though I’m a life member, ALL of my contributions go to other more effective organizations.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy

In case Negotiating Rights Away is wondering why they are tanking membership numbers Wayne,Chris and Marrion the Hammer are prime reasons why.

john
john

It is a real fact and a little NRA secret–of the 3million eligible to vote, only about 65,000 do and many are simply repeaters who vote the same every election.

Nanashi
Nanashi

I’m increasingly convinced the election is rigged. It’s from a low transparency organization that openly works against its stated goals.

Will Flatt
Will Flatt
Reply to  Nanashi

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s rigged. Seriously. But I wonder if there’s also a great number of fudds who don’t research gun issues and who vote for the people the NRA TELLS THEM TO VOTE FOR.

Keith Langer
Keith Langer
Reply to  Will Flatt

Possible, but let me offer two observations:

1. When you hear hoofbeats, think horses; not zebras.

2. Do not ascribe to malice what can be explained by stupidity.

The NRA endorses The Chosen, and the vast majority of those who actually vote, do so accordingly.

Dave in Fairfax
Dave in Fairfax (@grammar)
Reply to  Nanashi

That quote is one of my sig lines.