Building A Protest Rifle With KAE Custom Coatings

Building A Protest Rifle With KAE Custom Coatings
Building A Protest Rifle With KAE Custom Coatings

U.S.A.-(Ammoland.com)- As Antifa holds territory in the Pacific Northwest and tries to take over parts of the Nation’s Capital, the ATF points to the so-called “Boogaloo” movement as the greatest threat to our country.

They sent out letters to police departments about being cautious around people wearing Hawaiian shirts. The bulletin read that these citizens wearing the flowery shirts might hold “extreme Second Amendment beliefs,” and are probably well-armed. They warn that these people are not patriots, but they are a real danger to bring down the Republic.

I have been to multiple 2A rallies. I was at Lobby Day in Richmond this past January. I was at the “For Love of Country” rally in February. I attended the 2A Rally on the grounds of the US Capitol in November. Citizens of all walks of life participated in those events with “Big Igloo” flags, Hawaiian shirts, and leis. What I found there were caring American patriots worried about an overreaching government trying to strip them of their rights. These aren’t the people that we should be concerned about when it comes to violence. Hell, most of them have the background check to prove they aren’t dangerous.

Boogaloo Magazine

So, what should I, an admitted 2A extremist, do to combat this false narrative? Through my work at AmmoLand, my podcast, Gun Owners of America, and my lawsuits against state governments, I already have a pretty big target on my back. So why not poke the bear a little bit more?

Poking the bear by wearing a Hawaiian shirt didn’t seem “extreme” enough for a 2A extremist. That is what they called us, right? I wanted to live up to their delightful description of us. They did say we were well-armed, and I have armed myself with scary black rifles. Maybe if the gun were a little more flowery like our shirts, the ATF wouldn’t be so afraid of us and would concentrate on the real threat to our democracy. KAE Custom Coatings had an idea of how to do this, and I loved it!

I teamed up KAE Custom Coatings to produce what I call my “protest rifle.” I supplied a rifle that means a lot to me to KAE. It was a Zombie Defense AR-15. Zombie Defense was a company in my home Commonwealth of Virginia. I chose this rifle because it has an A2 stock and an outline of my state on the mag well. The A2 Stock would give KAE Custom Coating a sizable canvas to work their magic.

Plus, there are some personal reasons for my decision to use this firearm. I would never sell this rifle. I ordered it on the day my oldest son was born, and I was able to get his birthdate as part of the serial number. It might be sappy, but that is why I call it “Mighty Matt.”

Zombie Defense went out of business a while ago. In fact, this rifle is over six years old. I have put over 10,000 rounds down the pipe with only a couple of minor stoppages. That was another reason I picked this AR-15 for the project.

It is not like it is going to be my go-to rifle for self-defense. To be clear, this is a protest rifle. This gun is just to poke the bear. You can even call it a troll. I think the ATF’s thinking about the Boogaloo movement is ridiculous. I also believe that groups that push an anti-freedom objective like Mom’s Demand Action are pathetic. They demonize the modern musket (AR15), so why not poke at them as well.

The design KAE came up with was their “Boogaloo” pattern just happens to match my Hawaiian shirt. I didn’t buy my shirt because of the Boogaloo movement, but it sure did come in handy. I packed the rifle up and shipped it off to KAE to do its part.

Building A Protest Rifle With KAE Custom Coatings
Building A Protest Rifle With KAE Custom Coatings

During a Pandemic, I figured it would take a while to get the rifle back, but I surprised it only took them a couple of weeks to get it back to me. KAE made a multiple color CeraKote pattern on the rifle. The company is a genuinely no-compromise 2A supporting outfit.

When I saw the pattern on the rifle, KAE blew me away with their work. My black gun wasn’t a scary black gun anymore. It now self-identifies as an instrument of love and peace.

I looked for imperfections, and it was hard to find a sport where the Cerakote wasn’t perfect. Around the magazine release button, there was a little spot that was scratched, but that could because of the rubbing of the button. Other than that, the flowers on the rifle blended perfectly together. I have seen some other companies have produced similar patterns, but the lack of blending makes the firearm look a little off.

KAE’s design just works visually. It looks like a Hawaiian shirt. Everything is uniformed, and more than that, it just flows. I can’t imagine the amount of time that went into getting this rifle ready for primetime. There is a craftmanship that can’t be taught, and I can tell they have it.

I did send the complete assembled rifle to KAE. Unbeknownst to them, there was a reason I didn’t break down the parts. I wanted to see if the gun would still work after they broke it down and put it back together. I had an experience in the past where I shipped out an AR15 to get Cerakoted, and when I got it back, it looked great, but it wouldn’t cycle. It turned out that the gunsmiths with that company put it back together wrong. I am not going to name the company because they are now out of business, and it wasn’t for a review.

Needless to say, KAE put the rifle back together and worked just like it did before I shipped it off to them. KAE did provide me with a little surprise to go along with the rifle. In the box was a Boogaloo themed Magpul magazine. The company’s artist decorated it with flowers from a lei, and KAE wrote the words “Boogaloo” on the bottom. Fantastic!

This gun will be the rifle I will carry with me to rallies and protest. Yes, it will be a prop to start conversations, and yes, it will be loaded. Why carry an unloaded rifle?

The only person who gets to carry an unloaded rifle to a rally is the man whom I got the idea about a protest rifle. A friend of mine, Stephen Willeford, engaged the Sutherland Springs murderer with his AR-15. Stephen brings the AR he used to defend his community complete with evidence tags attached (that is why it is unloaded) to places he speaks.

Since the lockdown, I haven’t had a chance to break it out at any rallies, but there is one happening in Richmond on July 4th, and I will be there with “Mighty Matt” in tow! We will see if the average citizen will be less frightened of a “2A Extremist” and will be willing to talk.

Check out KAE Custom Coatings at https://www.kaecustomcoatings.com/

About John CrumpJohn Crump

John is an NRA instructor and a constitutional activist. He is the former CEO of Veritas Firearms, LLC and is the co-host of The Patriot News Podcast which can be found at www.blogtalkradio.com/patriotnews. John has written extensively on the patriot movement including 3%'ers, Oath Keepers, and Militias. In addition to the Patriot movement, John has written about firearms, interviewed people from all walks of life, and on the Constitution. John lives in Northern Virginia with his wife and sons and is currently working on a book on the history of the patriot movement and can be followed on Twitter at @crumpyss, on Facebook at RealJohnCrump, or at www.crumpy.com.

PMinFl
PMinFl
14 days ago

They still won’t talk with you in a serious give and take.

15 days ago

“Government officials are the real “violent extremists” ” Firearms Policy Coalition

In other words gov sucks it’s own cock, and are the first ones to throw the constitution in the trash with their authority and credibility then tell us how perfect they are because they have a tin star that scares sheep into submission. I could bent that star into a really nice fishing lure with my leatherman in under 60 seconds.

Last edited 15 days ago by USA
USMC0351Grunt
USMC0351Grunt
15 days ago

NUFF SAID.

Screenshot_2019-06-19-04-07-48-1.png
16 days ago

Steaming pile of bull shit link.

Last edited 16 days ago by USA
16 days ago

https://twitter.com/LisaMei62/status/1276743091802779648 “Although these extremists profess a variety of ideologies, they are united in their opposition to the core constitutional values of a democratic society governed by law.” Marbury v Madison “that a law repugnant to the constitution is void, and that courts, as well as other departments, are bound by that instrument.” Lane v US proves the government is still trying to bully it’s way illegally upon states rights issues thus stealing powers reserved by constitutional proclamation explicitly reserved to We The People and to the states respectively which is clearly the example referenced above, “opposition to the core… Read more »

Last edited 16 days ago by USA
Scotty Gunn
Scotty Gunn
16 days ago

Hell, most of them have the background check to prove they aren’t dangerous.
A background check shows that I am not a criminal. I still can be dangerous…mess with my family and watch what happens…

USMC0351Grunt
USMC0351Grunt
15 days ago
Reply to  Scotty Gunn

Or UPIN number to prove the NICS background check system is a fraud and a failure. Then again only IF you have the backbone to stand your ground and fight against the dumbasses in the CJIS?

gcm
gcm
16 days ago

Im not one to judge, but i think you have presented that to the wrong crowd, i think it is more suited for that lgbtabc123 crowd, or whatever they call themselves these days, but honestly i would rather carry a stick than to carry that thing in public. Sorry John, nothing personal.

GUNFUN
GUNFUN
Reply to  gcm

Its LGBTQUIA+ btw. Sorry, I’m in college.

Reply to  GUNFUN

GF) We refer to them as trannies here, sorry John, nothing personal but all ya need now is the Unicorn.

Knute
Knute
Reply to  USA

USA: Not only in Colorado, but in Los Angeles too!
OFC, she died during yet another facelift a couple of days after announcing this on the Communist News Network….. What a co-incidence, huh? 🙂

Reply to  Knute

Knute) Last time I was at the store a guy was walking around in a dress, the only thing he was missing was Johns gun and Unicorn.

USMC0351Grunt
USMC0351Grunt
15 days ago
Reply to  GUNFUN

Quick! Get out while you can and go.to.a Tech School!

GUNFUN
GUNFUN
14 days ago
Reply to  USMC0351Grunt

Not a bad idea, but I want to become a politician and the best way there is as a lawyer.

GUNFUN
GUNFUN
16 days ago

Not the best looking, but if you have a gun to spare to do this with, why not?

uncle dudley
uncle dudley
16 days ago

If the ATF sent out letters to police departments about this group that wear Hawaiian shirts wouldn’t that be considered profiling which the government is against or is it just racial profiling they are against?

Grigori
Grigori
Reply to  uncle dudley

Profiling is 100% acceptable so long as it is white people who are being profiled.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
Reply to  uncle dudley

Meanwhile just ignore the Marxist anarchoists,looting burning America.

15 days ago
Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy
Last edited 15 days ago by USA
JIAZ
JIAZ
16 days ago

The Democratic-Socialist Party doesn’t want a solution to Antifa because they are Antifa.

The boogaloo cerakote finish is Magnum PI approved.

magnumpi.jpg
Oldvet
Oldvet
Reply to  JIAZ

Well that cinches it it is lgbtqxyz for sure .
hope you and him are happy .

Oldvet
Oldvet
Reply to  Oldvet

JIAZ not you

Knute
Knute
Reply to  JIAZ

Wrong image. This was the star of the show:
comment image

Knute
Knute
Reply to  JIAZ

Or perhaps it was the Hughes 500
Or maybe both?:
comment image

MikeRoss
MikeRoss
16 days ago

It’s amazing how seriously people are taking a joke. ‘Boogaloo’ refers to a unnecessary and bad sequel. When it’s used to refer to a civil war, it’s saying a second civil war would be an unnecessary and bad repeat of the first. Hawaiian shirts and tactical gear? Come on, lighten up, it’s meant to be fun. There are always a few people in every group who are using the group for cover while they pursue their own agenda. Go after them, don’t condemn everyone. It’s also alarming that anyone who is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment is labeled… Read more »

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
Reply to  MikeRoss

Which reminds me of something Liberty Doll had to say on the subject recently.

The “Boogaloo” Smear Campaign | Censorship and Propaganda

watch

MikeRoss
MikeRoss
15 days ago
Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

Good vid!

Bobtail
Bobtail
16 days ago

“Hell, most of them have the background check to prove they aren’t dangerous.”
The only thing background checks prove is a lack of criminal history.
The big question is how long until being associated with boogaloo disqualifies you during the background check?

Reply to  Bobtail

Could be any day since gov takes 2A rights from drunk drivers and people who incorrectly fill out forms. Cases I read the gov says drunk drivers escalate their conduct to the level of violent crime and when a drunk driver crashes into other people it is an act of war therefore can not be trusted with arms and those who fill out forms incorrectly can not be trusted to tell the truth therefore before they escalate lying to the level of violent crime they must be disarmed. Others get rights stolen for petty possession of a controlled substance of… Read more »

Last edited 16 days ago by USA
GUNFUN
GUNFUN
Reply to  USA

Extreme constitutionalist. I like that! I might put that on my rifle.

Knute
Knute
Reply to  USA
QUOTE:
It is not worth to say anything about how long a time they will be kept waiting for this return of their liberties ....

END QUOTE
-Protocols of the elders men of zion, Protocol 11, sentence 6

Reply to  Knute

Knute) Speaking of Freemason Illuminati Zionist Jews, Milo (who is factually one) has been attracted by Johns new look and is coming out (for his second coming) but you and I both know they hide in plain sight.

Note that one of Milo’s tie’s matches Johns new look.

Last edited 16 days ago by USA
Reply to  USA

Boogaloo

And note those little white flowers specifically symbolic to the occult. Everything has meaning.
And, what does the Georgia Guide Stones say about nature?

Last edited 16 days ago by USA
Bill
Bill
16 days ago

The Boogaloo group is serious and destructive. Like Antifa, they want to disrupt America with destruction and violence!

We really do not need to be identified with them!!

They join 2A rally’s to bring discredit the us all!

Scotty Gunn
Scotty Gunn
Reply to  Bill

“Boogaloo” group is Antifa. Creating an enemy , based on the ATF letter, to vilify and blame. Distracting the blame away from them.

Matt in Oklahoma
Matt in Oklahoma
16 days ago

So carry a clown rifle so no one takes you seriously

16 days ago

Yep, and these shoes………………

Last edited 16 days ago by USA
Reply to  USA

and mask………………………………………..

Reply to  USA

Then off to meet the Wizard.

Last edited 16 days ago by USA
17 days ago

FOX is reporting Barr just created a task force to investigate Boogaloo and I read about a week ago in MSN that a cop killer in Cali got labeled as Boogaloo then about 3 days ago there was a report circulating from “The Kremlin” that Boogaloo is “protected by FBI”, make of it all what you will but remember the cabal globalist labeled the founders as extremists and even the Supreme Court has ruled that gun control is essentially un-constitutional so if the plain English text of 2A is considered extreme by those enforcing extreme un-constitutional rules I think this… Read more »

Grigori
Grigori
17 days ago

Nice work! LE is doing its best to paint anything Boogaloo as White Supremacist extremist, especially if it helps them kowtow to Black Lies Matter. Hang in there and keep up the good wprk.

17 days ago
Reply to  Grigori

“Hang in there” is now considered a racist threat by FBISIS therefore use with caution.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
17 days ago

Luv the Boog look camo.

17 days ago
Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

You’d not win any awards around here with that stuff and likely would attract lot’s of fly’s and mosquitoes.

Finnky
Finnky
Reply to  USA

@USA – It is a tool. I suspect your tool are for practical purposes. Authors stated uses for this rifle is for political protests and as art for his own enjoyment. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this rifle only has to please John Crump. You may note that he has prioritized function along with appearance – I approve that message.

Think of it as a rifle for a “city mouse” while you are a “country mouse”. Different tastes and needs.

Reply to  Finnky

Finnky) Gonna need a can of Deet to use that stuff around here.

StreetSweeper
StreetSweeper
17 days ago

Oh, that is BEAUTIFUL! I don’t say this too often but, “I am jealous!”