Hank Strange on Compromise & Surrender Within the “Pro” 2A Community ~ VIDEO

Editor Note: Second Amendment rights activist and Podcaster, Hank Strange, pulls no punches in his response to a recent OP-ED titled “Ending the Culture War & Starting a Productive Conversation” that recently appeared on AmmoLand News that called for gun owners to settle for compromise and work with the anti-gun side.

U.S.A. –  My first reaction to this Op-Ed on Facebook earlier today, Monday, March 29th, 2021.

After talking it over with my peers and going over the text from the article yet another time, I’ve come to this conclusion about the Opinion that Rob Pincus recently published in Ammoland News:

No I’m not still mad at AmmoLand News for publishing it, because there is merit to the idea that: we all now know what Rob thinks of all us in the [Second Amendment] Community.

I just wish AmmoLand News would have given someone a chance to counter this opinion before it was published. And Yeah I still believe it’s a nonsense-filled double-speak Job-pitch to the current White House.

Perhaps a misguided attempt to sit on some committee for the next 10 years and get paid to pretend “to cut the number of gun deaths in the U.S. in half in 10 years by keeping guns out of the wrong hands” you know by “keeping all guns from certain people (the people almost everyone already agrees should not have them).”

Those words are repeated so much in this rambling manifesto it’s disturbing. Who are these “certain people” and when did we agree they shouldn’t have guns? The worst part is the assertion that we can “substantially reduce gun homicides in urban communities by cracking down on a small number of gun dealers that are clearly bad actors.”

If these FFL’s are bad actors why hasn’t the ATF locked them up? Maybe Rob hasn’t filled the ATF in on this “Urban” menace yet? I could chalk that up to the ramblings of a madman, however a madman in a suit that the industry and media tend to give voice and credibility to is not a comforting notion to me.

About Hank Strange

Hank Strange is an Enthusiastic Supporter of The Second Amendment, An Avid Filmmaker, Writer, Blogger, Music Producer, and Digital Artist: Hank is a Prolific YouTube Content Creator having Published over 1000 Videos to date relating to Lifestyle in the realms of Firearms, Cars, and Technology. A Proud American Citizen Since 2003 Hank was born of Mixed Race Parentage (his Father having African Ancestry and his Mother being of East Indian Ancestry amongst others) in Guyana, South America. He has traveled to a few places in the world with his Family living in London, England, and Nigeria in West Africa before settling in NYC.

Hank & His Wife Lola are both Federal Firearms Licensees and currently live and work in Florida. Passionately Pursuing The Lifestyles Of The Locked And Loaded! Tune in to the daily Gun Culture News “Podshow” Who Moved my Freedom Podcast (WMMF) on the LIfestyles of the Locked and Loaded youtube channel. Hank’s work can also be seen on www.youtube.com/user/hankstrange/featured, Facebook www.facebook.com/hank.strange.77, Instagram instagram.com/hankstrange, his Personal Blog hankstrange.com, and other Social Media.

Hank Strange Headshot

StLPro2A
StLPro2A
6 months ago

Pincus jumped off the cliff with the other Lefty Lemmings. RIP, Rob…..

Red Falcon 1325
Red Falcon 1325
6 months ago

The 1A has been significantly eroded recently by the anti-American left, and they’re working hard to nullify others. The left only accepts submission, not compromise. There must be absolutely no further concessions when it comes to upholding the 2A or any other constitutional right. The Bill of Rights is not called the Bill of Rationed Privileges for a reason.

6 months ago

John Crump, I appreciate the work you did to try and get Pincus to clarify is comments, but Pincus wandered all over the place. Rob Pincus, Currently many states have no requirement for background checks other than purchases from FFLs. You wrote this: “Fortunately, the policy area with the most synergistic message is also the one that represents what we believe is the greatest potential for impact: Expanded Background Checks. We believe any expansion of the Background Check requirement should be focused on transfers to strangers.” What “enhanced background checks” do you want at the federal level? Please be extremely specific… Read more »

6 months ago

Now Pincus is advocating for more special rights to government employees. That is a horrible idea.

Posted link is on hold.

6 months ago

In Crump’s follow-up interview of Pincus, Pincus advocates for granting more special rights to government employees. That is a horrible idea.

Ram
Ram
6 months ago

“Productive Conversation” or PC.
PC or Pro – Communist (the motivation for gun control).
SOME people, even some manufacturers, would gladly walk away
from issues 2A, if money and favor can be found elsewhere.

Stag
Stag
Reply to  Ram

Hell, I’ve seen them actually do it. Bill Ruger advocated for arms control. Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms dropped their opposition to arms control when they were promised and exemption.

Reply to  Stag

Daniel Defense also.

Stag
Stag
Reply to  JSNMGC

Really? I guess I missed that one or don’t remember it. What did they do?

Stag
Stag
Reply to  JSNMGC

Yeah, I don’t remember seeing that. It’s a shame I’ll have to add a company that makes such good products to my list of companies to not do business with.

Reply to  Stag

Probably had the best of intentions, but completely naive as to who decides whether people are mentally ill and what criteria will be used. NSSF and NRA right in there with their support as well.

Get Out
Get Out
6 months ago

No more compromise on anything gun control related. If these anti-gun buffoons spent more energy severely punishing the criminals and murderers who use a gun in the commission of their crime instead of always pushing more gun control onto law abiding citizens

Last edited 6 months ago by Get Out
Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
6 months ago

No discussions,No more capitulation,Not One More Inch and No Rob Pincus.

Jeffersonian
Jeffersonian
6 months ago

This is the kind of thing I come here to read.

Rob
Rob
6 months ago

Absolutely no more compromises. Pincus is just another prick trying to work an angle to profit from. Fck that guy! Time for war! We see that Amerika is burning. It’s crumbling before our eyes. Time to seize the moment and take advantage! Our enemies, the politicians, will further enslave the masses if we do nothing. We are out of options. FIGHT OR SHUT THE FCK UP!!!!

KLJamisonLaw
KLJamisonLaw
6 months ago

Gun owners have compromised on every gun restriction in the last 100 years. From the Pistol and Revolver Act of 1922 to the bump stock ban, we compromised. What did we get? Demands for more of our rights. Before the usual suspects want to pass another restriction they must tell use three things. 1. What right will they never take away. 2 If someone else tries to take that remnant right away will they stand with us and defend it. 3. And most importantly, why should we believe them?

ShooterOne
ShooterOne
Reply to  KLJamisonLaw

No!!!!! Never give up a right and most importantly TAKE BACK THE RIGHTS WE HAVE ALREADY GIVEN UP.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall NOT be infringed.”

THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITS SPECIFIED THERE!!!

swmft
swmft
6 months ago

the bad actors are street dealers not ffls yet they dont go after them, political connections, gangs same shit they take a few here and there look how many obummer let out so things got worse for trump they want to take guns so they can tell you what to do how and when enslave

6 months ago

I watched the whole podcast. Hank’s views are the same as many firearm owners – no more gun control. Various groups of government employees get together and voice their opinions on all sorts of public policy issues. It’s beyond time they start speaking like Hank.

JoeUSooner
JoeUSooner
Reply to  JSNMGC

For more than 25 years now, I’ve spoken fluent “Hank,” and will continue to do so!

Reply to  JoeUSooner

Now let’s see state associations of Sheriffs, City Police, and State Police do something similar – officially and publicly.

Stag
Stag
6 months ago

It’s nice to see people like Hank who actually support the 2A. Butters and Fudds like Pincus are a cancer that eats away at our rights from the inside.

Dave in Fairfax
Dave in Fairfax
6 months ago

Hank, Speaking as Dave, not for AmmoLand. Mr Pincus has never responded to any e-mail that I’ve sent him suggesting that he respond to the commenters. Many of the other writers do and I, personally, think that it’s a great thing. Discussion is the only way that people get to understand what is really on your mind, I think everybody has run into the situation where what they wrote was totally misunderstood. It’s hard to read expressions over the Net. You wrote: “I just wish AmmoLand News would have given someone a chance to counter this opinion before it was… Read more »

Finnky
Finnky
6 months ago

– Thank you for that clear statement.

I’d like to add that the vociferation Rob received in the comment section should suffice. The majority of commenters responded with brief but well considered arguments, passing on vitriol in favor of considered and logical reasoning.

Regardless of AmmoLand’s position on the second, it is quite clear where AmmoLand readers stand. I feel honored to count myself one of them.

Not A. Potato
Not A. Potato
6 months ago

A disclaimer or editor’s note at the beginning that the views expressed in the article do not represent those of Ammoland would have saved a lot of grief. I have never heard of Mr Pincus before reading his articles on Ammoland, no disclaimer was anywhere, therefore I assumed he spoke for Ammoland. At least for me, this is where the confusion is coming from; I have no issue with opposing viewpoints and disagreements, its healthy and is what keeps things from turning into an echo chamber. However; I have issue with waking up one morning and seeing what looks to… Read more »

Dave in Fairfax
Dave in Fairfax
Reply to  Not A. Potato

NAP, I apologize for not realizing what I thought was common knowledge. I saw that you’d been here since July of last year, even if you rarely post, so I thought that you were up to speed on how things work. The articles that you read are written by people who have a desire to state their views, almost exclusively. When WE publish an article it is clearly marked as from us. If you, for example had a statement to make on a pertinent subject you could write it up and submit it. That wouldn’t make you an employee of… Read more »

Last edited 6 months ago by Dave in Fairfax
Arny
Arny
6 months ago

And the new readers ? Would they know ? It could possibly help.

Last edited 6 months ago by Arny
Roland T. Gunner
Roland T. Gunner
6 months ago

Thank you Hank. I am a thinker, not a speaker; and you said it all for me.

JIAZ
JIAZ

Rob Pincus = FlimFlam Man
One who deals in deceptive nonsense for self enrichment and personal gain.

Pincus’ magic-focus nonsense sells very well, but only to the uneducated and uninformed. Wherever there’s a current dollar to be made, that’s the side you’ll find Pincus on.

Carbuilder
Carbuilder
6 months ago

If you want meaningful legislation that will actually do something, BIDS back ground checks need to be widely promoted by the 2nd amendment community. It is the ONLY solution that does what gun grabbers “say” they want, and what will actually work. Unfortunately, they’ll never do it because it won’t create their registry they so desperately want.

Roland T. Gunner
Roland T. Gunner
Reply to  Carbuilder

NO background checks need to be widely promoted. If a citizen is no longer incarcerated, meaning his debt to society has been paid, then he should enjoy all rights and priveleges enjoyed by any other citizen.

Hazcat
Hazcat
6 months ago

Hank, I have been wondering what y’all saw in Pincus for years. I ran across him at the DownRange.TV forum long time ago ago and called out his BS back then. I knew right off he was a grifter and only out for himself. What exactly are his credentials? He was a cop in a small town for a short time and took classes from others. Somehow that made him a ‘go to’ ‘expert’? As for AmmoLand I am glad they publish articles like his. It is not an endorsement by AmmoLand, they are just allowing the trash to out… Read more »

Sisu
Sisu
Reply to  Hazcat

“Grifter”, that is fitting. He all about the “self-staging”. And, now perhaps others will be more critical of other “self-anointed, experts”.