FERNANDINA BEACH, FL. –-(Ammoland.com)- Southwick Associates has announced 2014 top selling brands for many hunting and shooting product categories.
Several sources were used to compile this list, including Southwick Associates' HunterSurvey.com and ShooterSurvey.com panels, household surveys conducted in late 2014 and other proprietary research by Southwick Associates.
In 2014, most frequently purchased brands included:
- Top handgun brand: Smith & Wesson
- Top traditional rifle brand: Remington / Ruger (Sturm, Ruger)
- Top rifle ammunition brand: ATK
- Top handgun ammunition brand: ATK
- Top boots brand: Cabelas
- Top scopes: Bushnell
- Top binoculars brand: Bushnell
- Top game feeder brand: Moultrie
- Top trail camera brand: Moultrie
- Top tree stand brand: Big Game
- Top muzzleloader: Thompson Center / CVA
- Top crossbow: Barnett
- Top shotgun ammunition brand: Winchester
- Top blackpowder brand: Pyrodex
- Top arrow brand: Easton / Carbon Express
- Top broadhead brand: Rage
- Top bow case brand: Plano
- Top archery sight brand: Trophy Ridge
- Top game call brand: Primos
- Top reloading bullet brand: Hornady
- Top reloading primer brand: CCI
- Top reloading powder brand: Hodgdon / IMR
- Top GPS device brand: Garmin
- Top knife brand: Buck
- Top holster/ammo belt brand: Blackhawk
- Top choke tube brand: Carlson
Information for many other product categories is available from Southwick Associates. Additional details available include total consumer spending by category, breakouts for caliber and gauge, type of retailer, average retail prices, customer demographics, and more. We also help companies design products preferred by customers (versus in-house engineers), identify better price points, learn where the competition is doing better, and other custom research insights.
To purchase a report or subscription to Southwick Associates' reports, or learn more about custom research opportunities, contact John DePalma or visit our website.
About Southwick Associates: Southwick Associates is a market research and economics firm specializing in the hunting, shooting, sportfishing, and outdoor recreation markets. Celebrating 25 years in 2015, Southwick Associates has a distinguished reputation for delivering comprehensive insights and statistics to support strategic decision making across the entire outdoor industry. Aside from custom market and economic data, Southwick provides custom and syndicated research including customer-driven new product development, outdoor media consumption insights, and equipment purchase tracking studies. Visit www.southwickassociates.com for more information.