Milford, NH –-(Ammoland.com)- I’ll be blunt, we NEED you in Concord on September 16. 2015
That is the date that that New Hampshire Legislature will attempt to override the Governor’s veto of SB116, Constitutional Carry.
There will be several things happening on September 16, here’s the list:
- 10:00am to 12:45pm – Outside the Statehouse, between the State House and the Legislative Office Building, gather showing support of a veto override as legislators arrive. This is the best time to meet with your State Representatives and Senators in person.
- 1:00pm – INSIDE FILL both the Senate and House galleries in the Legislative building
Plan your visit. To help you, we have a parking map showing the streets and the parking limit times: Please click here to see a map with parking locations. The State House is the crosshair.
We need all hands on deck, and the largest possible turnout to support this veto override. One anonymous group created a website that has details about this bill and the veto override session.
Since Constitutional Carry became law in Maine, we are in between two Constitutional Carry States. We must work to make Northern New England an undivided “Constitutional Carry Zone”!
You can see the roll call votes for SB 116 by going here. If your Senator or Representative voted for SB 116 please thank them and politely request that they vote to override the Governor’s veto. If they voted no please call them an persuade them that you are expecting them to undo their dastardly deeds and vote to override the Governor’s veto.
Important talking points on SB 116:
- 1) We are at this juncture because of several poorly-worded State Supreme court decisions.
- 2) The facts are that anyone who is lawfully allowed to own a firearm should be allowed to carry a concealed firearm.
- 3) SB 116 provides for concealed carry without requiring a license, just like Vermont has done for over 200 years. This year Maine became the sixth “Constitutional Carry” State. New Hampshire is now located between 2 states that respect the rights of law abiding citizens.
- 4) SB 116 leaves our license law in place for purposes of reciprocity with about 20 other states,and it corrects some of the language in our laws to erase the damage done by judicial overreach.
- 5) SB 116 will, after the remove of some 92 years, reverse the racist history of New Hampshire’s firearms laws. For more on this click here. And also here.
- 6) The current law makes someone without a government issued license, a criminal for wearing a jacket over an openly carried firearm and this law needs to be repealed and SB116 does that.
Please click here to find your State Senators and Representatives and their contact information.
Thanks for your support.
Scott A. Krauss
Vice President – NHFCP.S. The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is working tirelessly to keep gun owners like you up-to-date on as many gun issues as possible — please consider contributing to the effort by chipping in $15 or $20.
About New Hampshire Firearms Coalition:
The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is New Hampshire’s only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization. While many so-called “gun rights groups” work to curry favor with politicians and the media, NHFC is working aggressively to hold politicians accountable and to put a stop to gun control. Visit: www.nhfc-ontarget.org