Saint Paul, MN -(AmmoLand.com)- The committee deadline for bills to be heard and passed for this session might be over, but the threat certainly isn’t.
As we warned last week, one of the things that gun control proponents could still do is call a hearing in the Senate, where they control the Judiciary Committee.
And that’s exactly what they’ve done.
In fact, they’re doing this on the same day as the “Lobby Day” for Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown” gun control group. They plan on having hundreds of anti-gun advocates on-hand for the hearing.
Can you join us next week?
- Committee on the Judiciary
- Room 1200 – Minnesota Senate Building
- Tuesday, April 26th 8:30 am
The hearing will be ticketed on a first-come, first-serve basis prior to 8:30am. You will want to arrive early in order to secure a spot.
The hearing will be informational only, meaning that there will not be a vote – and the bills will not proceed to the Senate floor. However, it’s a great opportunity to put our opposition and facts front and center.
The following bills will be heard:
- SF2493: Universal background checks, aka universal gun owner registration
- SF2980: Gun Violence Protective Orders, aka “we’ll hold a hearing without you present and take your right to keep and bear arms away”
Whether you can join us next week or not, can you take the following actions right away?
- Call your State Senator: Let them know that you’re opposed to this sort of gun control. You can use the Who Represents Me link at the State Legislature to find your Senator’s contact information.
- E-Mail your State Senator: After calling your State Senator, follow-up with a brief email reiterating your points.
- Contact members of the Senate Judiciary Committee: Let them know that you’re opposed to this sort of gun control. First, give each Senator a call, then follow-up with a brief email. Use this link to find their contact information.
- If you’re not already a member, join the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus: We need your help during challenges like this more than ever. Our annual membership is $40/yr and comes with a great set of benefits. Join us today!
- If you’ve already joined, please consider a donation to the Caucus or to the Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee to help further our efforts.
As you make contact, be sure to be firm, but polite. As frustrating as anti-gun politicians can be, aggressive and inappropriate remarks cause us more even more problems in making headway at the legislature.
We’ll share more information in the coming days.
About Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus:
The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus is a non-partisan, single-issue Minnesota nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to the full restoration of firearms freedoms in Minnesota. The Caucus is a IRS recognized 501(c)(4) organization.
Learn more at http://gunowners.mn.