USA -(Ammoland.com)- Due to the Christmas holiday, the NICS Contracted Call Centers (NCCC) will be closed beginning at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on December 24, 2016, and will be back in operation at 8:00 a.m. ET on December 26, 2016.
For your convenience, the NICS E-Check will still be available after 8:00 p.m. ET on December 24, 2016.
In case you have not yet enrolled to use the NICS E-Check, please consider taking this important step to register. The NICS E-Check allows you to conduct firearm background checks over the Internet 24/7 and provides many benefits you do not receive from the NCCC.
Please understand that we try to handle all incoming transactions as efficiently as possible; however, it is not always possible to avoid hold times on the telephone.
In addition, our current phone system processes incoming calls on a first in, first handled basis. There is no need for an FFL to contact the NCCC from a second phone line while on hold for the initial call as this will not expedite service.
The NICS E-Check provides a user-friendly experience in navigating firearm checks. The NICS E-Check is a valuable tool for the FFL throughout the year but especially during the peak gun purchasing season. The NICS E-Check runs efficiently with an average wait time of less than two minutes once the transaction is initiated.
The NICS E-Check allows you to access the system from any browser using a computer, laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc. You simply log in to the NICS E-Check using a user name and password, similar to how many of us manage online accounts today.
The FFL and/or manager will receive administrative controls, which includes the ability to create and modify employee
NICS E-Check accounts. The NICS E-Check benefits your customers in protection against identity theft as well as protecting the FFL number and code word.
Instructions on how to register to use the NICS E-Check are listed below.
- Visit the NICS E-Check website
- Click on the link that states “Register to use the FBI NICS E-Check”
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Complete the Account Request Form
- Click on the “Registration” block at the bottom of the page
- Return to Welcome Page and access the Enrollment Form (fourth link)
- Complete Enrollment Form by hand and sign
- Fax form to 1-888-550-6427 or e-mail to [email protected]
- A user name will be e-mailed to the e-mail address you provided during registration
- Additional instructions will be provided in the e-mail on how to obtain your password
If you have questions regarding the NICS E-Check, please visit their website, and refer to the “Assistance with NICS Processing Issues” section.
All other questions may be directed to the NICS Business Unit via e-mail [email protected]