Minnesota –-(Ammoland.com)- The end of the year is just about seven and a half hours away as I write this last missive of 2016. We've been preparing all day to host our neighbors for our annual New Year's get-together while our two daughters have been in and out of my office asking when the party is going to start!
I just wanted to send you a brief note of thanks for your support during the first full year for the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus.
No one imagined that we'd be where we are today when 2016 started a year ago:
- A stronger pro-Second Amendment majority in the Minnesota House
- A+ rated and MNGOPAC endorsed Speaker Kurt Daudt returning for another year at the helm
- For the first time in four years, a strong, pro-Second Amendment majority returns to control in the Minnesota Senate, with A-rated & MNGOPAC endorsed Senator Paul Gazelka as Majority Leader
- Anti-gunners spending more than $800,000 in elections across Minnesota and losing almost every one of their races
Even with these recent victories, the threats to our rights continue with the MN Department of Public Safety removing four states from the list of states whose permits Minnesota will recognize.
We must be ever vigilant.
In just a few days, the 2017 – 2017 legislative biennium will start – and we'll find out how committed both houses of the legislature are to advancing our constitutional rights through substantive pro-Second Amendment legislation like self-defense law reform and constitutional carry.
We'll find out who is willing to just answer the right way on a survey – and who is willing to sponsor legislation and take a roll call vote in favor of your rights.
I do have an important ask of you as we prepare for the start of session next week:
- If you've been a member in 2016 and haven't yet renewed, please do so TODAY. We need you on our side during the upcoming legislative battles.
- If you've never been a member, NOW is the perfect time to join! Our membership costs as little as 11 cents per day – a small price to protect and advance your constitutional rights in Saint Paul.
Next Saturday is our Annual Meeting & Legislative Preview at The Mermaid in Mounds View, Minnesota. It's the perfect time to come out, meet other like-minded allies, and talk with the legislative leadership about your desires for the coming years. There will be presentations, workshops, and a Q&A dialogue with Caucus Leadership about the road ahead for 2017-2018.
We hope to see you there!
Thanks again for your support in 2016! We could have accomplished none of this without you!
About Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus:
The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus is a non-partisan, single-issue Minnesota nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to the full restoration of firearms freedoms in Minnesota. The Caucus is a IRS recognized 501(c)(4) organization.
Learn more at http://gunowners.mn.