by Dennis L Johnson, MD, PhD, USN Capt (ret), Carolyn L Johnson, RN
U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- We used a series of these well-conceived reactive target systems to evaluate the Sig Sauer MPX .177 cal semi-automatic air rifle. They’re both fun and efficient for sighting in your rifle.
The Quad Shooting Gallery is a miniature arcade made famous at State Fairs. This 22″ (W) x 10″ (H)x9″ (D) pellet trap is constructed of heavy duty, all-weather, powder-coated 1.2mm thick steel engineered specifically for .177/.22/.25 cal lead pellets from break-barrel/CO2 (12 gr/90gr) or pump air guns. It has 4 knockdown targets which magnetically lock down when struck.
These targets all reset to their starting positions by shooting the additional center target. We found the system to perform superbly after thousands of shots.
It really makes target shooting enjoyable while developing sharp shooter accuracy. This winter we set it up in the basement and our adolescent grandkids became expert shots in no time.
We used SIG Sauer Quad Spinner AIR-REFLEX targets outdoors for greater shooting distances. Again, their durable heavy-duty, powder-coated metal construction are made for .177/.22/.25 cal pellets from break-barrel CO2(12 gr & 90gr) pump air guns. The central Sig logo target has a heavy bottom mass so once struck, it rocks back and forth on its single axis. A lower axis contains targets on each side of the central target which spins when hit. All target surfaces have replaceable paper stick-on bulls eyes. These targets are built to last and their consistent performance made target shooting a blast.
Specifications of the SIG Quad Gallery:
- 4 Center Mass Knockdown Targets w/ Center SIG Target as the Reset Function
- 4 Center Mass Targets Magnetically Lock Down once struck.
- To Reset: Hit the Center SIG Target to release them all back to the Starting position.
- Dimensions 22”(W) x 10”(H) x 9”(D) 1.2 mm thick steel
- Compatible with .177 & .22 pellets (lead only) and low ricochet lead BBs (Lead Only)
- For use with Break Barrel / CO2 (12 gr / 90 gr) / PCP Airguns
- Heavy Duty, Metal Construction
- All Weather Durable Powder Coating
- Easy to set up
- Maximum energy of 16 lbs…. approx 900 fps in practice guns with pellets from 7-8 g, but not for hunting airguns.
- MSRP: $64.99
Specifications for the SIG Quad Spinner Target:
- 4 hanging SIG logo spinner targets flip up when struck, (1.5″ diameter each)
- Knock down the top center mass target to reset
- Quick swing-out legs for sturdy placement on any surface whether it be hard or soft
- For use with break barrel, CO2 (12 gr/90 gr), or PCP airguns
- Heavy duty, all-metal construction
- All weather durable powder coating
- Quick and easy to set up
- Compatible with .177 & .22 pellets and low ricochet lead BBs (Lead Only)
- 11 x 1 x 16 inches
- MSRP: $27.99
If you want to really have fun shooting your air gun, these targets are the way to go.