YETI Coolers Drops NRA Foundation Following Recent Anti-Gun Protests

Editor’s UPDATE: YETI Coolers has issued an official statement saying the report below is wrong and they continue to support the NRA Foundation and NRA members.

Yeti Coolers Hopper 20
Yeti Coolers Hopper 20

U.S.A.-(Ammoland.com)- For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn’t sportsmanlike.

YETI should be ashamed.

They have declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

Contact Yeti here.

JOHN
JOHN

THIS IS VERY EASY. EVERYONE WITH A YETI NEEDS TO SEND IT BACK AND ASK FOR A FULL REFUND UNDER THE LIFETIME WARRANTY. THE POCKETBOOK WILL GET THEIR ATTENTION.

John Wilson
John Wilson

Just buy the Ozark Trails (I think it is) from Walmart. They are nearly the same thing and work just as well without the Million dollar price tag. My family has 4 of them. Coffee stays hot for hours and I had ice still frozen after 24 hours. They cost about 8 bucks. REMEMBER, it’s the Ozark Trails one’s, not the others that Walmart sells!!!!

Rock
Rock

Just added YETI to my “no longer exists” list… Coolers, cups etc, used by HUNTERS, that are more than likely NRA members, Yeti just bit the hand that fed them. YETI wants to be more like Dicks, Starbucks, Target, etc…. Anti 2nd, anti gun, anti legal citizen, anti NRA… And NOW Starbucks had two black men arrested for waiting to meet their coworker.
Shut’em down Danno, we do NOT need them.

Carter
Carter

From Yeti: “We’re writing in response to your recent email inquiry. A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20. Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that “[YETI has] declined to continue… Read more »

MBH
MBH

Today, I drilled a hole in the bottom of my wifes Yeti cup and it is dangling from the bumper of my truck. Bought her a Purple Candy RTIC to replace it. I Also wrote the CEO of Academy an email. Mr Symancyk at [email protected] thanking him for supporting the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment and encouraged him to stop selling Yeti products. They don’t sell RTIC so I had to order it from Amazon. Also Closed my Bank of America Accounts. When I told the lady why, see said “That’s OK, we really don’t want NRA members as our… Read more »

John Wilson
John Wilson
Reply to  MBH

W. Fredricks
W. Fredricks

Here is the message I just sent to the CEO of Yeti: Dear Sir: In light of your narrow minded decision to sever ties with the NRA, I write to inform you that a pending purchase order for 5 coolers planned to be used by our camping club will be cancelled. We will order from Rtic instead. The decision is yours to make as is my decision as to how we spend our money. Sadly your virtue signaling is appalling in light of the tremendous amount of good work the NRA has done over its many years in existence. Hunter… Read more »

Curtis
Curtis

I contacted Yeti and this is their response YETI Shop Custom Shop This is YETI We’re writing in response to your recent email inquiry. A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20. Further, the… Read more »

Finngirl
Finngirl

Glad I did not buy a new cooler from these losers ! Will be using the tumblers for target practice, nice!

claudia whetstone
claudia whetstone
Reply to  Finngirl

BUY from us EPIC COOLERS South Florida, better prices, more colors, SAVE YOUR MONEY switch to EPIC!
We are NRA member, we support any organization that helps our young AMERICANS to stay outdoors, hunting, fishing, camping..etc. instead of video games and snapchat obsessions. ( Small-women owned and operated-Give us a chance! Search EPIC Coolers. http://www.epiccoolers.com Call us, email, anytime THANK YOU! God Bless America!

Vern S Johnson
Vern S Johnson

According to Yeti’s facebook, they informed several organizations, including the NRA, that they were eliminating several outdated discount programs. They then offered alternatives to the ones being canceled and the NRA, instead of picking an alternate program released the statement that Yeti had “pulled their support”. So what is the truth? I’m a lifetime member of the NRA, and wouldn’t spend the kind of money Yeti asks even if I had it. So I don’t have much of dog in this hunt. Just want the truth.

Mikial
Mikial

Yeti is just another Starbucks and Under Armor overpriced merchandiser who rips people off on products you can get far cheaper elsewhere, and which will do just as well. Then, once they have your money, they will stab you in the back and make donations to the Democrats. You’re better off shopping elsewhere.

claudia whetstone
claudia whetstone
Reply to  Mikial

Exactly, Give a small business a CHANCE!!!!

durabo
durabo
Reply to  Mikial

Remember that Starbucks has vowed to hire 10,000 Middle Eastern and African so-called “refugees,” but has done nothing to hire veterans and disabled Americans.

Elaine S.
Elaine S.

I wrote to Yeti and below is their verbatim reply. I want to know who is skewing the real story here!! NRA or Yeti!! “ YETI Shop Custom Shop This is YETI We’re writing in response to your recent email inquiry. A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the… Read more »

Concerned Outdoorsman
Concerned Outdoorsman
Reply to  Elaine S.

Poor timing on your change. . .it coincides with too many other big businesses that have hit the political bandwagon. Communication lacking leads to speculation on the intent of your change. Makes you look like you’re going the way of Dick’s and REI. Is YETI going YUPPIE?

Cowboy
Cowboy

I saw a consumer test using 5 different coolers and how long they retain ice, temperature, volume, and price. The cheap Igloo cooler out preformed this way over priced status symbol.

John
John

RTIC, a company located in Houston, Texas, sells a comparable product at half the price. RTIC placed the 2nd Amendment on their website………………..’Nuff Said. They have great customer service also! And no, I do not work for them.

Carter
Carter

I re-purposed my large tumbler into the perfect receptacle for dog poop at the park. That sucker has a mouth wide enough to scoop without getting my fingers in the way. Yeti is dead to me, The rest of it is filled with dirt and in my pond.

John
John

on Yeti’s Home page they are backpaddling on the NRA statement

Garryowen
Garryowen

Just posted on the Yeti contact website (link above): How stupid could you possibly be. I am an NRA member and have had a number of Yeti mugs and coolers. One of my favorite Yeti mugs was a present and inscribed with NYPD 48 where I worked with honor for many years. You have now removed that honor with your liberal divisiveness and I can no long use that mug, not will I ever buy another Yeti product in my life. And, because you are such stupid people, we will tell everyone we know, including our 4,000 member gun club… Read more »

Jim
Jim

Okay, for those of us who have Yeti products, and don’t want to use them as targets, I’m ordering some NRA bumper stickers to put over the brand name.

John
John

Just a little more info. This company has some problems, like it’s management. They will quickly find out that their overpriced, but good, are not needed to have a great day outdoors!

John
John

Remember folks, Yeti is located in Austin, Tx……….the new San Francisco. This is the dumbest management move I have ever seen. What do you expect………..Liberals!

Docduracoat
Docduracoat

Yeti is now dead to me
Their metal cups are a nice product, I like to duracoat them in camo patterns.
I will switch to ammo cans instead
Boycott Yeti!

jim
jim

If a company does not want to donate (for free) that is one thing, but NOT TO SELL to the NRA, per the article on Ammoland–that is anti-NRA and anti-Second Amendment by definition. it is just that simple!

Dave Brown
Dave Brown

I am sure Yeti will find another way to donate their product, and it appears The NRA crossed a line with them. Last time I checked this is The USA, and US can do this kind of stuff because WE Are Free. Me, Gunner for 54 years now. The NRA brought me into the sports at the age of 12 by way of education and attraction. Yet I have not been a member for about 30 years, and I will not join again until they get back to Their Roots, and forget about The Buck. Not That Big Buck, the… Read more »

M.P.Johnson
M.P.Johnson
Reply to  Dave Brown

Ya, let everyone else foot the bill and fight the fight…..Lazy Biotch!

Greg Newman
Greg Newman
Reply to  M.P.Johnson

Dave Brown is a democrat so no worries.

Joe Stephens
Joe Stephens
Reply to  Dave Brown

Yeti’s cost is probably an issue as there are several competitors with the same product and half the price. NRA has some glaring issues the need to address. In the end it’s a free country ( sort of ). Be safe.

Sue
Sue

Cabelas sells a nice yeti like cooler for less money.

David M.
David M.

David M.> Say’s, Come on Guy’s and Gal’s! Don’t throw your Yeti products in the Trash, where someone else can pull them out and use them!! Take them to a shooting range and blow holes in them, and then put them in the garbage!!! Go have some fun first!!!!!!!

Cam
Cam
Reply to  David M.

I suggest you sell them and donate the cash to a good 2nd group so people who still want them and can get a used one cheaper. it hurts yeti. They make no cash from used ones being sold.

AA27AA
AA27AA

I needed new practice targets!!!! Not any more. Wait until our NRA gun club members (currently in excess of 1000 members) hears about one of their members destroying his Yeti cooler on the range. Oh, I have Yeti travel mugs too. It’s going to be a great day at the range.

Bob
Bob

Don’t own a yeti product, but now, sure as shooting, I never will.

durabo
durabo

How this move will affect the cooler manufacturer is Yeti be determined, but I, on my part, will BOYCOTT the product, as will most outdoor people.

Johnny B
Johnny B

Don’t use Yeti, overpriced, high tech, tree hugger junk. Coleman has been old reliable forever. I’ll share this with all my buddies.

Dave
Dave

I need a new cooler for the boating season and Yeti WAS on the list of possibles. Note the us of the past tense…

Brick
Brick

Thanks for giving is their contact info. Just shot em an email.

Elaine S
Elaine S
Reply to  Brick

I wrote to them as well and they said they did not drop the NRA. They changed their package deal with the NRA. This is a direct quote from Yeti: A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA… Read more »

Charlie
Charlie

Business must be good for Yeti if they can afford to lose potential sales from 5 million customers. I’ve got a Yeti mug that I’ll now use to “take a whiz” when I’m in my boat.

Terry
Terry

I just sent this message to YETI corporate. “YETI Coolers Drops NRA Foundation Following Recent Anti-Gun Protests” I just put my YETI cooler on the burn pile. I’m hitting up everyone I know to request they do the same and never do business with your snowflake frickin’ company again. Who the hell did you people think bought most of your overpriced shit anyway. I also sent an email to the Academy link requesting that they sever ties with YETI. I’m sick of this crap. If these snowflake CEOs and Board of directors can’t pull their heads out of their butts… Read more »

M.
M.

hell no on yeti queer-coolers

Steve Page
Steve Page

Just sent this email to Cabelas and as I get time I’ll send it to whoever I can think of. “Given Yeti’s recent anti-gun, anti-NRA actions I would ask that you no longer sell there products in your stores. I’m sure the overwhelming majority of your customers, who are pro-gun/pro-NRA, would agree. Thanks for listening. ”
Like · Reply · 3m

Hatman1793
Hatman1793

I was at BassPro over the Xmas holidays looking for gift items and came across a YETI travel mug. Sure it was stupidly overpriced but it looked durable…etc..
When i actually examined it, the reason i put it back was the bottom sticker that said it was made by the Chi-coms! So Yeti gets the Chi-coms to make their overpriced stuff. WTF?

Stanley Smith
Stanley Smith

YETI has severed ties with the NRA and its members. The management at YETI are too cowardly to admit to the reason why. Houston based RTIC is a better product, and they make waterproof gun cases.

Richard Pilny
Richard Pilny

Yeti has been charging ridiculous prices for their products and now there are many competitors offering the same quality products at half the price. I wonder if they are going into bankruptcy since they can’t afford to help fund the NRA. I feel they have ripped off their biggest customers, the sportsmen, since their inception. Glad to be an NRA member.

Craig
Craig
Reply to  Richard Pilny

Richard Pilny: if people are dumb enough to buy the crappy products at outrageous prices just for a name and a sticker for their truck window then YETI they didn’t rip anyone off, people are just vain and stupid.
I get a kick out of all the flats boat guys that have a cooler on their boat worth more than any other gear on the boat including their safety gear!!

Robert
Robert

Well go figure we are talking about a company headquartered in Austin Texas one of the most liberal cities in our great nation. Oh well Yeti just lost another potential customer. I was planning on picking one up next week for the upcoming camping season. But will spend my money elsewhere. From the reviews I’ve read they are overpriced and overrated anyhow.

Jon
Jon

Bye Bye, Yeti!

Mark R
Mark R

Yeti coolers are junk and over hyped , they hold ice for 10 days or what ever they claim ,right as long as you never open the lid ,I put it in the garage and put my old Coleman back in service , Yeti = Junk

Laddyboy
Laddyboy

Bought ‘yeti’ items before. Found they are OVERPRICED. Found other companies’ products equivalent. ‘yeti’ is henceforce BOYCOTTED in my household. Will tell others about ‘yeti’s’ decision to disgrace themselves in the outdoor world enthusiasts.

Crog
Crog

Why would anyone do business with he fascist NRA making sure one nut after another keeps the public in a constant state of fear?

MBH
MBH
Reply to  Crog

Crog, I am a legal gun owner, I have never shot at anyone. Yet you want to take my 2nd amendment right away because of the last school shooting, Right? Well answer me this. Do you have a cell phone? Do you text and drive? Texting while driving kills on average 11 teens per day. I will turn my gun in if you turn in your cell phone. Don’t tell me you don’t text and drive either. That makes no difference, I have never shot anyone!

MBH
MBH
Reply to  MBH

Even more proof that is is the user, not the tool! I went in 2 gun shops today, not one single gun jumped off the wall and tried to shoot me! God bless the 9, 16 and families!

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Crog

@Crog, Either you do not know what the NRA is or you do not know what a fascist is. Amateur propagandists shout out one line implications. Then flee so that they do not have to defend their untrue statements. Among rat-bastard trolls crog is a mouse.

Retired SOF Guy
Retired SOF Guy
Reply to  Crog

Crog, Bless your heart. You should first learn what fascist means, and that doesn’t mean go upstairs and ask your hippy mom, but from a reputable source. Then check out the NRA and NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF sites and read up on what the NRA does. Then, ask yourself why libs continue to keep schools and many other places as “unarmed victim zones” and ask why crazies don’t go shoot up police stations, gun ranges, or other places where their potential victims are armed. And after all of that truth destroys your worldview, try to not curl up into a ball,… Read more »

John
John
Reply to  Crog

I do not believe for one minute you are in fear of me and my guns, Until you start the Commy shit Socialism.Just remember,” Cold Dead Hands”

Penny
Penny

Otterbox makes better coolers anyway. They also support youth education.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Penny

Mermite cans at the Army surplus store for cheap. Three sleeves for three different foods, stays cold or hot much longer, and you can accidentally drop them out of a Blackhawk at 2000 feet and not hurt the mermite can or its contents.

Lorenzo
Lorenzo

That amazes as much sense as Firestone cutting ties with NASCAR. But then liberal group think doesn’t have to make sense does it.

Mike D.
Mike D.

Please contact Academy Sports and demand that they immediately stop selling Yeti products. The Academy CEO is J.K. Symancyk, his e-mail address is at this link. It’s time to use the communists own tactics to force OUR agenda:

Stanley Smith
Stanley Smith
Reply to  Mike D.

This is the actual email for J. K. Symancyk.
[email protected]

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Stanley Smith

Smith, Thank you for providing Symancyk’s email. I sent him a nice polite email explaining why I was no longer interested in Yeti products.

Blackdeerhunter
Blackdeerhunter

Come on Ammoland it’s 2018, please make it easier to share your articles.

Dave in Fairfax
Dave in Fairfax

I’ll assume that you are getting the articles in an e-mail rather than going to the website, if not, sign up for them. To find a link to share, look at the location bar near the top of your browser. This article is https://www.ammoland.com/2018/04/yeti-drops-nra-foundation
All you have to do is copy and paste. Do NOT send the part that starts with ?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers. It isn’t that hard, just a minimal effort.

Erik
Erik

c’mon, it’s 2018. please learn how to copy and paste a URL.