by Tom Gresham
This article first appeared on www.GunTalk.com
USA – -(Ammoland.com)- With regard to firearms manufacture and sales . . .
Name another consumer product where the manufacturer must get the permission of the federal government before it can begin making the product;
- where this manufacturer must be licensed by the federal government;
- where every single item produced must be accounted for, at every step of manufacture, storage, shipping, distribution, and sale;
- where every single store selling the product must seek permission from the federal government to sell the product;
- where every single store wanting to sell the product must be licensed to sell the product;
- where every single store wanting to sell the product must keep written records of every single item sold, under penalty of a felony conviction;
- where every purchase of this consumer product must be approved by the Federal Bureau of Investigation;
- where theft of this consumer product from the store constitutes a federal felony;
- where the sale of the product is strictly limited by age and background of the purchaser;
- and where (by the way) all product liability and negligence laws apply (why does everyone keep forgetting this?).
And that is what the gun confiscation forces call a “completely unregulated industry.“
This article is part of GunTalk’s recent email newsletter, please visit https://guntalk.com/ where you can subscribe to read more.
Gun Talk’s Tom Gresham
Author, outdoorsman, gun rights activist, and firearms enthusiast for more than five decades, Tom Gresham hosts Tom Gresham’s Gun Talk, the first nationally-syndicated radio show about guns and the shooting sports, and is also the producer and co-host of the Guns & Gear, GunVenture and First Person Defender television series. www.guntalk.com