Who’s the Lead Dog? Money vs Power

Opinion

Money Briefcase
Who’s the Lead Dog? Money vs Power

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- You say woo hoo! Michael Bloomberg, the obnoxious former New York City Mayor and multi-billionaire funder of everything gun-control has removed his hat from the presidential contender ring. That’s great news for America’s gun owners. Whew, we dodged a bullet, so to speak. Now we can rest easier.

Not so fast!

No matter what you may think of Michael Bloomberg, (and I have a pretty good idea), he is not a stupid man. He didn’t create a personal fortune estimated to be nearly $55.1 billion because he’s a dummy. No, Bloomberg is a brilliant guy who knows how to get things done and when it comes to attacking our gun rights, nobody does it better. He also knows that running for President would slow his anti-gun effort, so to speak.

Before making his announcement, Bloomberg pledged to spend $500 million of his fortune to oust Trump. In fact, his top advisor, Kevin Sheekey told Politico when asked about the amount Bloomberg had pledged, “That’ll get us through the first few months.”

Presidential campaigns and candidates are limited by laws that would hold Bloomberg and his organizations back from doing the real work that gun control efforts require, at least the way he has them set up. Bloomberg sat back, analyzed the situation based on facts, as all great business leaders do, and came to a conclusion.

Michael Bloomberg knows he can do more to destroy the Second Amendment from the sidelines rather than as a candidate. That’s not speculation. He said it himself:

“I know there’s much more we can accomplish over the next two years, but only if we stay focused on the work and expand upon it. And the fact is: A national presidential campaign would limit my ability to do that.

So as I’ve thought about a possible presidential campaign, the choice before me has become clear. Should I devote the next two years to talking about my ideas and record, knowing that I might never win the Democratic nomination? Or should I spend the next two years doubling down on the work that I am already leading and funding, and that I know can produce real and beneficial results for the country, right now?

I’ve come to realize that I’m less interested in talking than doing. And I have concluded that, for now, the best way for me to help our country is by rolling up my sleeves and continuing to get work done.”

I want you to think about that statement in its entirety, but more than anything, focus on the fact that Bloomberg said: “A national presidential campaign would limit my ability to do that.” That’s a remarkable statement for many reasons when you know that earlier in the same opinion piece, he stated, “And I believe I would defeat Donald Trump in a general election.”

What the Pied Piper of Orange Shirt Clad Screeching Gun Haters just told us is he can do far more damage to freedom sitting atop his pile of dough rather than sitting behind the Resolute Desk in the White House, signing gun control legislation. Think about that! Here’s a guy who believes he can become the most powerful man in the world and doesn’t want to because the most powerful man on Earth can’t do what he can do sitting atop all of that money! Wow, that puts things in perspective, doesn’t it?

There are a couple of other keywords to pay attention to in Bloomberg’s quote. Such as “doubling down” on the current work he is still funding. When a guy worth $55 billion has already pledged $500 million and doesn’t want to win the White House so he can “double down,” you had better be paying attention.

There’s just one more thing to think about. The next time you hear some TV pundit or even a close relative for that matter, refer to the President of the United States as “the most powerful man on Earth,” consider this: There’s at least one guy sitting atop a stack of cash in New York City who disagrees with that assessment.

Oh, and he hates your guns.

~ Mark Walters

About Mark WaltersMark Walters

Mark Walters is the host of two nationally syndicated radio broadcasts, Armed American Radio and Armed American Radio’s Daily Defense with Mark Walters. He is the Second Amendment Foundations 2015 Gun Rights Defender of the Year award recipient and co-author of two books, Lessons from Armed America with Kathy Jackson (Whitefeather Press) and Lessons from UnArmed America with Rob Pincus (Whitefeather Press)

Walter Goddard

Here’s an article from Truth About Guns… SB-1310 is an expansion of Anti-2A, by assaulting the 1A.. It seeks to ban any Social Media outlet from publicly posting a photo of anyone with a gun. They want to keep us from exercising our rights of the 2A ..out of sight and out of mind! In order to prevent us from influencing/educating others; that guns are not the problem… I have a feeling Bloomberg is behind it as well. Every one start looking for an assault like this in every State, in addition to Florida. SB-1310 (1) A minor who posts… Read more »

Witold Pilecki
Witold Pilecki

Bloomberg, Soros, Steyer, etc.,are those wealthy private citizens that, in the end, their wealth will not buy them the security that they will need to prevent their Marie Antoinette, Romanoff, Mussolini or Ceausescu moment of glory. The enlistment oath I swore never expires, and refers to enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
Reply to  Witold Pilecki

Witold, well-stated.

Robert J. Lucas
Robert J. Lucas

Needs to feed the needy…

Concerned citizen
Concerned citizen

Michael Bloomberg is Satan himself in human form!

The Green Watch Dog
The Green Watch Dog

Get Out,
I have always been specific on what I believe in the responsibility in owning a gun and what I support regarding our gun rights. I support ERPOs. I have been voicing my opinions for years now. Many agree with me and there are some that do not. I respect the opinions of others, and not resort to calling them mean or ugly names, or belittling others. Some times I do tease light heartedly, but never in a threatening manner.

Jack Mac
Jack Mac

Dog. ERPOs violates justice. Anybody can call for ERPO on anyone at anytime. If government takes one’s property they most likely will not get it back. Police will always find a judge to sign any warrant desired. Police know the danger involved raiding homes. They have the element of surprise and overwhelming force. They are prepared, willing, and expect to use deadly force on a whim.
This can happen to as many people the government desires. It desires a lot. It can happen to me or you. I suggest that you review your stance.

Get Out
Get Out

GWD you’re still anti-gun and as stated below why does it appear you’re trying to pull the wool over our eyes trying to act like you care about our gun rights? Do any of these new knee-jerk gun laws you support get the illegal guns from criminals, we already know that’s not going to happen?

The Green Watch Dog
The Green Watch Dog
Reply to  Get Out

Jack Mac and Get Out,
ERPO: My definition is quite deferent than others. For a risk of dangers to others,it does not have to be a gun. If could be a 4 foot bowie knife, a booby trapped house with a moat, a trap made out of spider webs. Or, even a 93 year old great grand mother who is mad and does not like older men. She has an ax to grind.Lets do this. Take the word gun out of the laws, and I will be happy to fully support ERPOs. Will you?

Get Out
Get Out

GWD That’s because you have no clue what the purpose of ERPO’s (Red Flag) are for! ERPO’s (Red Flag) were solely written as gun control measure to circumvent the US Constitution and BOR.
“Under a typical red flag law, concerned parties, most often law enforcement officers or family members, can ask courts to temporarily remove guns from a person who is showing signs of violence.”

Let’s add to that statement in parentheses anyone that has a beef with you and wants to put the gun owner in danger, i.e. ex wife, husband, girlfriend etc.

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up

TGWD, and yet ERPOs only remove firearms from the residence. So how do they ERPOs comport with your “definition”? Obviously they do not. Based on the Intelligence source and information reliability scale, you are an E5 – a liar.

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up

TGWD, E5.

Sorry GWD,
Trying to re-define a skunk as a rose bush won’t fool anyone!

joefoam
joefoam

Money will always win out. People are naturally greedy so they sell their souls for a little cash. Look what politicians will do for a little campaign contribution, and by accepting the money feel obligated to those who gave it. Bloomberg will continue to spend his cash to get his way, after he gets your guns he will try and tell us how much soda pop we can drink. Think he might want to control our lives?

RICK
RICK
Reply to  joefoam

WHEN THE LEFTIST START VIOLATING MY RIGHTS, THEY FORFEIT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MY AND MINE. MY RIGHTS WILL BE PRESERVED { AND YOURS } IF THERE IS ANY WAY I CAN CONTROL IT. I AM POSITIVE I WILL BE DEAD BEFORE I PRAY TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Walter Goddard

This a back ward way of buying activist lawyers, politicians, and judges. Short of bankruptcy, his death will make his willed fortune available to his unConstitutional agendas.. Let’s hope he doesn’t croak until he has a change of heart, or fortune. We need to step up and get some laws on the books against this type of ‘legal’ assault. There are campaign finance laws already, all kinds of laws against politicians accepting monies and profiting from office. I know that (Ca. for one) States have some laws against accepting any comments from out of State voters. Someone else here commented… Read more »

Terence O'Brien
Terence O'Brien
Reply to  Walter Goddard

In the end who care ashes, dust to dust and death is final

Walter Goddard

Death is radically final, but a man’s soul is eternal…
Loving your family and friends is easy!
With out unconditional love, we can’t love our enemies, and hatred makes us no better than they are…

.. enough said!

Jack Mac
Jack Mac
Reply to  Walter Goddard

Water, It is the enemies’ beliefs in unconditional love that is involved also. Their desire for unconditional surrender we should expect in return.

Reply to  Jack Mac

That seems like a heavily loaded 2 sided coin..

Do we have time to consider it?
I haven’t met an enemy so far, that was wiling to show any kind of love.
Total surrender, or death, I can relate to well enough.

Reply to  Walter Goddard

Me too.. The lawyers who went after tobacco, might find something that Soros, or Bloomberg, have done illegally. Surely they’ve stepped on some toes on the way up the ranks…. He has no regard for anything or anyone but his own agendas! He has a pretty good idea of how to get away with breaking the laws to get what he wants… (I personally know Tom Strong, I went to church with him. I was invited with a small group to spend a day at his Table Rock Lake vacation home too.. He also used some of the suits’ proceeds… Read more »

Dubi Loo
Dubi Loo

Another fine article Mark, thank you.

Michael Longley
Michael Longley

Sex, money and power – roots of all evil, alone or in some combination.

Jack Mac
Jack Mac

With power one gets the other two easily.

m.
m.

don’t care what anti-2a d-suckers have to say

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  m.

@m. Yeah, down here we don’t care either. Every garage, church and estate sale has guns for sale. Would a “Bloomberg administration” send a fed to every garage sale in Texas?

John
John

One begets the other, and add titles to the mix and think of the three in a circle. A revolving and mutually supporting triad.

Steve
Steve

If we follow Colorado’s lead. Make sure our individual County Sheriff’s are motivated by the “Constitution ” we may maintain a larger part of the territory! No matter what the gun grabbers employ. County Sheriff’s are our first, and best line of defense. Get the Troopers on board also. They declare their counties 2A Sanctuaries and really put some teeth in the fight!

Patriot guy
Patriot guy

There must be a way to stop madman mich9Bloomberg. Don’t pirchase any magazines, newspapers and tell you cable providers to take off the Bloomberg channel. This madman walks around with an army of bodyguards because he in his demented mind thinks he’s more important than anyone else. Hopefully he’ll get cancer, heart disease or some other illness and do us all a big favor and pass away soon! He also uses his office building full of lawyer’s to sue gun stores all around the country to put them out of business. Background checks = gun registration = gun confiscation =… Read more »

Bill
Bill
Reply to  Patriot guy

I still buy magazines. And fill them.

Chuck Bronson
Chuck Bronson

He may hate our guns, but guess what? I and millions of other hard core American Patriot gun owners don’t give a rat’s behind. Now that we see how far the left is willing to go to ignore Federal Laws, State Laws etc..(Sanctuary Cities, late term abortions, Pot laws etc..) we can play at that game too! 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Towns, Counties and entire regions are cropping up all over the place. And, that trend will not only grow, but the movement will get stronger as more Sheriffs and Local Law Enforcement officials resist the totalitarian efforts of arrogant State… Read more »

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  Chuck Bronson

that’s only a pain pill to ease your trouble for a while. I’ve always been one to find the root of the discomfort and deal with THAT. Then I won’t need the pain pills any more, and will live longer into the bargain. Sanctuary counties and towns are fine…. but that only works until you have to take your pickup truck and blue tick hound into the Big City (which is in a NON_sanctuary county) and then you have a decision to make: will I risk long term prison if I’m caught, perhaps USING my personal defensive weapon against some… Read more »

Will Flatt
Will Flatt

What Bloomberg needs is to be arrested for treason against the Constitution and to be paraded all the way to Gitmo in an orange jumpsuit. Plant his $$ in the potato patch, so to speak.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  Will Flatt

Shall not be infringed is not itself infringed by WHO might be doing the infringing. Whether it be FedGov, my state, town, county, or Mister Moneybags…… there is no limit that gets anyone/thing off the hook when it comes to infringing.
IT SHALL NOT BE DONE, by anyone/thing. Any time. Ever. For any reason. Especially for money.

The Green Watch Dog
The Green Watch Dog

Gun rights activist had better get off their flowered couch this spring. I want you to stop drinking your Hamms, Old Milwaukie, and Pabst Blue Ribbon beers. Put Toby (your Blue Tick Hound) dog in the back yard. Then get out and hold town hall meetings, engage with the public (like myself), and hold educational functions. A good topic that you can speak on is how the right to bear arms is important for this nation.

Will Flatt
Will Flatt

You’ve finally said something that I can fully and unequivocally agree with!! WELL SAID!!

ras
ras
Reply to  Will Flatt

His post about beer and blue tick hounds is his way of trying to insult country boys and girls.

tomcat
tomcat
Reply to  ras

You are exactly correct. He has no idea how most normal Americans live, work or survive. He only comes here to lie to us and get us to comment on his BS.

The Green Watch Dog
The Green Watch Dog
Reply to  ras

No, I’m trying to get people out and do something before someone does it for you. I have always supported the right to bear arms. The right to own a gun. With exceptions. I even once had a BTH dog. Squarely dog I might say. I never took it hunting, Scared of guns and thunder.

Walter Goddard

I usually try to leave you in peace GWD, but there is an “air” of a “Bon Voyage to the Titanic” in your words…

So, if you want to be friends with out benefits 🙂 … Get on board, or be thrown overboard!

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Will Flatt

Flatt, He advocates a lot of non-fun. Personally, I am more of a throw a barbecue type guy. Fun is the most powerful technique in our political tool box.

Reply to  Wild Bill

I watched the new movie ‘”Little Italy” tonight…
Lol I thought I was going to die laughing with a joke in the script..
FAIR WARNING, don’t eat or drink while reading it.. Don’t want you to choke on it!

I’ll paraphrase it for you,

“Hey GWD, Does your ass ever get jealous over all the shit coming out of your mouth?”
.. Don’t take it too personally GWD, we don’t want you to go away mad, just go away!

Get Out
Get Out

GWD you’ve always come off as an anti-gunner, so why does it appear you’re tryin to pull the wool over our eyes trying to act like you care about our gun rights?