Gun Trafficking by Deputies Shows Inevitable Corruption from Gun Laws

“Not all superheroes wear capes”? They may see themselves as such, but the Founders envisioned the power would belong to the whole people as the ultimate check and balance. Any deviation from that just shows how right Lord Acton was about absolute power corrupting absolutely. (San Diego Sheriff's Department/Twitter)

U.S.A. – -(Ammoland.com)- “Former San Diego County sheriff's deputy, four others charged with illegal gun trafficking,” CNN reported Saturday. “Marco Garmo, 52, served as a sheriff's deputy 27 years and was the captain in charge of the Rancho San Diego Station…was charged with engaging in the business of dealing in firearms without a license, making false statements in acquisition of a firearm, obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting the possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and other offenses.”

Outrageously, per The San Diego Union-Tribune, Garmo’s activities had been known by his department and only resulted in a reprimand from Sheriff Bill Gore (formerly in charge of the attack on Randy Weaver’s family at Ruby Ridge) and a warning letter from the District Attorney, “a longtime political ally of Gore’s.” Garmo himself dismissed his activities as “truly a hobby for me, and it just got a little out of control.”

See how understanding the Sheriff and DA would be if you told them that was your “hobby.”

And the elitism didn’t stop there. Back to the CNN report, we are told:

“Many of those transactions involved ‘off-roster’ handguns, which under California law could only be sold to law enforcement officers, not members of the general public…”

That’s done under the pretext that police are the “Only Ones” who can be trusted with guns or with having special exemptions in “gun-free zones” and the like, and that “the people” the Second Amendment refers to cannot be. As a side note, that term originated with a DEA agent who told a classroom full of schoolchildren he was “the only one professional enough” to have a gun on him in their presence and then shot himself in the leg trying to holster his Glock.

For Garmo, taking advantage of his “Only Ones” exemptions reportedly did not stop there:

“Besides making a profit, Garmo sold guns to cultivate future donors for his anticipated campaign for sheriff of San Diego County…”

Presumably, over $150K from the tax cows wasn’t enough, and besides, everybody whose anybody in California “law enforcement” apparently exploits their exclusive privilege. A week-and-a-half ago, we discussed how politically-motivated top LE honchos took advantage of California’s “may issue” concealed carry permit system to reward political donors, withholding the right from the rest of the citizenry under the fraudulent guise of “commonsense gun safety.”

And it’s not like those with elite “opportunities” going the extra step Garmo is accused of are such rarities, as the “few bad apples” apologists would have us believe. It took me less than a minute to find the following cases via a search engine:

And who could forget the man more powerful than a mere “Only One,” zealously anti-gun (for everyone except those he relied on and illegally profited from) disgraced State Senator Leland Yee?

Add to that guns “reported” lost or stolen:

“An NBC Bay Area investigation into the loss and theft of police firearms uncovered more than 500 weapons have gone missing from eight different law enforcement agencies since 2010.”

While we’re at it, let’s not forget how “buyback” guns have “mysteriously” turned up at crime scenes

This might be the place where it’s appropriate to mention California is “A”-rated on its citizen disarmament edicts by Gungrabby Gabby & Co. Yet with each new act of lawbreaking in a “gun-free zone,” we’re subjected to no shortage of useful idiots on social media demanding “Something must be done!” and how “NRA is a terrorist organization with blood on its hands!”

It’s also appropriate to mention a place that, based on its edicts, must rate an A++, Mexico. It’s not only the leading source for “sanctuary” beneficiaries,” but also where the ties and supply lines between “authorities” and narco-traffickers are so strong, some of them went off and formed their own cartel. That, of course, leads to renewed blame of “lax American gun laws” by those who are intent on positions of power in the violence monopoly they intend to impose by hook, by crook, by lies, and by force.

About David Codrea:David Codrea

David Codrea is the winner of multiple journalist awards for investigating/defending the RKBA and a long-time gun owner rights advocate who defiantly challenges the folly of citizen disarmament. He blogs at “The War on Guns: Notes from the Resistance,” is a regularly featured contributor to Firearms News, and posts on Twitter: @dcodrea and Facebook.

CourageousLion
CourageousLion
11 months ago

According to studies from psychologists, there is a very thin line between criminals and cops. As an ex LE myself, I can relate from being around a bunch of guys who for all intents acted like criminals a lot of the time and got away with it. I mean can the average citizen shoot somone’s dog and get away with it like cops do? Or beat someone up for almost nothing and get away with it like cops do? I’m not surprised. I saw my TO once beat a guy who had abused his small child to an inch of… Read more »

Rock
Rock
11 months ago

Corruption with Kalifornia police… I can’t believe it ! When in Kalifornia………………….

Dragonfly
Dragonfly
11 months ago

Where is an [honest] cop when you need one?

CourageousLion
CourageousLion
Reply to  Dragonfly

ROTFLMGO!

Rattlerjake
Rattlerjake
11 months ago

“SHE”? I’m betting that is “Wonder Tranny”.

Boris Badenov
Boris Badenov
11 months ago

This is only the very tip of a very very very large iceberg. I know for a cold hard FACT that M4’s go ‘missing’ from inventory (Reno, NV), yep full Auto, gone. The Santa Clara County Sheriff is willing to consider a CCW for a $25k donation to her reelection campaign according to scuttlebutt. If you live in the formerly great state of Kommieforniastan I suggest you go to Transparent California, you can look up the pay of EVERY State Gov. Employee. These officers aren’t exactly underpaid by any stretch of the imagination. Starting pay in Campbell is about $150k… Read more »

Stag
Stag
11 months ago

None of these things are crimes. That being said, these scumbags would have no problem assaulting, kidnapping, or murdering anyone else caught doing the same thing so they should be held to a much higher standard.

Operator Z
Operator Z
Reply to  Stag

Exactly. Also reason 1,082 why I won’t ever disarm.

Deplorable Bill
Deplorable Bill
11 months ago

I see, grace for them but law for us. Not just any law, law that goes against the WORD, the constitution and basic human rights of life, liberty, pursuit of happyness, self defense, to keep and bare arms etc. I believe this situation is way past the point of no return. When I see socialism and communism talked about and enforced out in the open like it is something normal and correct, when sixty years ago it would have been stomped dead as the vermin ridden filth it is, things have begun to boil over. There is no such thing… Read more »

StWayne
StWayne
11 months ago

I think America is waiting for a blatantly obvious tipping point, when all along, the tide has been pulling them out to sea where it will then be too late to even try to swim back, if but for all the drownings and the sharks. This Titanic has sailed.

StWayne
StWayne
Reply to  StWayne

Sir, I thank you for your service from one vet to another. Thing is, DP, none of this would exist if there wasn’t a market for it, and therein lies the true shame.

StWayne
StWayne
11 months ago

Thank you! I had no idea.

StWayne
StWayne
11 months ago

I watched the very short, very informative video clip supplied by USA. Holy Schit! I had no idea. I though I had seen it all, until a picture of a Waukegan, IL. PD badge came up, when I noticed the interior writing, where it said: “1912 Great Seal of the State of Arizona.” I mean, since when, and WTF? I don’t think we need anymore proof that there is corruption within police departments across the land. It has always been made clear, at least to me, that if it were not for crooked cops and politicians, no matter how many… Read more »

Grim
Grim
Reply to  StWayne

USA-ya gotta stay off the weed and booze.

StWayne
StWayne
11 months ago

Wow! Had no idea, and am sure others don’t either. Thank you for that.

Rattlerjake
Rattlerjake
Reply to  StWayne

ONLY PARTIALLY CORRECT! Our government ceased to be a true government when they enacted the Act of 1871 which turned our nation over to foreign interests; and then later they enacted the Federal Reserve Act which enslaved us financially. Our courts are ALL run under maritime law and not under common law, you can see that when they display the US flag with gold fringe. Our federal government, all of our state governments, and most of our city/county governments are INCORPORATED – THEY ARE CORPORATIONS NOT GOVERNMENTS! This is the reason that they continue to violate the Constitution and create… Read more »

Tionico
Tionico
11 months ago

I am still wondering WHEN the PEOPLE of thst crazy state will wake up and realise they’ve been shafted by their overlords. They live glued to their “devices” and trusting what those toys show them, live with their heads in the sand, and then woner why they can’t get their Mother May I Cards to protect themselves, the whiles those “tasked” with “protecting” them are more concerned with accreting ever increeasing power, money, and corruption. Leland Yee SHOULD have been a major wake up call, but was barely a blip on the horizon. I know a few in that state… Read more »

Old Ch.E.
Old Ch.E.
11 months ago

Per the Indian (indigenous American) if the white man says you don’t need a gun. “You NEED a gun”.

Vern
Vern
11 months ago

Yep, just think of how powerful they would be if they were in complete control of all the guns, it is just the way the left rolls.

joefoam
joefoam
11 months ago

And these are the people legislators provide carve outs for so they are the only ones with access to weapons. I guess I’d get in the business too if the competition were eliminated.