Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dies, Just as President Trump Releases His List of SCOTUS Judges

Ruth Bader Ginsburg IMG Supreme Court of the United States Public domain
Ruth Bader Ginsburg IMG Supreme Court of the United States Public domain

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- Supreme Court justice, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, died on Friday 18th, 2020 from cancer. She was 87. Justice Ginsberg, a well know activist judge, was decidedly anti-gun in her decisions while on the court. Including dissents that argued “Congress can regulate guns in school under Commerce clause” and “right to gun ownership is collective, not individual”.

NBC News opined “Despite her diminutive stature, Ginsburg was larger than life, both on and off the bench. Viewed as a feminist icon, she broke countless barriers, never shying away from making controversial comments along the way — with everything from her high court opinions to her octogenarian workout routines earning her the nickname the “Notorious R.B.G.” by her rabid fan base.”

This leaves an important seat on the Supreme Court of the United States open and Senator Mitch McConnell has come out previously and confirmed that he would fill this seat before the end of 2020 if not before the November election.

News of the death of Justice Ginsberg arrives a mere ten days after President Trump released his 2020 list of potential Supreme Court picks on September 9, 2020.

Here are all the new names on President Trump's most recent list:

• Judge Bridget Bade, 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
  • Daniel Cameron, Kentucky attorney general
  • Paul Clement, former solicitor general
  • Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas
  • Senator Ted Cruz of Texas
  • Judge Stuart Kyle Duncan, 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
  • Steven Engel, assistant attorney general at the Justice Department
  • Noel Francisco, former solicitor general under the Trump administration
  • Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri
  • Judge James Ho, 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
  • Judge Greg Katsas, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
  • Judge Barbara Lagoa, 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
  • Christopher Landau, U.S. ambassador to Mexico
  • Justice Carlos Muniz, Florida Supreme Court
  • Judge Martha Pacold, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
  • Judge Peter Phipps, 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
  • Judge Sarah Pitlyk, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
  • Judge Allison Jones Rushing, 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
  • Kate Todd, deputy White House counsel
  • Judge Lawrence VanDyke, 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

Honest commentators on whether the Republican Senate majority will move forward with appointing a replacement for the now-vacant seat, pretty much agree, that it will happen before the election.  Hang on to your guns and ammo it is gonna be a wild ride.

Rock
Rock
28 days ago

Replace her NOW, do it ASAP. The Dems will do everything that can to stop or slow the filling of her seat before the election.
DO NOT PISS AROUND……………. DO IT !!!!!

28 days ago

@OV – Not Antarctica since the sun does set in summer, but pretty darn far south.
@Patriot – Grill and penguins lately?

29 days ago

Old Vet,
I think the problem is on your end, I’ve tried clicking on PS’s stuff and haven’t had any problems.
Did ALL your lights blink or just the ones on your computer? Is it a laptop or a desktop? Do you have it on an UPS or just plugged into the wall?
I don’t know what your computer savvy-ness is. If you want some help, I’ll try to figure out what’s going with it.

29 days ago

PS & OV,
You didn’t get caught by anything on our end.
Are you having nasty weather in your area?
I’m thinking that you’re having power blips as opposed to brown or blackouts, and it’s messing with either your machines or your ISPs’ servers.

28 days ago

Switching could easily be the problem. Many years ago we were having hits all the time. I left a Simpson plugged into an outlet in clear view just so I could see what they were doing with switching and load leveling. That’s when I decided that everything got put onto UPSs. If it has a compressor or electronics rather than electrics it got one. Picked up a few generators as well. When we lose power in my neighborhood, I just light them up and continue to march.

OV,
Looks like there’s a bunch of us that went to different schools together. I got out of it when Flukes started being the thing you had to have. I’ve got a pair of 6KW, a 3.5KW and a little one for running tools, if I need to, outside of the house. A buddy has a 20KW diesel and thinks mine are “cute”.

Last edited 28 days ago by Dave in Fairfax

OV,
Trust me, I totally get where you are coming from. I live in a townhouse, there isn’t any place to put something that size where I can keep an eye on it. If I don’t, it won’t be there when I need it. I’d love to have a real welder. About all I can swing is a little portable I can hook up to one of the gens. Well, that and a mapp-oxy brazing torch.

OV,
I wondered about that. I’ve been running speedtests on the servers in this area and we’re consistently running about 100mbs. I haven’t seen any scrolling, so apparently the bandwidth is still good. That’s the upside of being able to hear your neighbor go to the bathroom. I wa raised out in flyover and I miss not seeing my nearest neighbor. It’s a dream I still have. Don’t want to die behind enemy lines.

28 days ago

– Thanks for clearing that mass of spam we recently got. Seems they are rolling through more frequently lately.

Reply to  Finnky

Tell me about it. Anne and I have to have a talk.

OV,
Glad to hear it. Make sure you’re running an UPS and the power hits won’t matter as much. ‘Course if it’s the ISP’s server that gets hit, all bets are off. I know that when we get power hits my stuff stays up and I don’t lose connections. BOTH the computer and the modem, as well as the router are on UPSs.

Deplorable Bill
Deplorable Bill
29 days ago

Whomever he picks for scouts, there’s going to be a fight to buy time until after the election. Whomever winds up serving had better know and understand that they ARE accountable to the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY and to the people. Whomever winds up serving had better be a constitutionalist, as in reading and useing it as written, else the socialist, communist, progressive demoncrapic party will do all they can to destroy the U.S.A.

Arm up, carry on

28 days ago

@DB – From all I see, if democrats take congress and presidency they intend to bump SCOTUS to 13 justices allowing them to add four partisan hacks to follow party line. Assumption is that they could then provide statehood to DC and Puerto Rico for an extra 6 electoral college votes in their pocket. Similarly they will expand lower federal courts, allowing them to completely dominate all three branches of federal government. This plan applies next year if they gain power, but they are patient enough to wait until next time they hold the presidency (whenever that might be). With… Read more »

Deplorable Bill
Deplorable Bill
Reply to  Finnky

Yes Sir, this election, this nomination for scots is for all the marbles. The socialist, communist, progressive demoncrapic party has clearly stated their intentions. We, on the BIBLICAL and constitutional, righteous side of the issues are going to have to refresh the tree of liberty sooner rather than later. The battle lines are drawn. I hope that we are all ready and prepared for what’s coming.

Arm up and carry on

Bill
Bill
29 days ago

Praise God for her life and for the next selection!

29 days ago

@wjd -There are gullible people everywhere. Don’t get overconfident simply because correct answer is obviously to you. When I taught, an appalling number of student couldn’t figure out rough proportional dimensions from a picture. They struggled with homework question asking for rough width of an object when provided it’s height and a picture clearly showing 2:1 ratio. If supposedly educated people (graduated high school in top ten percent of their class) cannot get that – how do you expect them to apply logic to something as complex as politics? If they cannot make simple connections described above, I doubt they… Read more »

29 days ago
Reply to  Finnky

There are reasons this is what it is, we just don’t generally talk about them in open conversation.

1 month ago

When looking for likely candidates among the list of potentials, if any are Protestants, you can narrow the list a bit by eliminating them. That is, IF there were ever any Protestants on the list to start with. For some reason, since John Paul Stevens was appointed around 1975, there have been NO Protestants on SCOTUS, only Catholics Jews, or maybe athiests.

Quatermain
Quatermain
29 days ago
Reply to  Grigori

An interesting and relevant point.

Intrceptor
Intrceptor
1 month ago

Why isn’t Trey Gowdy on the list? He would be perfect!

Sisu
Sisu
Reply to  Intrceptor

Gowdy is highly respectable and extremely effective at doggedly pursuing the “truth”. That is not what a “judge” least of all a supreme court justice does. … RBG like to many others appointed to SCOTUS were at the time “emotional” picks based on then seeming momentous issues; that is why they were poor choices, as would Gowdy be a poor choice. … We need boring, apolitical, academic, individuals who can be faithful to the Constitution: to decide constitutional issues and not be tempted to make law (only void unlawful laws). … Given all SCOTUS justices have law clerks to perform… Read more »

29 days ago
Reply to  Sisu

– Now that is the correct approach. Must think long term in selecting someone who is to provide long-term stability for the remainder of their life.

Unfortunately clear-apolitical thinking is not allowed in Washington. Seems to me that that’s problem is quite a bit worse than it has been over the last several decades – though it is possible I’m just become more aware of the sickness at core of that city.

ralph
ralph
1 month ago

It is a little-known fact that Justice Ginsburg died early in Trump’s term.
Nancy Pelosi knew a taxidermist, and……

Circle8
Circle8
1 month ago

She has been “dead” for years. She might have been # 1 in her class of her law school but she could not get a respectable law firm to hire her. But even she was not as low of a POS as obozo.

Reply to  Circle8

@C8 – To be fair she couldn’t get hired by “respectable” law firms due largely to systemic sexism of the time.
Despite claims Tom the contrary, we are past that now. Sexism and racism still exist, but in this country they are not systemic and mostly come from a few disaffected individuals. Have seen enough of the world to say people are treated far more impartially here than in most (if not all) other countries.

uncle dudley
uncle dudley
1 month ago

Waiting for some nut job to come out and blame Trump for Ginsburg’s death. Who will it be?

Larry
Larry
1 month ago

Oh, my, the left is “threatening violence” if a nomination proceeds.
I’ve been counting, and I don’t think there are any more of those cards left in their deck.

Larry
Larry
1 month ago

Too bad, Ruthie — you worked for SCOTUS, not Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Reply to  Larry

^^^^under-rated comment^^^^

Random71
Random71
1 month ago

Good, this will save us the trouble of flushing the lower teirs out.
Yes, little sheep, gather around, now go into the firesack.

1 month ago

I bet Lindseypoo is getting his tutu pressed just in case he is selected. After all, he was a JAG in the military.

OMG, that was a horrible nightmare I had last night! No more pizza and beer for me before bed, ever again! {{{SHUDDER}}}

Reply to  Grigori

Suds parties amongst the sand dunes.

1 month ago

Sorry Ruth, that ain’t your damn decision to make.

Reply to  Grigori

LOL! I wouldn’t put it past him!

Sisu
Sisu
1 month ago

While the following article is only a glimpse into RBG and her disturbed views, it is cogent. I expect it will “disappear” soon; consider printing it for others – https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/16/AR2009071603485.html

An excerpt: “… Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. …”

Reply to  Sisu

Racist witch, put her in the ground and shovel dirt on the witch.

pAe
pAe
1 month ago

Wonder how many funerals and impassioned speeches we’ll have to endure on this one. Will the progtard DC gilleratti practice safe Wuhan during the proceedings? Or is the Plandemic officially over now?

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  pAe

I wont watch any of it. All Id do if I were there is to give a solid slap on the back end of the hearse as it creeps by with the last of this creature.

Buster
Buster
1 month ago

“The Lord works in mysterious ways”

WI Patriot
WI Patriot
1 month ago

Coincidence…??? I think not…

uncle dudley
uncle dudley
1 month ago

Since the democrats have treated President Trump like crap from the day he announced his intent to run for office the first time he needs to remember the hate they have for him and he should pick a female with a solid conservative belief who doesn’t have any scandals in her backround.
He should reach out to GW Bush for opinions and names, that might help him change some of the never Trumpers to his side for the election which he will need.

Reply to  uncle dudley

Oh HELL NO!!!!! We don’t need any input from the Bushes whatsoever!!!!! They have done enough harm to this country, as is. They got their boy Kavanaugh in, likely discussing him over their dear old dad’s dead body with Trump at dad’s funeral.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  uncle dudley

NowayHose A The Bushes have proven themselves not of sufficient qualtiy to speak on this issue. Keep them far away from the entire process.

moe mensale
moe mensale
Reply to  uncle dudley

Yes, because Bush 2 has his finger on the pulse of who’s best qualified to serve on the Supreme Court. And he hates Trump. Seriously, are you delusional or just an idiot?

Last edited 1 month ago by moe mensale
Superman
Superman
Reply to  moe mensale

As if I care what a putz like you thinks. Nice try; no cigar.

moe mensale
moe mensale
Reply to  uncle dudley

And the poster formerly known as “USA” is just a delusional idiot for agreeing with uncle dudley’s “brilliance.”

chocopot
chocopot
1 month ago

This lifelong Communist should never have been allowed anywhere near the SCOTUS. She did huge harm to this nation.

Red Falcon 1325
Red Falcon 1325
1 month ago

No more activist judges. We need someone who will interpret the law, not enact law from the bench.

Raconteur
Raconteur
1 month ago

But here was no need for her to die; she already voted Democrat! Oh I see. Now she can vote vote twice!

Reply to  Raconteur

I have a question. Will those who expire between now and the election, having already voted by mail, have their votes disallowed? Anyone know the real answer?

Reply to  RoyD

RoyD, as Stalin said, it depends on who does the counting.

Actually it depends on the state since states control voting, the Fed doesn’t.

I just checked with an ex-election officer. If they die after voting it counts. If they receive the ballot but don’t cast the ballot, it can’t be turned in as a vote. At least in this state.

Last edited 29 days ago by Dave in Fairfax

Exactly!

Camotim
Camotim
1 month ago

Senator Ted Cruz should replace Ginsburg the Gun Grabber.

Superman
Superman
Reply to  Camotim

Cruz has already stated he does not want the job. Probably because he knows he needs to keep his seat that he narrowly won last time. Demographics are rapidly changing Texas. 10 to 1 birth ratio between non-white (read: Hispanic) and white babies in the Lone Star State.

Terry
Terry
1 month ago

Ding dog the witch is dead! Tom Cotton would be a great replacement. He’s about as hard core 2A as you can get. And he’s young enough to hold that seat for a long time!

Reply to  Terry

Terry,
He needs to be careful to not remove people from the House, Senate or other places where it will be hard to replace them. He can appoint judges to replace those he elevates.

WI Patriot
WI Patriot
1 month ago

Yeah, no “robbing Peter to pay Paul”…

pAe
pAe
Reply to  WI Patriot

If he names one of the sitting judges, he can also name that judges replacement. Win-win.

Reply to  Terry

@TLS – I would prefer Saint Benitez if Trump can find a suitable replacement for that seat in the ninth. We know Benitez has written thorough opinions supporting his rulings. Clear opinions, leaving no room for prevarication by lower courts, is a big part of the supreme’s job. He puts together clear arguments and might well be able to pull several of the other justices in the right direction. Tough call taking him away from the ninth, he has been one of the biggest obstacles for the Californian dictators – but a decent replacement with scotus support could probably hold… Read more »

1 month ago

Dear Senator Ted Cruz. I watched you explain on the news why you really don’t want to be on the supreme court and I understand your reasoning that you can accomplish more in the senate. The problem is if you don’t get re-elected then you are out of the picture and it will be harder for you to protect our rights from the outside. Remember your last election was close and was won by as little as a two point spread. If your end plan is to run for president again I hope that you win, otherwise I think that… Read more »

Dzapper
Dzapper
Reply to  musicman44mag

They couldn’t get him with more money than has ever been spent in senate campaign, with all of that enthusiasm, pent up anti-Trump hatred, and out spending Cruz 2-1. He is not in danger of losing his seat. Besides he isn’t up for reelection for 4 more years, and he may just run for President again.

Superman
Superman
Reply to  Dzapper

Nope, he IS in danger of losing his seat. That is why he is staying put. Last election was way, way closer than he had imagined.

SEMPAI
SEMPAI
1 month ago

Cancer? Oh no she didnt die from that, she died from Covid 19 and it’s all trumps fault
Usually this happens in 3s soooo Pelosi your up followed by Biden on deck.Might not be such a bad year after all.

SEMPAI
SEMPAI
Reply to  SEMPAI

@PS
prosecute the rioters? I missed that, I’m all for it, everytime I see the old Crypt Keeper I change the channel.
Personally I think prosecute is way to easy for traitors I’m thinking of a 7 letter word starts with (E) and ends with (CUTE) you know with all the jail overcrowding and Covid we need to be safe.

Luv2shoot
Luv2shoot
1 month ago

The libtards and Democrats must be shi**ng in their pants right now. We need someone who will protect the 2A and the rest of the Constitution.

Reply to  Luv2shoot

A thud followed by screams of anguish of Leftards,music to ears of many.

TNJEWBOY
TNJEWBOY
Reply to  Luv2shoot

The last good candidate for Justice of the Supreme Court was the late Robert Bork.
He would write his opinion based on the Bill of Rights of These United States.

1 month ago

The left is already saying that if Trump even proposes that he is going to replace her rather than leaving it to the next president they are going to riot and things will get allot worse fast even in suburban America. That’s wonderful, they have already stated what they will do to our country if he decides to replace her. Just think what will happen when he wins. I can’t believe the balls that these demonrats have. Saying things like they wish Trump and all republicans would die from covid. It makes me feel like I should be happy that… Read more »

Buster
Buster
Reply to  musicman44mag

Her death was not unexpected. Both sides have had plenty of time to form their plans. The rioting we’ve seen up `til now suddenly appears to have been an integral part of the Democrat’s plan.

pAe
pAe
Reply to  Buster

The riots were always an integral part of the dhimmirat plan.

TNJEWBOY
TNJEWBOY
Reply to  musicman44mag

Watch out if you live in an area with a college.

Superman
Superman
Reply to  TNJEWBOY

Violence can erupt anywhere. Kenosha, Wisconsin is a good example.

29 days ago
Reply to  musicman44mag

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

Mike Tyson

Cruiser
Cruiser

Ichabod Crane finally went to Sleepy Hollow.comment image

Watch um
Watch um
Reply to  Cruiser

Best one of the day, you win the prize

save2A
save2A
1 month ago

I’m sure he’ll surprise us. Justice Ginsberg did not like Trump, that’s for sure. I really hope he does something about replacing Justice Ginsberg before November.

Reply to  save2A

Amy Coney Barrett,Monday morning.

TStheDeplorable
TStheDeplorable
1 month ago

The story above is incomplete, in that it only lists Trump’s new additions to his list of potential nominees. Since he will be under immense pressure to name a female, the top runner is Amy Coney Barrett of the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. She stood up well to the evil democrats who tried to smear her for her Catholic faith at her confirmation hearings. She is an awesome person who, in addition to her court duties, teaches law at Notre Dame Law School and raises her 7 children, two of whom were adopted from Haiti.

1 month ago

And her stance on the second amendment is?

Reply to  musicman44mag

MM44M,
She’s more Pro2A than a number of the people we hear from in this forum. Look up her credentials and rulings.

TitanWarrior
TitanWarrior
1 month ago

So Amy Coney has foreign black children as trophy kids to display to her friends. No thanks. I’ll take someone a little more grounded in American life.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  TitanWarrior

Yu misjudge her motive, and those of her husband too. I know a number of families who have adopted “foreigh _____ children” but NOT as trophy kids. On what BASIS to you malign that CHOICE to take on kids from another country? You act as if that is a malum in se. I know of well above a dozen ushc children who were adopted from “offshore” raised well, and are now uptanding productive citizens, some now raising their own families. Some are black brown, red, yelllow.. God only made ONE RACE.

moe mensale
moe mensale
Reply to  TitanWarrior

So it offends you that someone should show compassion to children, of any color, who have lost everything or are unwanted? How very Christian of you. I thought that was part of what being an American was about. You’re an asshole.

Superman
Superman
Reply to  TitanWarrior

Nothing more ‘grounded in American life’ than adopting kids from poor nations. Congrats! You have richly earned the ‘putz of the year’ award.

1 month ago

Probably the easiest to do seeing as how she was already more than halfway there.

Reply to  RoyD

Cold but thoughtful.

Sisu
Sisu
1 month ago

I read she is going to be interred at Arlington; which I think is a disgrace given her explicit criticism over years of the Constitution. … Bury her at sea; that no one might resurrect her ala Lenin.

Reply to  Sisu

Hey, I don’t appreciate you polluting our ocean and killing off the fish.

Reply to  musicman44mag

Sharks will eat anything.
Their stomachs are stronger than mine, she makes me sick just thinking about her.

PMinFl
PMinFl
Reply to  Sisu

Just like Is Osama.

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
1 month ago

News reports are saying McConnell has said Trumps appointment will receive a vote on the senate floor.

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

I now predict the Turtle will be reelected in Kentucky because of this.

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

This is going to bring full on screech mode from the left.

Reply to  Ansel Hazen

I have several pair of very good noise reducers. Bring it!

Reply to  Ansel Hazen

Ah the missing,moaning and gnashing of teeth, the anguished screams of Leftards !

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

Yup. And here’s me with a big ol’ grin on my face just thinking about it.

ras52
ras52

Will, me three!

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

I wonder if a “Ford” or similar IDIOT will be located??

Reply to  Ansel Hazen

and I love it, make them whine and cray again now and then again on Nov. 3rd.

Exactly.

Last edited 1 month ago by Green Mtn. Boy
Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

Interesting how the status of her health was kept under wraps eh?

Random71
Random71
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

Weekend at Ruthie’s is finally over…..

Reply to  Ansel Hazen

Amy Comey Barret, ASAP,like Monday.

Ansel,
The problems are Romney, Collins and Murkowski.

hippybiker
hippybiker
1 month ago

Dave, I just got an email from Susan Collins and she’s begging for money because the Demons are snapping at her heels. I think she will tow the line!

Reply to  hippybiker

HB,
She always does. Look at her record and compare it to the average Dem. The 3 I mentioned aren’t even RINOs.

Last edited 1 month ago by Dave in Fairfax
PMinFl
PMinFl
Reply to  hippybiker

Not! Once a rino always a rino.

1 month ago

Let it be Tom Cotton, please.

1 month ago

He missed Amy Barrett, the person I told him to put up for the job rather than the spineless Kavanaugh.

TStheDeplorable
TStheDeplorable
1 month ago

He cut and pasted only part of the story on the list of potential nominees, only listing the “new” people on the president’s list. Amy Coney Barrett remains on the list near the top, where she belongs. And, since there will be pressure to name a female, she may well be the next Justice.

TSD,
Thanks, I caught that from another source this morning. I sure hope so, she has an excellent Pro-2A record.

1 month ago

Word has it that NSSF gave her an A+ rating on gun rights.

Reply to  Grigori

I wish that we could confirm that is correct. Whoever gets it, I hope they are not one of these I support the 2nd amendment except for ???? AR etc.

Reply to  musicman44mag

I was being sarcastic but you are right. We don’t need one of these lukewarm 2-A “supporters”. I wish we could clone another Clarence Thomas each time this happens. He has been the most consistently Constitutional and pro-freedom, of them all.

Reply to  Grigori