NRA & Their “Expert” Lawyer, Brewer, Lose Another One to New York State

Opinion

Businessman Vacuums up the Money iStock- Jorgenmac 468542014
Vacuum up the Money iStock- Jorgenmac

New York ~ -(Ammoland.com)- The NY Attorney General has subpoenaed the files on the arbitration between NRA and Chris Cox, the purged head of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA).

That was a proceeding on which NRA has spent $8 million in legal fees to fight over $2 million owed.

The files are probably enormous. NRA objected for a bunch of reasons and lost but lost in the NY Courts. Here’s the transcript of the hearing, (embedded below) with the judge’s ruling starting on page 36. He orders the documents turned over, with redaction of donors’ names, if they are mentioned, but nothing else.

The Judge rejects the argument that he ought to require turning over the pleadings in the case, but not anything else:

“You know, if there had been objections saying, “Look, this is our first objection, that you can’t have any of it; our second one is, is that these 400 documents have” — you know — “there are these reasons why we’re not going to — we shouldn’t have to — produce them …” But that hasn’t been done. That’s not in front of me. I’m not going to remand it for you guys to start that all over again. This has taken too long as it is.”

He expects the first documents to be turned over “this week” and the entirety of them by the end of January 2022.

One more loss for Team LaPierre, but not their lawyer who is still billing the NRA membership for his “expert counseling”.

Opinion:

The reason for purging Chris Cox was that he’d received a text saying that LaPierre was being asked to resign over the scandals, and Cox replied it was a damn tragedy or words like that. He doesn’t say it’s good, not by any means. It’s something you might say if a friend was caught in a scandal. [unsubstaniated rumors were that phones were tapped]

That’s not much of a reason to purge the fellow who’d led the entire political branch of NRA for around 20 years! So why?

The board always thinks of the head of ILA as the logical successor to the EVP. That’s how LaPierre got the EVP job, after all, he went from head of ILA to EVP.

Might the real reason for Cox’s purge be to eliminate the man the board would think of as LaPierre’s successor so that any directors thinking of asking LaPierre to step down would have to worry that there was no replacement at hand?

LaPierre has never made anyone his deputy, so there’s no one to step into his shoes if something happens. That may not be a coincidence.

People Of The State Of New York Plaintiff, -Against- The National Rifle Association, Inc.

About NRA in Danger

We are a group of NRA members, all life or above, who are concerned about where our organization is being taken. In 2019, the 150-year-old NRA, the oldest civil rights organization in the country, was rocked by scandals, financial and others. The members deserve the truth, and we will do our imperfect best to give it to them.

We can be contacted at: NRAlifer -at- protonmail.com Visit nraindanger.wordpress.com for additional updates.

NRA in Danger Logo

Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Nanashi

Can’t wait for this controlled opposition fake gun rights organization to fail.

Last edited 8 months ago by Nanashi
nrringlee

Had the leadership of NRA taken the threat seriously, thirty years ago, of being incorporated in New York state we would not be having these problems.

USMC0351Grunt

Realize that the NRA does nothing more than lobby for things we already have. It’s no different than the feminist movement where women were demanding, “equality” that they already had, they just failed to EXCERCISE THEIR RIGHTS and USE THE LAWS ALREADY IN PLACE! Had the NRA members arisen from their dead asses and DEMANDED of the “Leadership” rather than sit back honoring them, perhaps THAT would have been accomplished.

Last edited 8 months ago by USMC0351Grunt
Henry Bowman

Just bury the NRA already!! The corpse has been rotting for years!
The sooner we do this, the sooner we can move on.

Knute Knute

Which is exactly why it has already dragged on and on for years, and with no end in sight. The antis, and also the NRA, profit greatly from the current system, and all of them want it to continue forever.

USMC0351Grunt

If the NRA was worth a damn, they would have aligned to save Remington and any other big-name manufacturer that was in trouble and attempt to save them as well as get on board to defend any and ALL NRA members that were facing legal issues over gun rights and issues..

Henry Bowman

EXACTLY!! I wish I could upvote this 1000 times!!

Wild Bill

All the money was already sent to other pre-designated pockets

Watch um

WI I give up, as a life member of the NRA I will not donate anymore.
I am 79 and in very poor health with terminal lung disease.
It’s a shame that the NRA may very well die before I die

Stag

It should have died a hundred years ago before it could do all the damage it’s done.

Russn8r

It’s good NRA will die b4 you as it’s run by corrupt traitors. Others will defend 2A instead of betraying us. God bless you.

Last edited 8 months ago by Russn8r
Russn8r

Wow. WB’s such a treasonous B ! t c h he’ll even dv a blessing to a dying man.

Last edited 8 months ago by Russn8r
Wild Bill

Unworthy of comment.

Russn8r

Yet true.

buzzsaw

Through their own improprieties they have delivered themselves into the hands of their enemies.

The gun club I belong to has disaffiliated itself from the NRA. There are several reasons, but notably, renewals of NRA memberships through the club are supposed to result in the club getting a commission. According to our treasurer, the commission checks from the NRA have been bouncing, costing the club bank fees.

Fergie

I think many of us would re-join the NRA if LeParrie was gone! They send me a renewal and I write “get rid of LeParrie”!!! He stole from us and he’ll do it again! I will always be a GOA member!! No compromise!!!! I like that.

Last edited 8 months ago by Fergie
Wild Bill

Yeah, I’d give the NRA a chance again, too, if LaPierre were gone, the rules that kept him in power were gone, and the organization started doing Second Amendment defense work again.

Russn8r

Even with the corrupt 76-clown rubber-stamp board of “directors” in place?

Stag

Why would I give my money to a organization who has negotiated my rights away for decades before Wayne was there?

JH1961

I will renew my NRA membership when the Board of Directors decides to listen to demands for LaPierre’s ouster. IIRC, LaPierre has admitted to ‘not being a gun owner’. How can one fight for something they don’t believe in?

JPM

I wonder how many of LaPierre’s disingenuous toadies make up the, “NRA in Danger” herd?

Russn8r

None. Where are you getting that BS? Go to their website before smearing.

Last edited 8 months ago by Russn8r
Robert B Young, MD

That’s the best theory yet about why Chris Cox got canned. He was Wayne’s right-hand man until the moment he wasn’t. Can’t imagine him actively participating in any plot to sabotage Wayne, but can imagine paranoia leading to suspecting that. All said, Chris would have (could still become?) a far more telegenic & popular leader for NRA. He has the common touch & knows how to make friends instead of enemies.

Chuck

Been a Patron Lifer too long to just walk away, but I’ll be damned if I send them anymore shekels until the organization has a high colonic to flush the schitt out.
I spend most of my time working with the State NRA Grassroots movement.

To be honest, now that I’m retired and on a fixed income, I get awful tired of the solicitations from all the various 2A groups. Worse than Moonies at the airports, always with their hands out.

SilverEagle

I’m a life member of the NRA and have participated in Friends of NRA. I no longer donate to the organization nor support Friends of NRA, and won’t until LaParrie is gone as well as a change in the senior management of the organization. It is a corrupt organization with corrupt leadership. I have questioned the accounting of Friends of NRA and have yet to get a satisfactory answer to where the money that is transferred to the NRA goes, how it is distributed, what are the fees charged by the organization from the fundraising events.

Mikial

My wife and I both continue to be members of the NRA and to participate in all the political action alerts they provide. Nothing would make the Liberal Constitution haters happier than seeing the NRA dissolve and I refuse to give them that satisfaction. On the other hand, WLP needs to go. He has clearly violated both his fiduciary responsibility and the trust of the embers. Even if he hadn’t, it would still be appropriate for him to step aside in order to avoid the damage he is doing to the NRA and put the brakes on the entire episode.… Read more »

Russn8r

Doesn’t smell like STRIKE GROUP REAGAN(!) to me, except they want to save NRA, a foolish goal I’m done donating to. NRA in Danger constantly trashes hell out of corrupt Brewer, LaPew, Hammer, their corrupt rubber-stamp board et ilk, which Harold Pouty Mouth never does.

Last edited 8 months ago by Russn8r
Felixd

What branch of the Socialist Democrat party wrote this? It’s reminiscent of the false flag operations run by DOJ. The greater the attack the more obvious that stories like this are meant to pick the emotional scabs off of anyone who assumes life would be better if successful people fail.

Wild Bill

It is kind of unusual that there is no author named.

Terry

WB;
Go look at the link to the website. It gets more unusual.

Wild Bill

Wow, there was all kinds of people draining NRA funds. Wayne could not have thought of all that by himself.
Maybe the NY attorney general is doing us a favor in an adverse way.

Russn8r

How much of our money does LaPierre pay Brewer to pay you?