Supreme Court Rules for Gun Rights
If you live in Chicago, go out and buy yourself a handgun today because the ban has been lifted.
Washington, DC –-(Ammoland.com)- A historic United States Supreme Court ruling just came down today!!!
The Supreme Court has ruled that the Second Amendment does apply – also known as incorporation – to state and local governments.
The right to keep and bear arms is a FUNDAMENTAL right and Chicago and other cities cannot ban the ownership of handguns!!!
Here are some links for you!!
- The actual decision: www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf
- CNN: news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/28/court-rules-for-gun-rights-strikes-down-chicago-handgun-ban/
- Fox: liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/06/28/high-courts-big-ruling-for-gun-rights/
- MSNBC: www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37972148/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
- Chicago Tribune: www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/06/united-states-supreme-court-scotus-gun-control-rifle-ban-chicago-police-mayor-richard-daley-nra-second-2nd-amendment.html
If you live in Chicago, go out and buy yourself a handgun today because the ban has been lifted. Daley will surely put new restrictions in place, but as of right now his ban has been lifted!!!
ICarry.org will keep you informed as more information becomes available, and we will be releasing our own analysis of the decision which applies the Heller decision to all 50 states.
Today we celebrate victory in the highest court.