For Outdoor Lifestyle Industry Company NBFog Inc It’s Been a Year of Milestones
NBFog Goes Back to SHOT Show in Las Vegas Where It All Began One Year Ago SHOT Show 2011.
AUSTIN, Texas –-(Ammoland.com)- It’s been a very busy year for NBFog Inc., brand-building specialists for the Outdoor Lifestyle industry.
Last January at the 2010 SHOT Show in Las Vegas, the seasoned executive management team launched a licensing, distribution, brand building marketing agency to help Outdoor Lifestyle companies better reach the $1 trillion outdoor marketplace.
“Not only do our clients recognize the need for licensing, distribution and brand building assistance, but our investors have provided overwhelming validation by giving us the monetary tools to get the job done.”
Since then, NBFog has successfully secured more than a dozen premiere partners and clients; completed a bridge loan investment; became the agency of record for several outdoor lifestyle companies; nabbed lead biologists Jeremy and Emily Flinn; created the Buckscore Wildlife Management Division; got the attention of an award-winning outdoor writer and TV host; and added another avid outdoorsman and proven businessman to its board of directors.
“NBFog specializes in finding Outdoor Lifestyle companies or individuals that need licensing, distribution or brand building assistance. The Outdoor Lifestyle industry is a $1 trillion marketplace and hunters are a huge part of that market,” said Randy Russell, COO and CFO. “We feel that our team of seasoned professionals can develop and implement strategic plans to take our clients’ products and services to the next level of success.”
Highlights of the year include:
- Becomes parent company of Buckscore. Buckscore is a 2-D to 3-D software program used to estimate antler size from trail camera buck photos or any digital photograph, developed by registered wildlife biologist and then Mississippi State University wildlife graduate student Jeremy Flinn, now Buckscore’s general manager. A Rocky Mountain Edition, allowing users to score both mule deer and elk, is coming in late 2011 or early 2012.
- Endorsed by outdoor legend Jim Shockey. The award-winning outdoor personality, wildlife photographer/videographer, wilderness guide and outfitter is an internationally known, world record-holding outdoorsman and host of “Jim Shockey’s Hunting Adventures.” Shockey will be promoting Buckscore in personal appearances and on his television show which airs on the Outdoor Channel and Wild TV Hunting and Fishing Channel, his website and the Jim Shockey Professionals Club. “I could have saved myself a lot frustration over the years if I had BuckscoreTM. The fact that you can score a deer from a picture and know the result is accurate is a dream come true for any outdoorsman.”
- Hunts down registered wildlife biologist Emily Flinn and creates Buckscore Wildlife Management. Buckscore Wildlife Management is a science-based, wildlife and habitat management company run by Emily Flinn that assists landowners, lease holders and hunt clubs in reaching their hunting, habitat and wildlife management objectives. Flinn conducts a variety of wildlife and habitat services, including GIS mapping, seminars, land accreditation, captive deer consulting and innovative camera surveys.
- Becomes co-owner and management team of Foxy Huntress. The premier maker of designer hunting and outdoor apparel for women will launch a revamped product line this year, incorporating new product categories and an additional camouflage pattern. “Women represent the largest potential growth area in the hunting, fishing and adventure markets, and having appropriate clothing that fits and functions well is important to them,” said Mike Callahan, NBFog CEO.
- Becomes Agency of Record for: Camo Gourmet, gourmet dishes made from wild fish and game by celebrity chef, hunter, guide and contributing columnist for The Outdoor Channel, Tommy Le Vesseur; Final Approach, complete line of waterfowl gear for the ’fowler; Hoppe’s, the worldwide leader in firearm cleaning and protection since 1903; Long Leaf Camouflage, functional and durable camouflage developed with the hunter in mind; and Strike King Lure, the number one spinnerbait company in the world.
- Establishes marketing alliance with Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. NBFog will help the non-profit conservation organization with an array of licensing agreements, sponsorship management and other marketing support to generate funding for habitat conservation.
- Teams up with Pennington Seed. Jeremy Flinn will travel with Pennington agronomists to educate hunters about food plot seed, Buckscore Wildlife Management and BuckscoreTM whitetail deer technology so they can grow bigger deer.
- Bushnell Outdoor Products promotes BuckscoreTM with its Trophy Cam Trail Camera. The Bushnell Trophy Cam has quickly become one of the most popular trail cameras since it was introduced in 2009. Select models will include a free BuckscoreTM Lite software program.
- Names Hugh Sanderson to Board of Directors. Sanderson worked with Sanderson Farms Inc. for 22 years, the last 15 years in sales and customer relations. He was instrumental to the company’s growth to its current $1.06 billion market capitalization and served on its Board of Directors. A lifelong outdoorsman, Sanderson also has 10 years experience in wildlife management.
- Completes first round bridge investment. The July bridge round investment allowed NBFog to focus on executing the business plan, while continuing to deliver value to its clients and investors. “Despite challenging economic times, our investors recognize the wealth of opportunities in the Outdoor Lifestyle industry. This tells us we are on the right track,” said Russell. “Not only do our clients recognize the need for licensing, distribution and brand building assistance, but our investors have provided overwhelming validation by giving us the monetary tools to get the job done.”
According to Southwick Associates, the total economic impact of the outdoor marketplace is approaching $1 trillion. This Outdoor Lifestyle economy touches more than 8 percent of America’s personal consumption expenditures – more than 1 in every 12 dollars circulating in the economy today.
“NBFog understands the significance of this economic impact and the success of our clients plays a vital role in this statistic,” Callahan said. “We look forward to the continued partnerships we are building and the future of NBFog Inc.”
For more information about services offered by NBFog, visit www.NBFog.com.
NBFog is a multi-discipline company focused on brand building, sales management outsourcing, technology/media management and business process outsourcing for the Outdoor Lifestyle community. NBFog is focusing its strategies and activities, initially, toward companies in the Hunting, Fishing, Shooting Sports, Camping and other Active Outdoor Recreation industries that desire to extend their brands beyond their current product offerings and/or abilities.
NBFog will direct management of these brands by offering a full complement of services such as brand extension strategies (roadmaps), brand licensing, category management, distribution strategies, media/marketing management, contracts, licensing operations, royalty accountability and audits, relationship database management, license renewals, brand demand generation, etc. NBFog may work with their clients more deeply by offering capital in return for equity, structured debt, supply chain and corporate advisory services. Such services include multimedia management, information technology support, human resources and benefits, accounting/bookkeeping and executive coaching.
NBFog clients include Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Hoppe’s, Long Leaf Camo, Strike-King, Phunware, Camo Gourmet, Final Approach, Foxy Huntress, Mississippi State University, BuckscoreTM and a joint marketing venture with Bushnell Outdoor Products.
NBFog Inc. is based in Austin, Texas with offices in Salt Lake City, Utah and Oxford, Mississippi.