Colorado –-(Ammoland.com)- On Tuesday, Democrat House Speaker Mark Ferrandino, Senate President John Morse and their friends from the anti-gun lobby unmasked their gun control agenda before a packed media audience.
Exploiting victims of the Aurora Theatre shooting as their props, these politicians detailed a radical plan to strip Coloradans of our Second Amendment rights.
The following eight anti-gun bills have been introduced and are only waiting bill numbers and committee assignments:
- The so-called “Assault Weapons responsibility act” – Would make gun manufacturers and licensed dealers liable for any crime committed with a firearm they made or sold.
- “High Capacity Magazine” Ban – Limit the size of the magazines in firearms.
- Campus Carry Ban – Restrict honest law-abiding adults from concealing a weapon to protect themselves while on college campuses.
- Mass & mandatory Brady Registration checks on all gun purchases – Expanding Brady registration checks to include private gun sales, to make sure government knows who owns which firearm (the precursor to full-fledged firearm confiscation).
- Government oversight of personal mental health records − Requiring mental health professionals to allow access to client’s personal health records.
- Restrict Firearm Access for People Accused of Domestic Violence – Block gun sales to persons involved in domestic violence prior to being found guilty.
- Forced Additional Training Requirements to Obtain Concealed Handgun Permit – Forcing more government regulated training requirements prior to being considered for a concealed handgun permit.
- Tax Increases for Gun Purchases to Cover Brady Registration check – Forcing gun owners to pay a tax to cover the Brady Registration check on all firearm purchases.
All of these bills were touted as a total package, and even the sponsors admit they might not do much – and certainly wouldn't have prevented any of the recent shootings.
A split second after the anti-gun dog-and-pony show, I was able to announce a press conference of our own.
Here’s a short bit of just some of the coverage:
Fortunately, we’ve been working overtime on our plan to stop theses anti-gun proposals dead in their tracks.
The bad news is a number of groups you would expect to be pro-gun are hell bent on compromising our right to keep and bear arms.
Even the NRA’s President, David Keene (who publicly endorsed the Brady Registration system, signaling to politicians across the country that an expansion of the Brady system is approved by the NRA), is sitting down with Governor Hickenlooper Today.
Let’s hope he doesn’t give away the entire farm, because I’m darn sure not going to agree to any of the compromises they scheme up. We’re going to oppose ALL of these gun controls.
But that’s not easy, and we may not have much time.
In fact, if gun owners are going to defeat the left’s anti-gun agenda, pro-gun Coloradan’s like you and me have to act NOW!
And send a link to this article out to everyone you know in Colorado who values freedom.
Finally, we’ll be contacting you in the days ahead with opportunities to work in legislative districts around the state to defeat this legislation.
It’s going to take an all of the above approach to protect our Second Amendment rights. Can I count on your support?For Freedom, Dudley Brown
Based in Colorado, Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is Colorado's largest state-based gun lobby. It is a group solely dedicated to the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Our strategy is simple: don't give an inch. Visit: www.rmgo.org