Company Expands M&P Pistol Line and Adds New Hunting Options From T/C and Performance Center by Smith & Wesson
Springfield, MA -(Ammoland.com)- Smith & Wesson Corp. announced today that the company has expanded its award-winning line of professionally engineered M&P Series firearms with new offerings for 2015.
Designed to accommodate the needs of the growing number of participants within the personal defense and shooting sports markets, the new M&P models further expand Smith & Wesson’s lineup of high quality, purpose driven firearms. The company has also added a new Smith & Wesson J-Frame revolver designed for concealed carry as well as broadened its lineup of hunting-based firearms from the Performance Center and Thompson/Center Arms brands.
“As the premier trade convention in the industry, SHOT Show always provides an exciting time for our company,” said James Debney, President and CEO of Smith & Wesson. “This year we have expanded our product offerings with several new models geared toward personal-protection and recreational shooting. Consumers will find some exciting new choices within our award-winning line of professionally designed M&P firearms as well as new hunting firearms that we have added to our Performance Center and Thompson/Center Arms brands. We are excited about the new year as we remain committed to developing new products that deliver exceptional value and benefit to our diverse customer base.”
M&P9 and M&P45 Threaded Barrel Kits:
- Smith & Wesson is now offering two versions of its popular M&P pistol with an additional threaded barrel included in the box. Both the full-size M&P9 and M&P45 pistols will be shipped with an extra threaded barrel, allowing users to easily add sound suppressors to their personal firearms where legal. The 9mm pistol features a thread pattern of 1/2″-28-2A while the .45 ACP pistol thread pattern is .578″-28-2A. The M&P9 and M&P45 pistols retain original design features including a durable, lightweight polymer frame, reinforced with a rigid stainless steel chassis and a through-hardened black corrosion resistant finish on the stainless-steel barrel and slide.
M&P Shield with Green Crimson Trace Laser:
- The highly sought after M&P Shield pistol is now offered by Smith & Wesson with a factory-installed green Laserguard laser sight from Crimson Trace. Slim, lightweight and concealable, the M&P Shield has been enhanced for personal protection with the addition of a powerful laser for daytime and nighttime use.
M&P9 and M&P40 Pistols with Flat Dark Earth Frame or Carbon Fiber Finish:
- At the request of discerning shooters, select models of the M&P pistol will now be offered with a flat dark earth frame or carbon fiber finish. The M&P9 and M&P40 full-size and compact pistols are among the first models available with new finish options.
Smith & Wesson Revolvers
Model 642 with LaserMax:
- Since its introduction, the Smith & Wesson J-Frame revolver has become one of the most popular small frame revolvers ever produced. Selected as a trusted backup gun for law enforcement professionals and commonly carried by thousands of licensed permit holders, the J-Frame has amassed decades of reliable use. For 2015, Smith & Wesson is offering one of its most well-liked Centennials, the Model 642, with a factory installed LaserMax CenterFire sighting system. The new Model 642 with LaserMax enables positive target acquisition and enhances accuracy in low-light conditions.
Performance Center Model 460XVR Bone Collector:
- The Performance Center by Smith & Wesson is offering big-bore enthusiasts and handgun hunters the opportunity to own a new X-Frame model built in collaboration with Professional Hunter Michael Waddell – the S&W460XVRÔ Bone Collector. This new-age hunting revolver, with its two-tone finish, 7.5-inch barrel and five-round capacity cylinder, is capable of harvesting any big-game animal in North America. Embodying the look, feel and attitude of Waddell’s popular television show, “The Bone Collector,” airing on The Outdoor Channel, the newest Performance Center X-Frame is available in a limited edition run of 1,500 revolvers.
T/C Encore Pro Hunter Complete Pistol and Rifle Systems:
- For 2015, Thompson/Center Arms is excited to re-introduce one of the most prevalent single-shot hunting rifles ever made – the T/C Encore Pro Hunter. Now available as a fully complete firearm, today’s hunter can select either a T/C Encore Pro Hunter pistol or rifle to add to his or her hunting collection. The new T/C Encore Pro Hunter is available in .243, .30-06, or .308 as a complete rifle or chambered in .223 or .308 as a pistol. The interchangeable firearm system is fully supported with accessory stocks and barrels ranging from .204 to .500 S&W Magnum along with additional shotgun, slug and muzzleloader barrels. The one-of-a-kind break-open platform is truly a gun for all seasons, allowing owners to customize the firearm to match their individual and hunting preferences.
About Smith & Wesson
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC) is a U.S.-based leader in firearm manufacturing and design, delivering a broad portfolio of quality firearms, related products and training to the consumer, law enforcement, and military markets. The company’s brands include Smith & Wesson, M&P and Thompson/Center Arms. Smith & Wesson facilities are located in Massachusetts and Maine. For more information on Smith & Wesson, call (800) 331-0852 or log on to www.smith-wesson.com.