Walther PPQ .45 ACP Pistol ~ a New Caliber

Walther PPQ .45 ACP
Walther PPQ .45 ACP
Walther Arms
Walther Arms

FORT SMITH, Ark. –-(Ammoland.com)- New to the Walther line of legendary pistols is the PPQ .45 ACP.

Designed for personal protection and recreational shooting, this .45 represents the pinnacle of German craftsmanship.

The gun is equipped with the Carl Walther signature quick defense trigger, which improves accuracy and allows for precise follow up shots. The PPQ .45 is fashioned with the traditional front and rear slide serrations for superior handling during use, and features fully ambidextrous controls like all PPQ models.

The PPQ .45 is without equal in the striker fired polymer framed centerfire pistol market. Like all other PPQ models the trigger is a crisp 5.6 lbs. making it the best out of the box trigger in the industry.

This new .45 houses three separate safeties helping make it a truly capable and safe handling firearm when being used on the range or when carried concealed. Accessories can easily be mounted on the mil-spec Picatinny rail. The overall length is 7.4 inches, a magazine capacity of 12 rounds, and a polygonal rifled 4.25 inch barrel which is an upgrade from the traditional button rifling process.

Cyndi Flannigan, Walther Arms’ Vice President of Sales and Marketing says of the new pistol, “We are excited to bring a .45 Auto to the Walther line. This new caliber and product offering is a benchmark for Walther and the PPQ,” says Flannigan.

“We have built it to the same exacting German standards that deliver the ultimate home defense and personal protection firearm.”

Adding the .45 caliber to the Walther handgun line expresses Walther’s dedication to continued innovation and expansion in the fast growing personal protection industry. The PPQ .45 ACP will hit the market and be available in retail stores on October 1st, 2015.

Walther has earned the trust of law enforcement professionals, recreational shooters, and athletes through its line of reliable pistols, competition guns and tactical rimfire replicas. Walther Arms manufactures and markets firearms of various calibers ranging from .22 to .45.

www.waltherarms.com

Walther PPQ .45 ACP
Walther PPQ .45 ACP
rafael
rafael

hey steve, U still living in communist NEW JERSEY, here in HOUSTON, TX…. you can go to LGS , fill the 4473, wait 10 minutes , paid for it, and take it home or gun-range, whatever make U happy

Steve
Steve

I own aPPQ 9mm and I love it. I had the opportunity to shoot the .45ACP version and was very impressed. They feel about the same in your hand and the triggers are amazing. They are so close in appearance and size to the eye that when I was loading mags for the .45, I found myself picking up the wrong pistol. I own a 1911 and I am figuring on adding the PPQ .45 as soon as the state of New Jersey processes my permit application- takes 3 months.

Ron conrad
Ron conrad

Retail sales locations in the Denton /McKinney area of Noth Texas ?

Tom
Tom

To Mike. The Walther PPQ M2 45 has (3) separate safeties. 1st one- Trigger Bar Safety/ 2nd- Strike Safety/ 3rd-Drop Safety. A good Walther PPQ 45 gun video on YouTube to watch is on “Kentucky Gun Co.” They show these safeties.

Mike
Mike

I have both a 22 and a 9 Walther and love the way they feel and shoot. I got a price on the new PPQ today of $670. could be on sale Black Friday. I’m not sure by what they mean “that it has three separate safeties”? ANY ANSWERS?

Marty Stanhibel
Marty Stanhibel

Walthers Arkansas manufacturing plans can be read here:

Mike Kellermeyer
Mike Kellermeyer

I would imagine this will come out in a long slide version. Love to see it in 5″ or 5.25″ with green or red fiber optic sights mounted in steel inserts with a black, no dot just serrations on the rear sight. Price wouldn’t matter, I’d own one. Love my PPQ-M2. First one out the barrel is always sooner than expected!

paul
paul

MSRP is 995, I have seen it for 765

Mike Crognale
Mike Crognale

Anyone heard a ballpark price for that pistol?

Desert
Desert

Since when is .45 ACP a new calibur?

roughwater
roughwater
Reply to  Desert

The 45 ACP is not of course a new caliber, it’s just new to the Walther PPQ line of handguns. I have a 9 mil PPQ 5″ and really like it. Very reliable, Accurate, super trigger and it just feels perfect in the hand. I think it’s lonely for it’s long lost 45 brother so I might have to adopt one of these in the future.

Thomas Fowler
Thomas Fowler

May we see an article where this is wrung out fairly? at a distance of 25 yds, not seven…ballistics, too, esp. with standard loadings, like hardball 230 gr.

Thanks…12 rd capacity is eye-opening.

Uncle
Uncle

This is great, have been thinking they should add a .45 to their lineup.

On another note I see some fibs here;
Smith & Wesson used to be the US distributor for Walther, they no longer are.
Walther utilizes one factory and it is in Germany, their guns are not US made.
The location in Arkansas is their US distributor/Counterpart…Walther Arms, Inc.
Walther produces rimfire firearms for a handful of companies.

Clark Kent
Clark Kent

Walther is owned by Smith & Wesson.

Phil
Phil
Reply to  Clark Kent

Negative

.45
.45
Reply to  Clark Kent

Is isn’t owned by S&W anymore. It used to be.

BHP Shooter
BHP Shooter
Reply to  Clark Kent

Walther was NEVER “owned” by S&W. S&W was the *importer* of Walther firearms after Interarms folded.

Never made sense to me, since Walther’s products (P99, PPQ) were/are in direct competition with S&W’s (the M&P line).

Walther now has its own importer, Walther Arms, based out of Fort Smith, Arkansas.

Jan
Jan

Would love to read as well for comparison between this and the M&P45/M&P45c and Glock21 Gen4 .45 line up. Specifications head to head also.

Roy Wilt
Roy Wilt

I refuse to Buy a Gun from a Country or State that refuses to allow it’s citizens the right to Own Guns

michael adams
michael adams
Reply to  Roy Wilt

It’s made in Fort Smith Arkansas, not Germany or Austria, even so those countries are better than a lot of Western Europe as far as firearms rights go.

Joe Grine
Joe Grine
Reply to  michael adams

The Walther PPQ 45 is manufactured in Ulm, West Germany. You can see the West German (Ulm) Proof House Marks on the pistol. The Fort Smith Arkansas location is the HQ of Walther USA, which is the importer and distributor.

JOHN ALBRIGHT
JOHN ALBRIGHT
Reply to  Joe Grine

I toured the Walther factory in Ulm in 1967. Fired on indoor ranges. Purchased a PPSport 22 cal through the Army gun club.

2A
2A
Reply to  Roy Wilt

Educate yourself. The Germans and Austrians own guns. A lot of them.

TheTranc
TheTranc
Reply to  Roy Wilt

Germans DO own A LOT of firearms.

frank monagas
frank monagas
Reply to  Roy Wilt

Ignorant statement. German citizens own firearms and enjoy the shooting sports very much, I was stationed there 5 years and enjoyed going to their (West Germany at the time) shooting ranges.

David kidd
David kidd

WOW!!!!!

antony field
antony field

Would love to see it with thw m1 paddle release.