Roseville, CA -(AmmoLand.com)- Next Tuesday, there will be 9 anti-gun bills heard in various committees; the most we have seen this year.
It is a phenomenon that we can only describe as GunMegeddon.
In order to survive, we need you to get on the phones, get on your keyboards and get active for the next 7 days. First up is AB 2607, by Assemblymember Phil Ting (D-San Francisco), which seeks to expand the scope of the recently enacted unconstitutional gun violence restraining orders.
If you don't remember them, they cause California gun owners to face a loss of their Second Amendment gun rights and confiscation of their firearms without prior warning if a family member or law enforcement officer requests a gun violence restraining order.
That obviously wasn't enough for the anti-gun elitists. AB 2607 allows an employer, a coworker, a mental health worker who has seen the person as a patient, or an employee of a secondary or postsecondary school that the person has attended to file for a gun violence restraining order.
If this law were to pass, your boss, your coworkers or your anti-gun, indoctrinating professor could strip away your Second Amendment rights.
In order to stop this we need you to fight this bill today!
HOW TO FIGHT:
1. Sign the petition opposing AB 2607
2. CALL the author of the bill and ask that he pull the bill from the hearing. It is a ludicrous idea; one that needs to go away
3. CALL the Assemblymembers listed below — ask them to vote NO on AB 2607
4. Share this email and help us get the word out — time is of the essence
SIGN THE PETITION HERE
AUTHOR: Asm. Phil Ting (D – San Francisco).
WHAT IT DOES: AB 2607 allows an employer, a coworker, a mental health worker who has seen the person as a patient, or an employee of a secondary or postsecondary school that the person has attended to file for a gun violence restraining order.
LOCATION: Assembly Public Safety Committee.
STATUS: AB 2607 will be voted on next Tuesday April 19th. If passed, it will head to the Assembly Appropriations Committee.
CALL THE AUTHOR AND ASK HIM TO REMOVE THE BILL FROM THE HEARING… AGAIN!
- Asm. Phil Ting – (916) 319-2019
CALL THESE ASSEMBLYMEMBERS NOW!
It takes less than 3 minutes to help us fight this bill. Call every one of these Assembly members and ask them to “vote no on AB 2607.”
- Asm. Reggie Jones-Sawyer – (916) 319-2059
- Asm. Melissa Melendez – (916) 319-2067
- Asm. Tom Lackey – (916) 319-2036
- Asm. Patty Lopez – (916) 319-2039
- Asm. Evan Low – (916) 319-2028
- Asm. Bill Quirk – (916) 319-2020
- Asm. Miguel Santiago – (916) 319-2053
About the Firearms Policy Coalition:
Firearms Policy Coalition is a grassroots 501(c)4 nonprofit public benefit organization. FPC’s mission is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, especially the fundamental, individual Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
For more information, visit: www.firearmspolicy.org.