Saint Paul, MN -(AmmoLand.com)- My heart was heavy yesterday when I saw the news about the tragedy in Orlando. Like many of you, I have close friends and family members that are LGBTQ – including my college roommate who lives in Florida.
Fortunately, he was safe, but many others perished in yesterday’s tragedy – the worst loss of life in a terrorist attack on United States soil since September 11th.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families today.
However, even before the end of the day yesterday, anti-gun politicians began pushing the same old tired gun control strategies of the 1990s:
- “Assault Weapon” bans – banning many modern sporting and hunting rifles
- Arbitrary magazine restrictions – limiting you to 3, 7, or 10 rounds
- Waiting periods
We’re obviously gearing up for an election season where the issue of protecting the Second Amendment is going to be front and center.
Here are 6 things you can do today to protect the Second Amendment in Minnesota:
- Join or Give: Your generous donation will support our activities by pressuring anti-gun lawmakers and protecting our allies, mobilizing grassroots supporters, and more.
- If you haven’t joined the Caucus, sign up today for an annual, founding, or sustaining membership.
- If you’ve joined the Caucus already, consider an additional donation or becoming a monthly recurring donor.
- If you’d prefer to directly support candidates, donate to the Minnesota Gun Owners PAC.
- For a tax-deductible donation option, donate to our support fund to assist with our gun safety education programs and scholarships or become a monthly recurring donor to the support fund.
- Contact your local MN State Senate & State Representative Candidates: Ask them to ensure that they complete the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus 2016 Candidate Survey before the June 22nd Deadline.
- Call and write your Congressman or Congresswoman: Let them know that you stand opposed to new gun control measures.
- Find your Congressman’s contact information at House.gov through this link.
- Sign up as a Volunteer: We need your help. Sign up to get involved locally or online with the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus. Learn what you can do as a volunteer to help protect your constitutional rights.
- Call and write your Senators: Let them know that you stand opposed to new gun control measures.
- Wear your Support: Show your support for the 2nd Amendment and “Real Gunsense” with buttons from the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and PAC. Visit our online store to purchase items.
This is a start – we likely have a very rough road ahead of us as the election season heats up. We can surely use your help in the days ahead.
We’re fortunate to have strong supporters like you on our side. I look forward to victory in November!
Yours in Liberty,
About Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus:
The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus is a non-partisan, single-issue Minnesota nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to the full restoration of firearms freedoms in Minnesota. The Caucus is a IRS recognized 501(c)(4) organization.
Learn more at http://gunowners.mn.