USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- The Magpul Bipod – Sling Stud QD is the next offering in the Magpul bipod line. Able to mount on the Uncle Mike’s® Sling Swivel Stud that’s common to nearly every sporting rifle made, the Magpul Bipod – Sling Stud QD is the strongest, most fully featured bipod available with direct sling stud mounting.
Magpul Sling Stud QD Bipod
With its rapid-attach sling stud mounting system, the Sling Stud QD bipod takes the effort out of aligning and tightening that comes with traditional sling stud-mount bipods. The stainless-steel mounting system self-locates and aligns perfectly every time, and an ergonomic thumbwheel allows for excellent grip to ensure easy tightening. Additionally, two sizes of non-marring, high-durometer rubber mounting gaskets are provided to ensure optimized fit and load distribution on narrow sporter-contour or wider target-style forends. The ability to mount a sling with standard locking sling swivels on the forend is maintained with a low-profile sling stud on the rear of the Sling Stud QD mount, which also provides for a quick detachment when it’s needed.
Providing the same premium features available in the existing line of Magpul bipods, the Sling Stud QD bipod brings you the high performance associated with higher-priced bipods at a significantly more affordable price. Spring-tensioned, Mil-Spec hard anodized 6061-T6 aluminum and injection-molded, reinforced polymer legs stow neatly forward and snap down and lock into place with one hand. Leg extensions slide and lock securely with the push of a button on any of the seven locking detents extending from 6.6” to 10.0”. An industry-exclusive 50° of total tilt are controlled by a glove-friendly, knurled, tool-less, bipod locking knob located between the extended legs, allowing easy adjustment between shots. A soft rubber bipod locking knob cap is attached to the locking knob, giving users a steady, non-marring forward rest while the bipod is folded. Additionally, its staggered soft rubber feet hold fast on a variety of shooting surfaces and are easily removed with a roll pin punch. Should users choose to change feet, the Sling Stud QD’s legs accept most Atlas-pattern bipod replaceable feet. The streamlined housing and legs fit neatly under the barrel and are just under 2.5” deep and 3.3” wide when folded.
Magpul Sling Stud QD Bipod Features:
• Rapid-attach, self-locating stainless-steel mounting system attaches to Uncle Mike’s Sling Studs on narrow or wide forends, while also providing a quick detachment capability
• High strength reinforced injection-molded polymer, Steel and Mil-Spec hard anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum construction
• (+/-) 25 degrees of tilt about the longitudinal axis of weapon for a total of 50 degrees
• Uncle Mike’s-style sling stud on rear of mounting body
• Rapid leg deployment with efficient single-handed adjustability
• Quiet and positive leg deployment, adjustment and stowage
• Adjustable friction knob for setting tilt and ease of movement
• Individually adjustable leg lengths in 0.5” increments for a total of seven positions
• Removable rubberized feet are compatible with B&T Industries Atlas pattern replaceable feet
• Wide or narrow forends or M1913/M-LOK® adapters using the Uncle Mike’s pattern QD sling stud
Colors: BLK and FDE