New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Exposed by New Evidence in NRA Complaint

Opinion

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Exposed by New Evidence in NRA Complaint

New York – -(AmmoLand.com)- As many people were headed off to celebrate Christmas and the New Year, the NRA dropped a legal bombshell that could have New York Governor Andrew Cuomo trembling. The gun-rights organization has asked to re-open portions of their 2018 lawsuit that had been previously dismissed without prejudice this past May, citing new evidence.

According to a press release, the NRA filed a proposed Second Amended Complaint on December 20th 2019, citing documents provided by Lloyd’s this past June. According to the Memorandum of Law, the documents – and other information – “paint a stark and troubling picture of” the actions taken by the Cuomo regime. These included threats of adverse government action “delivered in off-the-record conversations and surreptitious backroom meetings” unless the company stopped doing business with the NRA.

According to a publicly released version of the Second Amended Complaint, the threats were backed up by fines levied against two insurance companies that did business with the NRA, including its Carry Guard insurance program intended to defray legal expenses from self-defense incidents. The coercion from the Cuomo regime eventually led those companies to sign settlements in which they agreed to cease doing any business with the NRA.

The track record of Andrew Cuomo should be no secret to loyal AmmoLand readers. While serving as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, he encouraged big cities to file lawsuits against firearms manufacturers, using the threat of bankruptcy via massive legal fees to coerce the gun companies to agree to restrictions that were largely rejected in Congress and most state legislatures. Did anyone forget that before the 2000 election, Cuomo had succeeded in forcing Smith and Wesson to accept terms that outraged law-abiding gun owners?

The blog FinRegRag noted in April 2018, “Whatever one thinks of the NRA, it is an organization engaged in legal political speech and advocacy. Cutting off the NRA’s access to financial services could change the political debate by reducing opposition to political efforts to tighten gun laws.” Cuomo admitted as such in an August 2018 tweet, according to a report by FoxNews.com, saying that a bankrupted NRA would be in his “thoughts and prayers.”

The blog went on to call on New York to rescind its campaign, noting that the Cuomo regime’s campaign was inherently aimed at suppressing the political advocacy of the NRA.

As events have shown, Cuomo persisted, showing as much disdain for the First Amendment as he has shown for the Second Amendment over the years.

The NRA hasn’t been the only victim of this campaign to suppress opposition to his agenda: The Cuomo regime also tried to twist securities regulation to attack ExxonMobil over climate change, but saw that case dismissed with prejudice last month. That ruling means New York cannot re-try the case – contrast that decision with the fact that the NRA’s selective enforcement claim was dismissed without prejudice in May.

“People were not only crossing the lines that are appropriately drawn by our Constitution,” William Brewer, the attorney hired by the NRA to handle the legal case against Cuomo, said to the New York Times magazine, “they were aggressively determined to blur, cross, obliterate those lines.”

The New York Times magazine noted that the Cuomo regime’s campaign has cost the NRA about $40 million in lost income and attorney’s fees in 2019 alone. Imagine how much $40 million could have done to promote the defense of our Second Amendment rights, training people to responsibly exercise their Second Amendment rights, or even training gunsmiths.

The stakes of the NRA’s fight with New York cannot be higher. As William Brewer told the New York Times magazine, “If they could do it to those guys, they could do it to me. They could do it to all of us.”

About Harold Hutchison

Writer Harold Hutchison has more than a dozen years of experience covering military affairs, international events, U.S. politics and Second Amendment issues. Harold was consulting senior editor at Soldier of Fortune magazine and is the author of the novel Strike Group Reagan. He has also written for the Daily Caller, National Review, Patriot Post, Strategypage.com, and other national websites.

StWayne
StWayne
6 months ago

I will still never understand why the people of New York continue allow their 2A rights to be subjugated by these minor political figures when they only ever have their own personal political interests in mind. Why is it that a state can be allowed to take away, what our forefathers and the Creator bestowed upon us: the right to keep and bears a right that shall not be infringed because everyone has the innate right to defend themselves and the families. The should fight to get these rights “re-installed” because they belong to you, as well the tyrant.

Finnky
Finnky
6 months ago
Reply to  StWayne

@StWayne – It is much like a feudal system. Arbitrary – all powerful – government accepting no real input from its subjects. An individual has so little control, that they simply shrug and learn how to work around the law. If something is illegal, they just hide it rather than stopping.

Does not appear to me that they make any effort to act as government by the people – they are simply a government over the people. No respect for rule-of-law, just depend upon rule by force. and intimidation.

I Hate Andrew Cuomo
I Hate Andrew Cuomo
8 months ago

Andrew Cuomo is a socialist buttmunch bent on the sabotage of America.
He needs to go, along with all his stupid laws that have no relationship with right and wrong.

Ej harbet
Ej harbet
8 months ago

A good thing about coumo is you know what you get.you look at him and you can see the evil seething.
He has to have one hell of a fraud machine keeping him in office because i cant see how a majority could elect such a dirtbag!

9 months ago

NRA should sue Cuomo in his private capacity taking all he owns, including monies given him for his future campaigns so he can never run for political office ever again. Also, as a stipulation have him sign an agreement which points to his desire to undermine the Constitution, if not in NYS alone, then as a future POTUS< or senate, or congressional candidate.

9 months ago

NRA is its own worst enemy. Besides abandoning places that really need their aid, they fund raise like nobodies business accepting pennies on the dollar from those who raise the funds for them. Also, I have personally laid on Wayne, and his pal Gottlieb, two court rulings which could have got the Pistol Permit laws overturned in the courts, but they have not used them, and other legal avenues to do such. They have, instead, pursued PP’s in states that didn’t have them. NY’s S.A.F.E. law was used to totally abandon NYS as gun owners in the state failed to… Read more »

Bill
Bill
9 months ago

What are the laws that have been violated by him?

Reply to  Bill

First Amendment, Second Amendment, Fifth Amendment, Ninth Amendment, attempts to violate the Interstate Commerce clause which is reserved under the Constitution for the Federal government (Though also highly abused by them and the courts).

There are more, but that is just to name a few. A better question is why are you asking what you did here? What purpose did you have asking it, and what are your intentions going forward?

Littlejohn1411
Littlejohn1411
9 months ago

Thanks for your personal thoughts on the nra without ripping my head off guys I truly appreciate the answers. I’m a patron member and have been for over 15 years, no I never voted In any of their elections and I don’t follow them on the internet. I don’t go near social media like Facebook, Twitter or any other one that’s out there, I feel it’s a problem in society and not worth my time. I do have a few forums I check out for things that interest me and that’s about it. Thanks again…

Reply to  Littlejohn1411

@Stuck in Commie Ct No problem. Genuine questions or asking for thoughts should always receive genuine answers.. No BS. The head tearing is saved for the people intentionally attempting to spread lies, either as agitators stirring up violence, as infiltrators trying to sow confusion through spreading propaganda, or individuals who willfully seek to supplant the truth with their own opinion after said opinion was shot down as a lie by use of evidence. You asked an honest question, so you got honest answers. I personally hope you continue to enjoy coming to Ammoland, whether for articles or commentary. Best wishes,… Read more »

Editor
Reply to  Littlejohn1411

SICC, This is an “engaged” group of commenters, no question. It is also, with some notable exceptions, a very well informed and thoughtful group. Serious discussion is not only always accepted, it is welcomed. Things get noisy when “some people” insist on re-re-restating their disinformation or get just plain nasty.

You have my sympathy, I lived in Guilford for a time. I came in with a permit to carry and a drivers license that allowed anything from 2 wheels to tracks and was refused a permit and given a vanilla drivers license. Good food on the shore, lousy politics.

Littlejohn1411
Littlejohn1411
9 months ago

@Rev, Dave Thanks Rev and Dave, I try not to let our current, infuriating fight for our rights funnel to people that genuinely believe in the fight but like all sometimes opinions can be put down that some may not appreciate. I didn’t think I would be chastised for the question but I know it’s a very sore subject. I have no problem admitting that I’m not as informed as a lot of people in our community and find most posting here are well informed and I learn quite a bit from you guys and gals. Dave, I don’t know… Read more »

Tionico
Tionico
9 months ago

FINALLY a piece of intelligence and value from Harold. Keep these coming.

Exposing the dirty shorts of cretins like Cuomo is a good thing.

KDad
KDad
9 months ago

Cuomo just looks like a scumbag dictator of some third-world country! But hey, I guess he really is!

Degforyou
Degforyou
Reply to  KDad

This Cuomo and his brother on CNN are just alike, corrupt. Both spread Demorats agenda and narcist, fake news.

Longscout
Longscout
9 months ago

People are fragile, frail, and (Wow!) well intentioned. Criticisms of NRA or individual personalities at NRA HQ seem to have won an audience. Not astonishing: we are living in a feeling era as distinct from one that reasons things through. “…will no longer contribute to NRA” is a form of saying “Whew! I finally found an excuse for abandoning giving to the most effective Second Amendment organization that protects MY GUN RIGHTS under that amendment.” Or, in other words, “I’m cheap and expect things for free.” Even though the speaker may acknowledge that there is no free lunch. Remarkable! I… Read more »

RoyD
RoyD
Reply to  Longscout

And you, Longscout, sound like the woman who says: “Things are really looking up, I may still be a whore but at least my pimp doesn’t beat me as often as he used to.”

Rattlerjake
Rattlerjake
Reply to  RoyD

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a perfect analogy!

GunGuy
GunGuy
Reply to  Longscout

I am an NRA Life member ,,Joined during the Billy B.J. AW Ban.. At this time The NRA has Lost My faith ! The actions of Sir Wayne and his spending and worse deceit towards the NRA member has cause this loss of Faith.
When he is gone and the rest of His toadies are gone I will again stand proud of my membership .. At this time I send my money to the SAF and GOA .. !!

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
Reply to  Longscout

LS, you are a wimp. The NRA has f’d us over and you whine for more. I am a life member, and I am very upset with them giving the nod to the bump stock ban and “certain” red flag laws. They were integral in all of the bad legislation that has curtailed our RKBA. If you were awake, you could see that. They wrote or suggested much of the ’34 NFA, and the NRA President at that time stated he did not believe in private citizens’ right to own handguns. Then comes the ’38 FFA, the ’68 GCA, fully… Read more »

9 months ago

Heed…, you forgot their support for the Brady (N.I. C. S.) law, too. Of course, they said they were gong to lose in the congress, so they got the best deal they could. They could have done nothing, gone to court, and gotten the whole thing overturned. Pretty sure as a precept to the congress giving them their way on instant check that they ceded the right to go to court. Shameful.

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
8 months ago
Reply to  2brknot2bfree

Yes, I did forget to mention that. Thanks.

Rattlerjake
Rattlerjake
Reply to  Longscout

Well, Longscout, I may be cheap but I’m not stupid! It should be no doubt to you how leftist voters can keep electing the same worthless dirtbags, considering that you are doing the same with the NRA!

I joined the military in 1975, joined the NRA as a life member a few years later, took another 15 years to finally figure out that the NRA is slowly giving away our gun rights, a little piece at a time. Before joining the NRA, Wayne La Pierre worked for a leftist politician — imagine that!

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Longscout

Longscout… seriously what planet are you writing from? Your “personal behavior” ain’t gonna mean shit if you you keep funding an organization that at this point is undoing the progress that has been made in the gun rights arena. Just like Trump is strangling the Iranian economy with sanctions, we are trying to do the same by withholding donation money until leadership realizes that Wayne is poison and dumps his ass.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Reply to  Longscout

: I’m still giving, my money is now going to groups like SAF and GOA who aren’t wasting my money on trips and wardrobes.

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
9 months ago

Apartments for female college interns too.

Reply to  Longscout

Nobody prevents you from throwing your money out of the window to line the pockets of free freeloaders that have managed to put the scam together that is called the NRA. Just don’t claim that you are doing anything worthwhile! You seem to ignore all the scandals the NRA is involved in. The NRA-ILA, you say? Well, Chris Cox, the NRA-ILA’s top lobbyist has been out for more than 6 months and they do not have anybody serious who can replace him. Jason Ouimet, his replacement, is significantly less experienced and a Wayne LaPierre “yes” man. In fact, after Chris… Read more »

Foxtrot
Not just asking for more, they attack others who had enough sense to get up and walk out after the first beating, and seem to think they have a right to demand others come back and endure more abuse.

Spot on with your comment. Heed the Call-up being a Virginian and familiar with the VCDL personally has pointed out much of the same previously

Reply to  Longscout

Longscout, I’m not sure how 90 years of capitulation to the ‘Deep State’ makes NRA “the most effective Second Amendment organization…”

Ej harbet
Ej harbet
8 months ago
Reply to  Longscout

Ok,wayne the boomer

Littlejohn1411
Littlejohn1411
9 months ago

Now please don’t put me in the same category as Mr H, I’m just curious what steps the nra would have to take for you gentleman to support them again. I’m going to guess for some it would be to remove the crooked Wayne, others may never trust them again and then it’s most likely more complicated for most. Myself, I’m not really sure I could ever feel comfortable send them money, unless maybe if they booted Wayne along with any other crook that’s taken advantage of it’s members along with making sure the crooks don’t receive any type of… Read more »

Reply to  Littlejohn1411

Here are some pointers for you: http://www.savethe2a.org/our-5-goals/ and https://helpsavethenra.com – All current NRA officers, like Wayne LaPierre, Carolyn Meadows and Josh Powell need to go. Wayne LaPierre and others are accused of fraud. Josh Powell was the NRA’s Chief of Staff when the NRA settled two sexual harassment lawsuits against him. – Most of the current NRA Board members, like Marion Hammer, Willes Lee and Tom King, need to go. They have covered up for the corruption at the NRA and continue to refuse reforms. They are also accused of fraud themselves. – Perform an independent financial audit and be… Read more »

Editor
Reply to  Littlejohn1411

SICC, Speaking STRICTLY for myself, WLP, the majority of the BoD have to go. The BoD has to be trimmed to a dozen at most. Full transparency for ALL members of the finances, and no appointed BoD members. Acceptance of the suggestions that brought about the Cinci Revolt, Removing the rules of how change can be put up for a vote…how much time do you have?

9 months ago

Dave in Fairfax, the problem is that most board members are LEO, or former LEO, who like the laws on the books that keep the regular Joe from being able to do anything without government (they being a big part of government) intervention, or control. Two types of people needs be kept off the BoD, cops and former cops, and lawyers, or former lawyers.

mmasquer
mmasquer
Reply to  Littlejohn1411

As another Life Member for about 25 years and member since age 10, my answer. Some hard facts. Bloomies reportedly spent about $2.5 Million in recent VA election to turn state blue. W. LaPuPu is paid about $5 Million per year, getting a 57% raise a couple months ago. So, for about half of his salary NRA could have matched the Bloomie investment in the VA election, vice the $300 Thousand they provided. (BTW that amount equals about 10 of PuPu’s $3,000 suits…) NRA did nothing else either, until VCDL and GOA mobilized the more rural and far suburban population.… Read more »

Reply to  mmasquer

While my other post is still in moderation, as it includes links, let me add this. Chris Cox is a good lobbyist and knows what he is doing. However, he stepped in it by sticking with Wayne LaPierre on the bump stock ban and red flag laws. He also stuck with Wayne LaPierre after the public airing of the allegations against him. He lost credibility to the point that many people in the gun rights movement do not want him to come back to the NRA. Chris Cox convinced many “black rifle” people to support the NRA. He was seen… Read more »

mmasquer
mmasquer
9 months ago

Ahhh, thanks! Good info, why these forums are useful and educational. Haven’t been on the Hill for about three months, guess it’s time to go back up there, drink crappy coffee, and listen to stupid er I mean less than informed staffers… Guess also need to check K Street sources more closely….

Reply to  mmasquer

Well, it appears you weren’t at any of the last NRA Annual Meetings, where all of this was discussed. I guess you haven’t followed what certain people in the 2A community have been doing and saying for the last few years, like Tim Harmsen (Military Arms Channel) and Rob Pincus (Save the 2A). It helps to actually attend the NRA Annual Meetings and being informed about the organization you are a life member of. Will you be in Nashville this year, like me?

Another NRA Life Member

Rattlerjake
Rattlerjake
9 months ago

It may help to attend the meetings, but maybe YOU, CF, should get off your high horse and understand that there are MANY of us that do not have that financial luxury. Besides, that is why we sent money and supported the NRA, so THEY can do what we can’t. Problem is that they are just like politicians and evangelists, they talk a good game then sit back and gobble up the money that comes in.

Life member since 1979.

Reply to  Rattlerjake

@Rattlerjake and @mmasquer: By the way, I didn’t attend last year’s NRA Annual Meeting either, yet I know all about what happened there. There is something called the Internet you may want to checkout! It helps in connecting people that are far away from each other. I am engaged member that doesn’t let the NRA leadership off the hook. My name is on the open letter that was delivered to the NRA leadership at the last meeting by Tiffany Johnson, a black woman from Memphis who is a lawyer and a firearms trainer: http://frontsightpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Letter_to_NRA_BOD_Apr28_2019.pdf. The NRA leadership counts on YOU… Read more »

Reply to  mmasquer

Welcome to Ammoland.

Foxtrot
Spot on about Cox

Editor
Reply to  mmasquer

mmasquer, No need to risk being in the swamp. You’ve only been here since NYE, but if you read this website daily, you’ll keep up with the news. If you read the comments, you’ll learn a lot about how people feel, and what they know, about the issues at hand. Bonus, you don’t have to fight crowds or muggers look for parking or take Metro, AND you can drink your own coffee.

Reply to  mmasquer

mmasquer, the fault doesn’t lie solely with NRA, or RNC. RNC can’t field candidates if no one will run. Every gun owner should be talking among their groups looking for people willing to run. Every gun owner should be advocating for themselves at every Repub, or Dem, meeting in every county, district, etc. The problem with gun owners id they are their own worst enemy, failing to get involved, and contribute, where necessary. Every pro-2A group should have a PAC, a dedicated fund for supporting candidates, and a devoted cadre of people willing to donate at every meeting to meet… Read more »

Reply to  Littlejohn1411

@Stuck in Commie Ct About two years ago we were having some very intense debates with some individuals here on ammoland. They would write articles trying to defend Lapierre and the NRA. We gave them a list of exactly what the NRA had to do to try and gain back our trust. We were told to shut up and sit down, we were told we would be blamed for losing the second amendment because we were not giving money to the NRA as well as more and more people were starting to hear us thanks to ammoland, and they waged… Read more »

Reply to  Littlejohn1411

My post has finally been approved. Read below. To add to that, the NRA is in danger of being shutdown by the NY State Attourney General, Letitia James. She has subpoenaed 90 current and former NRA Board members, some current and former NRA Officers, and a significant amount of legal and financial NRA records. NRA Board Members that have been interviewed by the NY State Attourney General’s office have mentioned that the NY State Attourney General’s office asked very specific and detailed questions regarding the NRA’s corruption and fraud. Understand that the NRA is chartered in NY and the NY… Read more »

Reply to  Littlejohn1411

@Stuck in Commie Ct, and : Another resource for information is Stephen Gutowski: https://twitter.com/StephenGutowski. He is the Free Beacon’s firearms policy reporter. He is posting about any developments in gun rights activities, gun rights organizations and gun rights cases. He has been attending some of the Second Amendment Sanctuary meetings in VA. I expect him to be at the NRA Board meeting this coming week.

PS: One doesn’t have to have an account on Twitter to read it!

Reply to  Littlejohn1411

@Stuck in Commie Ct, and : Another resource for information is John Richardson: https://twitter.com/jpr9954/. He also runs the blog onlygunsandmoney.com (not posted as a direct link here to avoid going to moderation jail for a day).

MICHAEL J
MICHAEL J
9 months ago

These lying politicians are exposed all the time and yet there they are as smug as usual. It appears that once your state, county or city becomes infested, it nearly impossible to exterminate them.
Removal of a political figure is a very difficult process given the fact they usually control the
very system who would procecute them.
Term limits are the only solution to at least reduce the risk of total tyranny but as we all know, they control that too.

HoundDogDave
HoundDogDave
9 months ago

The ONLY reason the NRA cares is because it affects it’s ability to make more money. Their focus is solely on the flow of funds TO the NRA with a total disregard to the American gun owners they profess to defend. Yeah, it sucks to be the NRA right now, but hey, they abandoned us long before we turned our backs on them. Sure, I can “Imagine how much $40 million could have done to promote the defense of our Second Amendment rights, training people to responsibly exercise their Second Amendment rights, or even training gunsmiths.” But that would have… Read more »

Degforyou
Degforyou
Reply to  HoundDogDave

I’m life member of NRA use to get a magazine and asked for donations long time ago (20 to 30 years) but no more. The only reason they are doing this is for $40 million so LaPu can buy his suits again.

james
james
9 months ago

Amazing that politicians with law degrees have forgotten what they learned to earn that diploma.
Same from members in Congress.

Reply to  james

Yes, that is true and sometimes the indoctrination is not so subtle.

OSR
OSR

Harold , Sir.
I am a gun dealer in Up State New York, with that said. There is NO Way that the court is going to prosecute Cuomo when the evidence that the NRA has is not solid. Read more: as per your article These included threats of adverse government action “delivered in off-the-record conversations and surreptitious backroom meetings”

Cuomo owns the court and the AG, so has far you think that evidence is going to go??
Stop fantasizing and if you are going to write about an issue. Please get better research!!

Reply to  OSR

@OSR If they are “off-the-record”, then how come the NRA include them in a court filing? The NRA either wins with the provided evidence or loses because the NRA can’t prove shit and is just making stuff up as it goes. We won’t know for a while, since the supposed evidence was filed under seal.

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
9 months ago

SO! When the law suit against ‘cuomo’ and his regime is won, REQUIRE ‘cuomo’ make FULL RESTITUTION payment for ALL costs incurred. ALSO, RESTITUTION for ALL income LOST due to this FRIVOLOUS case which ‘cuomo’ brought on himself!!!

Reply to  Laddyboy

@Laddyboy, that ain’t so simple. NRA Carry Guard was actually never profitable. Both, NRA Carry Guard Insurance and NRA Carry Guard Training were financial losses and the courts essentially saved the NRA from more losses. LOL. So, what income was actually lost here? None! The $40 million number in the article is made up! The NRA’s legal fees for the NRA Carry Guard debacle are about $20 million. They dwarf the legal fees for the NRA v. Ackerman McQueen, Oliver North etc. legal actions. The NRA is getting sucked dry by its own Democrat lawyer. Also note that what Bill… Read more »

cav2108
cav2108
9 months ago

Not seeing Harold The Weasel’s face was a real bonus in this particular article. Unfortunately, Cuomo’s ugly disgusting face was enough to ruin my morning coffee, maybe we could just stick to photos of the backs of their heads or pictures of their pets. Then if we could just reduce Harold The Weasel’s articles to . . . . . NOTHING, that would be really good. Not seeing anything from this anti-2A apologist would be the best. I never read anything but the comments and they, too, are disgusted by Harold The Weasel and his insidious propaganda.

loveaduck
loveaduck
Reply to  cav2108

Just can’t stop slapping Ol’ Harold, huh? Even when he happens to be on target and not ruffling your feathers. Disagree harshly when you must but give him the “sorta” thumbs up for this.

Reply to  loveaduck

@loveaduck That is because Harold is a recognized and known liar, a fraud, a charlatan, a con artist seeking to imbed himself within the second amendment community. The reason he gets no thumbs up here is because he is trying to paint the NRA as an innocent victim. They are not. They have done much to harm the second amendment, and it was they who gave Cuomo(Evil man though he is) a foothold to go after them with some of their business practices delving into areas of corruption and self service. Harold, being the liar that he is and the… Read more »

loveaduck
loveaduck
Reply to  TheRevelator

I accept it’s your opinion. At this point I’m not sure that I agree. I’m keeping my options open.

Reply to  loveaduck

@loveaduck Ok, here is the trick you are trying to pull. You want to claim what I just said is an opinion, which in fact is nothing more than your own opinion. Except there is a slight problem for you. The evidence that has been presented to you since November on multiple occasions means that it is NOT opinion. This has been something you have tried to intentionally do from the start because you don’t want to (or more precisely, cannot) argue against evidence. Because we have direct quotes from Harold and things he has said, because we can point… Read more »

loveaduck
loveaduck
Reply to  TheRevelator

I am chagrined. I will think Harold’s articles with a more jaded mindset.

Reply to  loveaduck

@loveaduck That is not what I am telling you to do either because only you can decide what you believe. The point I was trying to get across is that you are never going to be able to substitute your opinion in place of facts without being called out on it. Whether you agree or disagree, take responsibility for your own words, and if you ever lose an argument on facts have the integrity to at least say you have more reading to do. It has nothing to do with a jaded outlook, just reading in plain English and looking… Read more »

Vanns40
Vanns40
9 months ago

Okay, not a bad article. If only you had left out the next to the last paragraph. Really? With all the controversy swirling you had to put that in? Remember the old saying; brevity is the soul of discretion?

9 months ago

Not a bad piece, Harold. You stuck to reporting the facts and procedural history, without telling us what to do or how to think.

RoyD
RoyD
9 months ago

As I was posting this morning something caught my eye. The photograph used at the top of this article has been cropped in an interesting fashion. Perhaps it is just happenstance but that eagle caught my eye.

Editor
Reply to  RoyD

RoyD, Yeah, it looked very Reichstag to me too.

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
9 months ago

I forget, is it ‘deblasio’ or ‘cuomo’ whose previous last name was Wilheim?

Editor
Reply to  Laddyboy

Laddyboy, that’s hard to answer. Here’s the run-down. Bill de Blasio was born Warren Wilhelm Jr. on May 8, 1961, in 1983 he changed his name to Warren de Blasio-Wilhelm, in December 2001 he changed his name to Bill de Blasio. Gawd knows what it’ll be tomorrow.

Rattlerjake
Rattlerjake

Maybe Slick Willie de Blasio or maybe Bill de Basio-Soetoro

RoyD
RoyD
9 months ago

I had not checked out the State Seal of New York and so I just did so. The eagle on all the State Seals that were shown bear no close or even near resemblance to what is on that podium. That was not a mistake.

Editor
Reply to  RoyD

RoyD, Take a look at my post above, I appended a link to the Wikki article with a picture of the eagle in it.

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
8 months ago
Reply to  RoyD

Actually, it does look like the state seal:
There are a number of other versions of it with slight variations in the way the eagle is depicted, as well as other variances.

but this is an interesting photo on the NYS webpage:

Editor
Reply to  RoyD

USA, do a fast search on Reichstag. The eagle is a dead ringer.

Some guy
Some guy
9 months ago

You nitwits will still be blathering about laws, voting,and courts while the democrat jackboots herd you into the showers……. When are you going to realize the time for talk has passed?

Editor
Reply to  Some guy

Some guy, What, exactly, are you suggesting be done?
There are others here who take the same public stand and encourage others to unlawful action while not leading. “Don’t fire unless fired upon” or until there is no other choice, still remains the definition of self-defense. Provoking a confrontation that results in death or arrest while sitting behind a keyboard is poor counsel at best.

Vanns40
Vanns40
9 months ago

Yes Dave and unfortunately it’s folks like “some guy” who are always the ones who aide and abet others but would never venture forth themselves. Keyboard commandos (or keyboard cowards). No one in their right mind would encourage a civil war and yet that’s what we hear from these people. Yet when questioned if they understand that a civil war means, most likely, the deaths of their brothers, parents, children and friends, doing without food and medicine, no power or any of what we consider the necessities of life, all of a sudden these “warriors” become very quiet. Civil war… Read more »

Reply to  Vanns40

@Vanns, And civil war opens the door to invasion, by our enemies, too. America’s enemies have never been so numerous or powerful.

Vern
Vern
Reply to  Wild Bill

Even the left hasn’t figured that part out. They think everybody loves them, truth is, nobody in their right minds likes or wants the trouble the left wants to bring in.

Editor
Reply to  Vern

Vern, the ONLY upside is that the New Left always kills off the Old Left as the first order of business. So even if the win, they lose.

Vern
Vern
9 months ago

The new becomes worse than the old, just like Jesus said they would. You are right, when they win, they lose, but they don’t win life as life is not their goal.

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Wild Bill

Calling a response to the situation “Civil War” is off the mark. This isn’t a North South thing and it isn’t a response to prevent the geographical breakup of the Union. Those who say the time for talk has passed are taking their cue from words in the DoI. The “but when a long train of abuses” part.

The train is off the rails. We aren’t looking to break up the railroad. We just want the locomotive back on the track with competent people in charge who are running that railroad as a service to the people again.

Reply to  Ansel Hazen

Standard Sheeple response!

Know how the sheeple beat the wolves?
downed them blood!!!

Reply to  wolfzatDawn

You’re a special kind of stupid aren’t you. 🙂

jack mac
jack mac
Reply to  Wild Bill

WB: We have both foreign enemies and allies that want our people as subjected as theirs. The most dangerous enemy of our freedom is not foreign. Our public servants who are attempting to be our masters are the most powerful threatening enemy of our freedom. They are a clear and present danger here where we stand. It is clear that there is a conflict between those who want officials to be our servants and those wanting officials to be our masters. It is clear that that the free cannot survive with those not wanting freedom. US citizens should not be… Read more »

Rattlerjake
Rattlerjake
Reply to  Vanns40

And your whole reasoning just told us that YOU and Dave and others do NOT agree with what our forefathers did or what they established in the Constitution. Is your freedom not worth fighting for? Then you don’t deserve it!

Editor
Reply to  Rattlerjake

RJ, If that’s what you think, and I have to assume that you are replying to Vanns, Wild Bill or me, since you didn’t address your comment, then you haven’t been paying attention to our past comments. The question is, “OK, what are you suggesting that we do NOW?” The quote about firing when fired upon isn’t original to me, it came from one of the people you say that we disagree with. We didn’t get this old by being stupid or by making unplanned moves, although some of us may have done that in the past and learned from… Read more »

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
9 months ago

@Sg; Sounds like a sycophant of the DemoNAZI “representative” ‘m.waters’ who keeps spouting for HATE and attacking those she DISAGREES with.

9 months ago

Know how the sheeple beat the wolves?
drowned them in blood!

Reply to  Some guy

@Sg, Trying to manipulate others into acting rather than acting yourself? Looking for people to prosecute or group to infiltrate? Trying to become a paid “Cooperating Individual” for the feds?

Reply to  Wild Bill

@Wild Bill

Did tetejaun sign up for a new handle? lol

Reply to  TheRevelator

They’re cousins!

Reply to  Wild Bill

@Wild Bill
Well, that would explain it.

jack mac
jack mac
Reply to  Some guy

Sg: There are too few that post on this site who can be considered nitwits for all to be called that. The time for blathering about laws, voting, and courts may be passed. Laws hindering the lawful exercising of freedom, are in fact acts of oppression. The courts are supporting and implementing these acts. Procedures to assure that only living eligible citizens vote do not exist. The democrats are the largest, but not the only anti-American group that support public servants in becoming to be more our masters. The Nazis used gas showers to save ammo for battle. Our public… Read more »

Arizona
Arizona
9 months ago

What Cuomo did to the NRA was illegal, and they should rightly sue and win. But I won’t financially support the NRA until 1) WLP is no longer employed; 2) the NRA limits purchases of swag and other member incentives to items made solely in the USA; 3) the NRA allocates 30% of funds to firearms education and training, 50% to lawsuits defending and expanding 2nd amendment rights, and 20% to employee salaries and administrative costs.

The NRA has transformed into a cash cow for its executive team, while repeatedly supporting infringements on our rights. That is entirely unacceptable.

nrringlee
nrringlee
Reply to  Arizona

Correct. I add another condition. The NRA reincorporate in a freedom friendly state. NRA should defer the legal business to groups like 2AF, GOA and state affiliates. Focus on education and standards. That is what NRA should have been doing all along. Education is the long game. Get shooting programs back in to the schools, make hunter education mandatory in rural states, make real firearms safety training mandatory in schools, provide enhanced training for all. That is the long game and that is how we win the hearts and minds of the American people.

Core
Core
Reply to  Arizona

As a voting life member I disagree in part. If you are not a voting member you should not spout hot air.

Jonesy
Jonesy
Reply to  Core

And just why not ? Doesn’t every legal American have First Amendment Rights?

RoyD
RoyD
Reply to  Core

Core, you appear to be fairly ignorant. Now whether this is because you are young, or not very smart, or a combination thereof remains to be deciphered. Hopefully you will take steps to correct this deficiency.

Reply to  Core

@Core Most of us used to be members, and unfortunately for you nothing that Nrringlee or Arizona said can be classified as “Hot Air”. They are valid and reasonable claims against the NRA based on the evidence we have of the NRA’s actions. We left the NRA because they were not listening to the membership, because they kept trying to pull more money out of us, and after telling us to shut up they would go out and tell others that we were proud members in the NRA. So we cut off funding, turned in our memberships, and became a… Read more »

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
Reply to  TheRevelator

TheRevelator, I am a life member, and I hope they can “right their ship”. I have learned in the recent past they were complicit, at minimum, in most of the bad legislation that has curtailed our rights, ’34 NFA, ’38 FFA, ’68 GCA, ’86 automatic weapons ban, ’94 “assault weapons” ban, and including the “bump stock” ban currently being fought in the courts. However, they are the largest organization that has done some good at times. Also, they do have good training programs and child safety program, and give training and support to our LE; so, aside from their political… Read more »

9 months ago

@Heed the Call-up I too hope they will “right their ship”, but given their track record I am not very optimistic that they will before they completely sink it. That being said, Eddie the Eagle may be good but it doesn’t do squat when they sell us down the river. Currently, the GOA has been growing, and honestly at a pace in the last few years that the NRA should be incredibly envious of. The GOA has also been more effective and active in the courts, and unlike the NRA has not attempted to undermine local organizations efforts. I know… Read more »

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
Reply to  Core

I am a LIFE MEMBER. I agree with Arizona and ‘nrringlee’. NRA should NOT be in cahoots in making INFRINGEMENT LAWS with any governmental agency!

Oldman
Oldman
Reply to  Core

I have been a voting life member since 1976. I no longer vote, for my vote means nothing to the NRA. Currently am an Endowment Patron member which was primarily given to me to try and illicit more funds to pad WLP ‘s suit linings. I have given them no more money since ’92, since the handwriting was on the wall. I won’t turn in my membership because I am praying for a rising from the ashes for the NRA. I believe, Core, that it is you spouting the hot air.

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
Reply to  Arizona

; Sorry, I am truly interested. What does “swag” mean as it is used in your comment.
I understand the meaning of; “how a person walks”.

Buckshot
Buckshot
Reply to  Laddyboy

Not Arizona but swag is things like ball caps, stickers, patches, logoed shirts and the like. The earliest use I can think of would be swag bags given to guests or celebrities who attend some function usually a charity event.

Reply to  Laddyboy

@Laddyboy Swagger is how a person would walk with a certain confidence. Swag however has two meanings 1. Scientific Wild Assed Guess 2. Merchandise given away as promotional material, or offered for sale to raise funding through the use of a company brand. In Arizona’s case, Buckshot understood it right. It is the NRA logo’d shirts, hats, range bags, key rings, ect, that they send out as freebies. What Arizona was stating is that these items are purchased with membership money at times, and therefore the money should not be sent out of the country to companies who may wish… Read more »

9 months ago

“The track record of Andrew Cuomo should be no secret to loyal AmmoLand readers.” It is Harold. It’s only slightly less dubious of your own track record. Anyone else have a laugh at Harold citing and quoting William Brewer, the shyster syphoning millions off from the NRA currently, who happens to be related to the head honcho of Ackerman-McQueen, who in turn syphoned millions upon millions off the NRA for decades and was complicit in a money laundering scheme to cover personal expenses for Wayne Lapierre?… The same NRA which under Lapierre has a track record of Anti-Second Amendment aid… Read more »

9 months ago

Much of the NRA’s complaint was filed under seal, so this can be all just hot air by Bill Brewer as usual. We will see! Imagine if the NRA actually spent any money on promoting Second Amendment rights. In 2018, the NRA spent $13 million on executive and board compensation, $32 million on Ackerman McQueen for NRATV and the failed NRA Carry Guard (of which a few million got funneled back to NRA executives and board members), $26 million on Infocision to “process” memberships, $13 million on a Democrat lawyer (Bill Brewer) that is feeding off the infighting, $12.5 million… Read more »

9 months ago

Nice article Harold. Bet you just plagiarized from your limp wrist friends!

Baldwin
Baldwin
9 months ago

“Imagine how much $40 million could have done to promote the defense of our Second Amendment rights”

Imagine how much WLP’s costs could have done to promote the defense of our Second Amendment rights

Deplorable Bill
Deplorable Bill
9 months ago

Yup, tyranny. Yup treason. Yup an enemy of the citizens of the United States of America. There is a legitimate, righteous, legal and final price for treason. Hopefully the Supreme Court will put an end to this crap. If not, there will be some citizens who will settle out of court. Treason is something that must be stopped one way or the other. Cuomo should be imprisoned, tried and if/when found guilty should be executed.

Arm up, carry on.

moe mensale
moe mensale
9 months ago

Do you even understand the legal meaning of “treason?” Coumo could be considered guilty of many things including malfeasance, abuse of office and even being a vindictive asshole. Treason? Not in this case.

If you’re going to start executing your “enemies,” at least get the crime right.

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  moe mensale

But Moe, Cuomo and all his friends in the party of liars and cheats don’t care whether what they spew is true. All we need is that the end justify’s the means.

Reply to  Ansel Hazen

@Ansel Hazen
“The Ends Justify the Means” There is a name for people who actually practice that. They are called Democrats, or as you put it, the party of liars and cheats.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. You can either be someone who supports and abides by the constitution, or someone who justifies violating it for the purpose of obtaining a desired end.. You cannot be both.

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  TheRevelator

Indeed, two wrongs do not make a right but surely there must be a way to “hoist them on their own petard”.

Reply to  TheRevelator

bull-pucky politics! Rollover like my dog does when he thinks he is doing something “bad.” You will most likely find a job in Peelosi’s office!

Reply to  wolfzatDawn

@wolfzatDawn Now given you haven’t been here long enough to actually know me, perhaps you can be excused for the absolute nonsense you just penned. Nevermind the fact that you will never be able to find a quote of me saying “Roll over”, in fact quite the opposite. I was one of the people urging non-compliance long before you came here. And your Pelosi jab? So laughable. But, that’s what brainless agitators have to resort to when they are two cowardly to actually act on their own. For some reason, they never have trouble calling for blood, but they sure… Read more »

Deplorable Bill
Deplorable Bill
Reply to  moe mensale

To betray one’s country, to disavow one’s oath of office or enlistment, to purposefully attempt to remove the rights and freedoms of the citizenry, the very people you are sworn to protect. That (all and more) defines treason and treasonous acts. Not a whole lot different from tyranny. I hope this clears it up some.

Arm up, carry on.

9 months ago

@Deplorable Bill Definitions… Treason~ Noun 1.the crime of betraying one’s country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government. 2.the action of betraying someone or something. 3.(Historical) the crime of murdering someone to whom the murderer owed allegiance, such as a master or husband. Poor Moe Menstral, how is it they always forget that politicians, servicemen, all take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, the same Constitution which their own states ratified and are signatory to which says touching or restricting firearms ownership and use is completely removed from what they are allowed to do.… Read more »

nrringlee
nrringlee
Reply to  TheRevelator

Correct. As was explained to me by a former chief judge advocate of the Marine Corps our definition of treason differs from most because we are a Constitutional Republic. Actions against the constitution are in fact treason. We have no sovereign, no sovereign will. The Constitution stands in the place of the sovereign.

Reply to  nrringlee

Good, you got exactly what I was leaving unsaid. 🙂

Deplorable Bill
Deplorable Bill
Reply to  TheRevelator

Thanks Revelator. I am all but certain the day is coming when the socialist, communist, demoncrapic left will be physically coming for our firearms. This must happen because once the truth of socialism/communism becomes evident as the slavery state that it is, they know the people will rise up to defeat it. They must confiscate firearms or face the armed population. The same kind of thing happened to the Colonies while under British rule. Cuomo is very much like king George, a tyrant. The left leaning socialists, communists, demoncrapics are doing the same kind of things that the British parliament… Read more »

@Deplorable Bill
“They must confiscate firearms or face the armed population.”

That is the reason they have not been able to go flow blown socialist yet. We know it, and they know that we know it. That is why they are angry, disinterested in facts, and tired of waiting.

Some guy
Some guy
Reply to  moe mensale

All democrats are traitors, and until idiots like you get that through your thick skulls, America is in peril.

Reply to  Some guy

@Some guy The only other problem is that people like you are traitors too when you advocate running roughshod over the constitution to achieve a result you feel the Constitution prevents or acts as a hindrance to you obtaining. So why don’t you go ahead and explain to us why you feel people should be separated into different classes with different rights? Last time the rest of us checked, that was a position advocated for by the democrats. It doesn’t take much to spot an agitator that wants other people to hide behind, and you are doing a lot of… Read more »

Reply to  TheRevelator

“pussy-politics!!”

Editor
Reply to  wolfzatDawn

[email protected], Call it what you will, we part ways at trashing the Constitution. If you don’t abide by the Constitution when you are in disagreement, your actions when you agree are meaningless. It’s simply self-serving behavior. There is no honor is picking and choosing when you want to act morally.

Reply to  Some guy

@Sg, Ok, “All democrats are traitors,…” made it through your own thick skull and mine. Take the point.

Reply to  moe mensale

Cuomo is violating American’s 2nd Amendment! This violates the Constitution, so string him up by his “tiny” johnson!

Reply to  wolfzatDawn

, Good for you. Go get him!

Reply to  Wild Bill

@Wild Bill
First there was @Some guy, now there is Wolf. Is tetejaun signing his whole family up?

Poor guy’s family tree is starting to look like a telephone pole.