Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence Final Nominees Announced
San Diego, Calif. –-(AmmoLand.com)- The Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence has announced the final nominations for its 2010 awards.
The 500-member Academy considered 114 product entries before selecting the final ballot, which includes the top products, deemed by the Academy, in 10 categories.
Twenty-six different companies are recognized.
SureFire leads the way with three product nominations. Hornady, Ruger, Smith &Wesson and Benchmade have two product nominations each. Bushmaster, Timney Triggers and Danner join the ranks, as all three companies make their Academy debut as first-time nominees.
“The Academy's 2010 award nominations represent a very diverse group of products with innovative design elements,” said Academy director Randy Molde.
“Any of the 32 products selected merit ‘product of the year' consideration. It'll be interesting to see which products in each of the 10 categories the Academy selects as award winners.”
The voting Academy, which includes manufacturers, distributors and dealers, will receive their final ballots soon. They will select one award recipient in each category. The winners will be announced in conjunction with the Shooting Industry Masters on Friday, July 23 at the Holiday Inn in Grand Island, Neb.
The 2010 final nominees are:
- Accessory of the Year — Brownells: AR-15 Builder Web Site; Galco Gunleather: Tuck-N-Go Holster; Hornady: Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner; Timney Triggers: 870 Trigger Fix.
- Self-Defense Product — Crimson Trace: MVF-515 Red, Vertical Foregrip; Kimber: Pepper Blaster II; SureFire: M952V Vampire Weapon Light.
- Optic of the Year — Burris: Eliminator LaserScope; Leupold: Redfield Revolution Riflescore; Swarovski: EL 10×42 Swarovision High-Definition Binoculars.
- Hunting Product — Bushnell: Trophy Cam Trail Camera; Danner: Pronghorn GTX Hunting Boots; SureFire: Saint Minimus Headlamp.
- Ammunition of the Year — Hornady: Superperformance Centerfire Ammunition; Remington: HD Ultimate Home Defense Cartridges; Winchester Ammunition: PDX1 410 Personal Defense Ammunition.
- Handgun of the Year — Glock: Gen4 G22; Ruger: SR9c; Smith & Wesson: SW1911 Pro 9mm.
- Rifle of the Year — Bushmaster: Adaptive Combat Rifle (ACR); Ruger: SR-556; Savage Arms: Model 16 with AccuStock; Smith &Wesson: M&P15 .22LR.
- Shotgun of the Year — Benelli USA: Vinci 12 Guage; Browning: Maxus 12 Guage Hunter; Winchester: SX3 20 Guage Autoloading.
- Safety Product — Benchmade: 9CB Rescue Hook; GunVault: GunVault MVB500; SureFire: MINI Sound Suppressor.
- Knife of the Year — Benchmade: 741 Onslaught with AXIS Lock Design; Buck Knives: Paradigm Pro Model 337 Assisted Opening Knife; SOG Specialty Knives: Revolver SEAL Knife and Saw.
For more information on the 19th Annual Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence Awards, including 2010 Service Award Nominees, please visit http://www.shootingindustry.com or contact Elizabeth O’Neill at (888) 315-364 or [email protected]