Hero Who Took-Out TX Church Shooter was a NRA Firearms Teacher ~ VIDEO

Stephen Willeford
Texas Hero: Stephen Willeford

AmmoLand Gun News

USA –  -(Ammoland.com)- America has a new hero this week, his name is Stephen Willeford. This humble American is the man authorities say confronted the Sutherland Springs Texas Church shooter, wounding him and chasing him down until he crashed his car killing himself.

The mainstream media will never report on this man's heroic efforts as it does not fit their message that guns owned and opperated by everyday law-abiding Americans never save any lives.

From the emotional interview with 40/29 News of Fort Smith, AR : ( video below )

I didn’t have any time because I kept hearing the shots, one after another, at a time, very rapid shots, just pop, pop, pop. And I knew every one of those shots represented someone, that it was aimed at someone, that they just weren’t random shots, more than likely. I grabbed a handful of ammunition and started loading my magazine.

And I’m trying to survey the situation, not knowing what’s going on; and then I saw a man in a black tactical helmet with a dark-shaded helmet on, and obviously looked to me like it was a bulletproof vest. He had a pistol in his hand, and we exchanged gunfire.

And I was standing behind a pickup truck for cover, and we exchanged fire. He saw me, and I saw him, I’m like, it was surreal to me; it couldn’t be happening. I couldn’t believe it. I know I hit him. He got into his vehicle, and he fired another couple rounds through his side window. When the window dropped, I fired another round at him again.

We chased him down 539, and when we first started chasing him he was out of sight. And the man driving the truck, I found out later his name is Johnny; he was driving at a high rate of speed. We were trying to pass cars to catch up. We called 911 and we were talking to 911.

I was scared for me, and I was scared for every one of them; I was scared for my own family that lived just less than a block away.

I’m no hero; I am not. I think my God, my Lord, protected me and gave me the skills to do what needed to be done. And I just wish I could have got there faster.

God bless, Mr Stephen Willeford you are a true American hero!

Jim S.
Jim S.

Thanks for taking the effort that many would hide from.

M Reyna
M Reyna

SonP. You are so correct

M Reyna
M Reyna

DonP you are so correct

tomcat
tomcat

Thank you Mr. Willeford and God Bless You for your courageous act of saving lives.

Vincent Brady
Vincent Brady

Thanks for doing the right thing!

charles
charles

Too bad he had to spend precious time to load an empty magazine before he engaged the shooter. There should always be at least one ready to go at the drop of a hat.

DonP
DonP

The media is going to spend the next two weeks trying to find any “dirt” on both these good men. Traffic tickets, late library books, anything to tear them down and discredit these heroes.

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
Reply to  DonP

They are already doing it, calling him an NRA trainer and implying he hoped he would be able to use his “skills” to kill someone, and that he shot at the man *after* the man left the church, not actually saving anyone inside that was shot. Well, the church is a GFZ, so no one was legally armed, and the shooter was not even legally allowed to possess firearms, but that doesn’t stop the anti-gun rhetoric. Oddly, that didn’t prevent the shooter from entering with a firearm and wound and kill people. It only prevented law-abiding citizens the right to… Read more »

M Reyna
M Reyna
Reply to  DonP

. You are so correct

Rog
Rog

Thank you for doing the right thing, protecting those who could not. You are a hero! Never mind the liberal brain dead a$$ holes who work for the media. If firearms are banned, we need to start using bows and arrows and then they will not hear the shot and I would personally target all main stream media people one arrow at a time. Now isn’t that a stupid comment, just like all firearms need to be banned. Come America, can’t we find some way to pack up all liberals and ship them overseas where they think life is better.… Read more »

Vanns40
Vanns40

You would think every anti-gun protagonist would stop for a moment and rethink their position. They didn’t. Instead they immediately started making excuses like “well, he’s the exception, if no one had these rifles this wouldn’t happen to begin with…”, blah blah blah.

You can’t reason with ideologues and those who believe that the only answer to problems are more laws and bigger Govt. This is a never ending battle, right against wrong, moral values versus progressive/accept anything. Time for the younger generation to step up, the rest of us are getting old.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill

The progressive/socialist/main stream media will hate this guy based on looks alone. Chubby, ruddy, balding, white haired, and be spectacled, old Santa Clause figure. How could he ever be a worthy person, much less a life saving hero?
Mr. Willeford, our hats are off to you.

Garryowen
Garryowen
Reply to  Wild Bill

WB, You are right, sir, it is doubtful that we will ever get the true story. But, nonetheless less, out of the horrible tragedy in Texas comes, for us, this very good news. This is the story of a humble Christian man who, as he said, was scared for himself and everyone around him, but trusted in the Lord to “protect him and gave him the skills for what needed to be done.” Thank God for NRA instructors. We are so pleased that this finally came out; but, we do not believe, even as it states in this article, how… Read more »

Sk
Sk
Reply to  Garryowen

I heard one of the cops say that the POS shooter had three wounds. Two of which he was sure were from Willeford. He thought the 3rd wound was self inflicted. But who knows. All of these stories are twisted and changed over and over.
Still waiting on more about Stephen Paddock.

Rock
Rock

There is a true hero, he acted on his own, placed his own life on the line to save others. He was not hired to do it as his job…. Just a legally armed American citizen.
Thank you sir, you ARE a hero !

jim
jim

Thank you, Mr.Willeford, for stepping up and doing the right thing; the difficult thing. Respect for you and what you are going through.

Ross Campbell