NRSC Hiding Swamp Loyalties in Fundraising Appeals to Trump Supporters

From their fundraising appeals, you’d think the entire Republican National Senate Committee does. (RNSC/Facebook)

U.S.A. – -(Ammoland.com)- “Stop Biden from DESTROYING Trump’s Wall!” an email solicitation from the National Republican Senatorial Committee urges.  “Biden is DESTROYING Trump’s Border Security!  He stopped construction on Trump’s wall and may start to tear it down.  And now the CRISIS on our southern border is worse than ever!”

“The border is now OPEN to drug cartels and human traffickers, NRSC warns. “ Left’s OPEN BORDERS policy is putting your families at risk. It is putting your jobs at risk.   Don’t let Biden destroy the border security Trump worked so hard to build.”

I’m asked to click a button to “FINISH THE WALL” and told, in all caps so I don’t miss the urgency:

“EMERGENCY 500% MATCHING UNLOCKED UNTIL MIDNIGHT”

This isn’t the only email the NRSC has sent me. “We’re all wondering,” one asks, “Do you have Trump’s back?” Some say they come from the “Trump Legacy Team.” Others appeal to “Top Trump Supporters” and the contribution button says, “STAND WITH TRUMP.”

Is it time to dig deep? After all, even though I never considered myself a “Trump supporter” per se, I have clearly been a “Trump agenda (as pledged in his campaigns) supporter.”

My primary reasons were that he promised to protect “our beautiful Second Amendment,” and as I’ve consistently made clear (albeit without help from “gun groups” making disingenuous “single-issue” excuses), experience shows that cultural terraforming by “pathway to citizenship” Democrats and “cheap labor” Republicans is the greatest threat to continued “legal” recognition of the right to keep and bear arms.

And yeah, tell me about how the president fell short on all counts (I took all kinds of heat on “gun boards” for trying to warn him). I’ve never seen a politician that didn’t. The point is, MY agenda didn’t change. So why wouldn’t I donate generously if these people are going to help me achieve what I want?

They will, won’t they?

Maybe, just to be sure, we ought to check them out and see if we can find confirmation that they mean what they say and will walk the talk. Let’s start with their website.

“Make America stronger,” its slogan advocates, riffing off Trump’s famous catchphrase. “Help us take back the Senate.”

There’s plenty of Trump swag, shirts with him hugging the flag or declaring “Still my president,” and a poster that asks, “Miss me yet?”

A video down at the bottom catches my eye, featuring NRSC Chairman and Florida Senator Rick Scott.  He says he’s ending “the Republican civil war.”

“The only way we can blow this is with pointless infighting,” Scott declares. “It stops now. The Republican civil war is hereby officially canceled. Now it’s time to save America. Let’s get to work.”

Sounds good. I have two concerns, though.

First, when listing all the radical Democrat agenda items, it would have been nice if Republicans acknowledged  the right of the people to keep and bear arms was at least worth a mention for those of us who consider it equal to, if not more important than “the Keystone pipeline” and “women’s sports.”

Secondly, are we sure all the “infighting” is “pointless”?

“I’m a gun owner and NRA member,” Scott wrote in a 2019 editorial for The Washington Post. “I support red-flag laws to help stop mass shootings.”

Of course, they won’t. And I’d submit that if the Second Amendment and due process are worth literally fighting for, they’re certainly worth political infighting if it can keep things from devolving into that.

And then there’s all the posturing for contributions over Trump’s immigration policy, when a look at Scott’s actual immigration record on his NumbersUSA Report Card shows a mediocre career grade of 44%, with an “F” for “Challenge the Status Quo.”

Are we starting to suspect the self-serving whoop-de-do may not be all that objective?

Here’s the thing about donating to the RNSC, or even to the Republican Party for that matter: Donations will be used to help candidates who may be actively working against your rights.

So the RNSC is going to be out there trying to elect Republicans who voted for Merrick Garland as Attorney General. Not only did credible judicial opinion conclude that, if appointed to the Supreme Court when nominated by Obama Garland “would vote to reverse … D.C. vs. Heller,” but as AG he now promises to lead the charge in conflating patriot groups like Oath Keepers with terrorists.

And in spite of all the fundraising doubletalk to STAND WITH TRUMP, don’t look for that to be held against the Republican senators who voted for his second impeachment.

And not to belabor the point, but Scott isn’t the only Republican senator on board with “red flags” (and more).

This reminds me of former RNC Chairman Michael Steele, who advocated banning semiautos as “assault weapons.” He, in turn, recalled for me a statement attributed to one of his predecessors Lee Atwater, who reputedly asked of gun owners “Who else are they going to vote for?”

Allowing Republicans to take us for granted is the same as letting them know they can betray us and suffer no consequences. And that only encourages more to jump ship.

So, what am I recommending? Rolling over for gun-grabbing Democrats?

In the Senate, where feckless Republicans managed to blow their lead in 2020, there is a narrow window on which to act, but if gun owners don’t take it on themselves to get informed and get involved, it will be a moot point. If we’re not willing to field and then support good candidates, especially in primaries, we’re going to keep getting bad ones.

And for those still inclined to answer fundraising appeals with donations, don’t fall for such fork-tongued weasel-wording. Don’t donate to committees or PACs that try to sucker you in with insincere pledges of solidarity but then make no distinction between those who will bear true faith and allegiance and those who will take your dough and then stick a knife in your back when a better offer comes along.

For those of you who will not involve yourselves in any of this because you believe there’s no voting our way out of this (and I admit I have no evidence to counter that with), I pray for all our sakes that you’re ready, willing and able to do — and sustain — all the hard stuff that will follow. But you’ll forgive me if I caution those considering giving up on the remarkable system bequeathed to us by the Founders with a Churchill quote from The Gathering Storm:

“If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”

Right now, the fight is still easy.

About David Codrea:

David Codrea is the winner of multiple journalist awards for investigating/defending the RKBA and a long-time gun owner rights advocate who defiantly challenges the folly of citizen disarmament. He blogs at “The War on Guns: Notes from the Resistance,” is a regularly featured contributor to Firearms News, and posts on Twitter: @dcodrea and Facebook.

David Codrea

PMinFl
PMinFl
12 days ago

I must say it again , When there are 50 fifty Republican senators and 48 fourty-eight Democrats why does Mr McConnell SEEK to be labled MINORITY leader? We know why Mr Schumer WANTS to be called the MAJORITY leader, POWER ! Even though the two independents caucus with the Ds they are registered as independents. There are seven prominent RINOs as well and they are not counted among the enemy ! It is the main stream media that calls the shots and our elected representatives just go on blindly sucking up at the trough.

Last edited 12 days ago by PMinFl
grifhunter
grifhunter
12 days ago

I just don’t get the “I will not waste my time voting” mind set. Yes, they cheat. But you can’t even exert 15 minutes of time to vote and at least be heard? Are you THAT defeated mentally where you can’t donate or write letters or get grassroots involved? You know you CAN hoard ammo and guns and prep, and still be politically active. One thing is NOT exclusive of the other.

Reply to  grifhunter

Spinning wheels communicating with those who won’t listen or wisely using my time preparing for the national turmoil arriving soon? ‘Soap box, ballot box, cartridge box’ – Abraham Lincoln. Connect the dots, grifhunter.

PMinFl
PMinFl
Reply to  grifhunter

The money they ask for doesn’t go to address the problems that they use to solicit.

Arny
Arny
12 days ago

Personally I see the whole point as mute. Until the people running elections are held responsible for their actions I will not waste my time voting. Pa elections were illegal & Unconstitutional. Pa had absentee ballots & people had more than ample time to request one. The Act 77 they passed was not even adhered to. Until ballots are counted 50/50 between the parties. And rules & regulations enforced you’re wasting your time. When over 90% of ballots can be adjudicated, ( destruction of original ballot ). Running the same ballots over & over in machine as seen on video,… Read more »

Reply to  Arny

‘Mute’ is defined as an inability to speak. ‘Moot’ is the correct term. Sorry, but I can’t take your opinion seriously until you learn the basics of correct spelling. Live it up and buy a dictionary.

Grim
Grim
13 days ago

“Miss me yet?” Nope, I haven’t pulled the trigger.

alleyrunner
alleyrunner
13 days ago

one more thing… Trump is the only president who IS NOT A POLITICIAN. it’s either Trump, or a succession of Pelosi approved anti-American drones.

Warlok11
Warlok11
Reply to  alleyrunner

Because tRUMP is a business man, a CAPTIALIST, the only thing he cares about is the money, and getting his hands on it.

JSNMGC
JSNMGC
Reply to  Warlok11

Capitalism is good.

grifhunter
grifhunter
Reply to  Warlok11

Trump lost a fortune personally while being President. Some money driven capitalist.

Reply to  Warlok11

Is that why he refused a salary as POTUS?

alleyrunner
alleyrunner
13 days ago

DUMP the rinos, especially Romney! NO money for the party until it gets rid of the ‘liberals in sheepskin’!

Get Out
Get Out
13 days ago

Nope, no money for Trump, he’s proven himself to be no friend of gun owners.

Reply to  Get Out

So HiLIARy and Biden are better for gun owners?

Get Out
Get Out
10 days ago
Reply to  Superman

Seriously? Wow and they always said there were no stupid questions being asked.

hoss
hoss

IF NOT NOW, WHEN?

ChiptheBarber
ChiptheBarber
13 days ago

I’ve got several favorite writers, but David has to be #1. I always get something valuable from his articles. When he dissects something it’s pretty well been examined. As to Rick Scott, I now give the same weight to anything that smoothly rolls from his forked tongue as from the ‘mainstream’ (there’s nothing mainstream about them) left-wing elitist Marxist propagandist news media. Just take the opposite of what he says and start from there, you’ll probably be ahead. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 6027 times, shame on me! I, for one, REALLY miss Donald Trump handing the… Read more »

Old Ch.E.
Old Ch.E.
13 days ago

I wish I had saved it but didn’t. Recently I saw a cartoon that pretty much typifies the current situation. From the back of a park bench we see three figures labeled democrat, conservative, republican. The conservative is sitting close to and leaning their head on the republican’s shoulder. The democrat and republican are holding hands behind the back of the bench and the back of the conservative.

jj
jj
13 days ago

Have you already forgotten, “Take the weapons NOW. We’ll worry about DUE PROCESS LATER!”???

Reply to  jj

Have you already forgotten ‘Hell yes we are going to take your AR-15’?

nrringlee
nrringlee
13 days ago

The Republican Party is a Progressive Party. They only tolerate and eploit conservatives. The Democratic Party is a New Left Progressive (Marxist) party and is anything but democratic. The duopoly is your matrix.

PMinFl
PMinFl
Reply to  nrringlee

^^There it is in one sentence.^^

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
13 days ago

I do NOT donate to “pacs”, “DNC”, “RNC” nor “gopers”. When I contribute, I contribute DIRECTLY to the PERSON I DEEM TO SUPPORT.

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
14 days ago

SCAMMER

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

Thanks to whomever removed the spam post.

Mack
Mack
14 days ago

David,

You neglected to discuss this crucial fact: the policy of the NRSC is to support ONLY incumbents.

Period.

Mack
Mack
14 days ago
Reply to  Mack
Ej harbet
Ej harbet
14 days ago

And rick scott is gun grabbing scum and a domestic enemy of the constitution

Ej harbet
Ej harbet
14 days ago

Screw the gope! Its not for a republic anymore.
Will i vote for republicans? Yes after my vetting if they pass muster.
But the elephant as a whole can put the barrel in its mouth and pull the trigger

nrringlee
nrringlee
Reply to  Ej harbet

Late breaking news. The Republican Party was founded as a progressive party and has remained so until this day. Just thought you might want to know that.

Warlok11
Warlok11
Reply to  nrringlee

The republican party won’t weed out white supremacists, so they will never be “progressive” because America is more than just white people …

Last edited 12 days ago by Warlok11
JSNMGC
JSNMGC
Reply to  Warlok11

We need to end system racism. All affirmative action programs and other policies that discriminate on the basis of skin tone should be eliminated.

Reply to  Warlok11

Hurry! Get down to the Mexican border NOW! Tell those entering the USA illegally that the USA is full of white supremacists! THEY NEED TO HEAR IT FROM YOU!

Darkman
Darkman
14 days ago

I don’t financially support ANY national political organization and haven’t for several election cycles because I have No control of Who or Where the money is spent. My support goes directly to the candidate If I feel they deserve it. .

Terry
Terry
Reply to  Darkman

The GOP is still using Trumps name and he is during to stop them. Does anyone have a link, that has not been hi-jacked by left wing, that gives money to Trump to distribute to Republican candidates as he sees fit?

That would go far in not supporting RINOs, and supporting the stronger gun rights folks.

Stag
Stag
Reply to  Terry

So do you want to give money to Trump to distribute as he sees fit or do you want to support “stronger gun rights folks”?

Warlok11
Warlok11
Reply to  Terry

tRUMP will distribute that money to his family, no one else will see a dime of it.

Last edited 12 days ago by Warlok11
Reply to  Warlok11

That claim is so ignorant it is laughable. How old are you; twelve?